It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Fulfilled Prophecies in the Bible Actually "Prophecies"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: VioletSkies
a reply to: Rtardx

I'm not from America, where they talking about the bible on fox news? I hear that they not allowed to talk about the bible or they mock it in mainstream media?

Pretty much.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
No.

Every prophecy that is in the Bible was written after the event happened to make the Yews look prophetic.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: VioletSkies
a reply to: Rtardx

I'm not from America, where they talking about the bible on fox news? I hear that they not allowed to talk about the bible or they mock it in mainstream media? [Violet Skies]

[NotTypical]

Pretty much.

Rightfully so. It's a very evil book.
edit on 29-7-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muffenstuff
No.

Every prophecy that is in the Bible was written after the event happened to make the Yews look prophetic.

The Jews aren't prophetic, the Spirit of God would come upon prophets and kings and would declare things. Plus, the Bible records many prophecies before Abraham.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muffenstuff
No.

The Jews aren't prophetic, the Spirit of God would come upon prophets and kings and would declare things. Plus, the Bible records many prophecies before Abraham.

I said LOOK. No spirits involved, it is easy to write about prophecies when you're pretending to be someone alive when it happened but are writing about the past.

Pretty good reason for why 2000 years later Jesus hasn't "returned" is the Bible is a book of myths, fables, legends and pseudo history.

Not that it matters to so called believers but IF Jesus existed he was a human. Greek mythology and Egyptian polytheism are just as true as the Bible.

People will believe anything if the world says it happened. That's where we get the term sheeple. I am sorry but religion is corrupt and that includes the Bible.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

I'm not concerned at all that He hasn't come back yet, He said He was coming soon and the Bible says His calendar is quite different than man's. A day to Him is as 1000 years to us. He hasn't even been gone two days according to His calendar.

You're actually fulfilling prophecy when you scoff about Him coming back, do you realize that?

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 2 Peter 3:3-4

And

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. - Jude 1:18

edit on 7 29 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Muffenstuff

I'm not concerned at all that He hasn't come back yet, He said He was coming soon and the Bible says His calendar is quite different than man's. A day to Him is as 1000 years to us. He hasn't even been gone two days according to His calendar.

I believe you that your not worried. If it comforts you to think that he will then I don't want to take that from you I just have a funny sense of humor and I have problems myself I wish Jesus could fix and I literally thought today God did, fell asleep woke up and it was worse than ever.

But you know what? He gives he takes and it might be a problem but I ain't gonna curse God.

You're actually fulfilling prophecy when you scoff about Him coming back, do you realize that?

Well if that is the case I guess that's my role in this show. I am not scoffing I am just looking at it from a different angle.

Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 2 Peter 3:3-4

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. - Jude 1:18

Those are actually epistles to other people who weren't talking about our last days but their own. Rome was about to destroy Jerusalem and they knew it but were trying to keep up morale in the camp. Rome descended upon Jerusalem like the beast that they were and that is well know.

But I here you either way and am not a scoffer at all I just have a realistic approach to history. I have a hard time believing Peter wrote that and the 3-400 year gap from death to text, the different movements that Rome destroyed in typical villainous fashion for whatever ridiculous reason and the fact that the whole thing rests on the word of those men of war and vice makes it difficult to accept as fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join