It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of blocking a street/highway?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
probably cause sitting outside a police station won't bring any national change people have been protesting months even years.. But you don't know that cause they're not blocking highways. it's a brave new world they don't know where else to go cause no one listens, blocking traffic so people can't buy iPhones and new shades will defenitley have there voice heard if anything. What would you do against a tyrannical government try to sue?
edit on 11-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I can think of much fancier ways to exercise my rights without standing in the street yelling pointless verses and holding traffic up.... that sounds more like morons seeking attention.. riiiiiiiiight!!!?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
]Stopping ambulances with dying people from getting to the hospital and firefighters from reaching burning buildings is constitutionally protected?

Protesting in thoroughfares is Constitutionally protected.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
because people are stupid, dumb muthaf***ers, like George Carlin says..

Awesome post, a star for you ware

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
it may be allowed by federal law, but is it morally right?

I suppose the morality portion of any protest is determined by what side of the issue you find yourself on. Regardless, protesting in public thoroughfares is Constitutional.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I can think of much fancier ways to exercise my rights...

The Constitution does not deal in aesthetics, it deals in the limitations of the government.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
]Stopping ambulances with dying people from getting to the hospital and firefighters from reaching burning buildings is constitutionally protected?

Protesting in thoroughfares is Constitutionally protected.
That's an evasive answer. Answer my question.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

Who died?

link   
Its interesting... didnt christie shut down part of a bridge and get eviscerated for it (rightfully so)in the press because the back up caused problems for an ambulance trying to respond?

But because its BLM its ok?

No it was wrong when jabba the hut in Jersey did it... its wrong now... They keep it up its only a matter of time before someone dies due to an ambulance not being able to get through and I would hope BLM is sued into permanent poverty by the deceased persons family... (if its not an official taxed group... then the leaders of the protest.)

link   

Sometimes they're not on the roadways, but I will say that unfortunately when you have that many people in one place, and tensions are already high, often times it will get out of hand and people who "thought" they were going to peacefully protest, end up doing more than that

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
BLM does not get permits to block traffic:
minnesota.cbslocal.com...

minnesota.cbslocal.com...

ive looked at multiple other blocking, and BLM never has a permit to block anything, therefore their activity is illegal.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

And according to the ACLU the city has the right to limit access to roadways for traffic control and public safety.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The issue is apparently some folks.,

Have no clue what PEACEABLE assembly means even when they are shown the text book definition,

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
well thank you Sherlock... did not know that......

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
And according to the ACLU the city has the right to limit access to roadways for traffic control and public safety.

Some cities require permitting and others do not, but if they do they need to have a non-discriminatory policy in place.

And to be honest, I am not really for the private citizen petitioning the government to exercise rights.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have a feeling if it were Alex Jones or some other right wing sycophant all we would be hearing is crickets.

I don't agree with BLM most of the time but, as Augustus pointed out, they are all within their Constitutionally protected rights and, despite my feelings toward them as a group, are doing exactly what the First was created for.
edit on Cpm12Monday1220161831Mon, 11 Jul 2016 12:12:18 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

well thank you Sherlock... did not know that......

Glad I could help Lestrade, some elementary aspects of our Republic escape the notice of the average citizen.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

actually no its not. no where in the constitution does it say its okay for your to put other peoples lives in danger to protest. its up to each state and municipality to enforce the laws. the law states you need a permit to block a street. and BLM never has any permits to do anything. they go on facebook and twitter and spread propaganda, and call for the protests. they do not sign any paperwork -

link   

originally posted by: neo96
The issue is apparently some folks.,

Have no clue what PEACEABLE assembly means even when they are shown the text book definition,

Well, then those folks need to be arrested.

link   
a reply to: nobunaga

Obviously it's too get media attention on the concerns of BLM...pretty obvious to me...sure it may not be the best way to get attention but they are getting it...

Any peaceful protest seldom gets any attention...I'm not justifying their action but I get why they would do that..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join