It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wage Gap Myth Debunked - By Ivanka Trump!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ivanka Trump, the daughter of Donald Trump, had a pretty impressive speech at the RNC this year. One portion of the speech that I thought was awesome, was this segment here where she debunks the wage gap myth while shutting down feminists at the same time.

This is what REAL feminism looks like!

youtu.be...

This is one classy woman right here.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What I thought was interesting is that she says the Trump Organization has more female executives than male, pays everyone equally, and when a woman becomes pregnant, they don't "abandon" her. Her actual point was that when you throw the "Mom" into the equation, THAT'S where the biggest gap is. Why? Because they're taking care of their kids instead of doing time-in-grade gaining experience.

Now, the question is, does the Clinton Foundation pay their people equally? I have read articles that suggest they don't, like here and here.

Trump is frequently portrayed as a sexist misogynist, but in the "Do as I say, not as I do" Department, he has a far better record than Clinton, who says we ought to vote for her because she's female.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

Excellent point! Maybe it bears considering, that while we vote for a President, what we get is a whole family.

Ivanka comes with the package. So does Bill......
edit on 23-7-2016 by Enderdog because: typos

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Does this mean trump will force all businesses to pay equally?

Some data on his business to prove it would be nice but we'll never see it.

Too bad one person doesn't set the way the country is run, right?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
that wasn't a debunking, it was a sales pitch.

I guess we will have to trust them

lol

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

So, the Trump Corporation/family is going to be president and its policies legislative law? Ivanka Trump is elitist and disenfranchised from the norm.

Are we voting for a monarchy or a president?

edit on 23-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

well, Monarchy is what you get with Clinton/Bush dynasty. This is Trump first go, so not sure you can attach a pattern of dynastic rule there. It is quite clear though with ClintonBush.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

actions are a much better barometer of what a person is,than what they say, or as i like to say you are what you do,not what you say.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
And you thought that was "debunking"? Cute.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The mainstream media is very powerful. Before Trump announced his campaign, EVERYONE loved him. As soon as he announced, he was painted as this vile racist, sexist, etc.

The wage gap myth is basically propaganda. They take EVERY man and woman, add up the total amount of money earned, and then take the averages and compare them to one another. This compares doctors, mechanics, servers, landscapers etc. all in the same group. So overall, men earn more money. Men also make different life decisions, do not have children, work more overtime, and take higher risk jobs.

The wage gape does not compare a man and a woman accounting for all the variables. They do not compare both a man and a woman working a mid range job at the Coca Cola corporation, with similar experience and time on the job. The wage gap is a lie.

Can you imagine the firestorm that would take place if women REALLY were discriminated against at this level for the same jobs? If it even just appeared that they were discriminating, it would be all over the news and lawsuits would be flying faster than a fighter jet.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So, the Trump Corporation/family is going to be president and its policies legislative law? Ivanka Trump is elitist and disenfranchised from the norm.

The President is technically 'King' of the Federal Bureaucracy. Executive Orders are considered law to all the agencies. They cannot exceed the limitations of the Constitution or actual signed Legislation, but that's about their only limitations on the bureaucrat level.

That's how Obama has been able to implement a higher minimum wage for government contracts and push his agenda through federal dollars. It all comes with strings attached.
edit on 23-7-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
HRH, Her Royal Highness Princess Ivanka Trump is so disconnected from the reality of what I and other women have experienced in the real world I don't care what she says, it is like asking Princess Anne of England to explain to me how she found working at her local Asda supermarket when she was a check out assistant.

Bring a woman of substance to the debate, not some fluff piece heiress.
I'm not listening to a prom queen, that is so stupid, I am listening to someone who understands my hard years of work, my employees needs and our contribution to society.

The embracing of the Trump monarchy is hilarious, given we fought a revolution to get rid one.

edit on 23-7-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Businesses are ALREADY forced to pay men and women equally, what the heck are you even talking about??

Equal Pay Act Of 1963

link   

This is one of those few times I wish I could give more than one star.

link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

No. Chelsea Clinton isn't going to be part of the Clinton Cabinet. The Presidency isn't a family affair. There's a name for that.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
The embracing of the Trump monarchy is hilarious, given we foght a revolution to get rid one.

I don't disagree with you, but please don't be a hypocrite and support Hillary because you think she she understands your "hard years of work, [your] employee's needs and our contribution to society."

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

So, the Trump Corporation/family is going to be president and its policies legislative law?

Only Congress can Legislate or pass Laws.

POTUS cannot.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Don't call me a hypocrite, I have not made any voting decision. I vote for who I want.
That''s the American way baby.

edit on 23-7-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The President is technically 'King' of the Federal Bureaucracy.

Nope! Not even close. There are 3 branches of government, checks and balances. That's the American way!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer

So, the Trump Corporation/family is going to be president and its policies legislative law?

Only Congress can Legislate or pass Laws.

POTUS cannot.

It's so absurd that American don't seem to know that!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join