It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Fulfilled Prophecies in the Bible Actually "Prophecies"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Rtardx

IT IS CALLED BIBLIOMANCY, EITHER YOU GET IT OR YOU DON'T
edit on 10-7-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

originally posted by: In4ormant

a reply to: Awen24

...and now, a response from someone who actually reads the Bible:

I would venture to say I have at least as many, if not more years in bible reading AND study as you.

Anyone who states that no Bible prophecy has ever been fulfilled clearly hasn't read it and it just repeating someone else's opinion. The evidence is overwhelming.

And anyone who states that it has, spends their life confirming their bias, and studying only what soothes their cognitive dissonance. The evidence is lackluster at best.

What degree of accuracy would substantiate a prophecy for you?

See my first post. There really isn't any way to substantiate prophecy, because there are too many variables. Secular prophecy has the same problem when it is ancient as the bible is. Was the Oracle at Delphi right? We'll never really know. Nostradamus? Too ambiguous. Sure, some writer might make enough prophecies to hit one loosely, or right on the money, but that hardly qualifies as evidence for inerrancy of scripture, whether biblical or otherwise.

I agree. Especially considering the language used in the past, along with translations, will probably never match up with current events or descriptions of them.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

If you have the prophecy ahead of time and know what it is, and so does everyone else, you can't ever rule out that someone engineered it to happen (unless it is legit supernatural).

I have a prophecy/proverb:

When it comes to what really matters, nobody believes the truth upon hearing it because all the lies they have been told make it unbelievable.

But everyone believes the lie always. If religion can't fool you science will, if not science politics, if not politics your one of the few.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I would venture to say I have at least as many, if not more years in bible reading AND study as you.

Anyone who states that no Bible prophecy has ever been fulfilled clearly hasn't read it and it just repeating someone else's opinion. The evidence is overwhelming.

And anyone who states that it has, spends their life confirming their bias, and studying only what soothes their cognitive dissonance. The evidence is lackluster at best.

The prophecy that cited was area specific to Judea. That prophecy was fulfilled, if you believe it was spoken by Jesus around 30AD, in 70 AD with the Jewish Wars and the destruction of Pompeii.

The things is, history repeats itself, the circle continues to spiral, especially if that spiral is being reinforced by religion and executed by governments.

edit on 10-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rtardx
a reply to: In4ormant

People who believe in the Abrahamic Religions being in a constant state of worship and anticipation of a thought consciousness that FEEDS on the power of the believers and in the turn appeases them with little visions and small miracles. I really confused, because all of the things I've read in the bible make sense, likewise alot of the things in the quran make sense to me, at least i think it does. But at the same time, All this knowledge in the Bible is too available and Christianity is too common for me to fully trust it, it just seems to suspiscious that supposedly the elites are running things yet they let biblical remain so publicly accessible. All the real knowledge could've been burned by some thugs in an ancient library millenia ago.

The elites of today are no different than the elites of yesteryear. They prey upon the weak in spirit.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

People who believe in the Abrahamic Religions being in a constant state of worship and anticipation of a thought consciousness that FEEDS on the power of the believers and in the turn appeases them with little visions and small miracles. I really confused, because all of the things I've read in the bible make sense, likewise alot of the things in the quran make sense to me, at least i think it does. But at the same time, All this knowledge in the Bible is too available and Christianity is too common for me to fully trust it, it just seems to suspiscious that supposedly the elites are running things yet they let biblical remain so publicly accessible. All the real knowledge could've been burned by some thugs in an ancient library millenia ago.

The elites of today are no different than the elites of yesteryear. They prey upon the weak in spirit.

And the weak in spirit they make feel strong with promises of reward in the next life if you believe what they say in this one.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Klassified

3. The gospel will be preached in all the world (impossible at the time it was written, only in today's modern era is this possible)

Another assumption. Not impossible, just unlikely for a few centuries.

I actually wrote a thread on that one...

The coming of the Internet predicted in the gospels?

I remember that thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

People that are weak of spirit could be anyone. It could be christians, Could be muslims, Could be aries, could be pisces, Could be people not born into a certain hebrew bloodline, etc. The possibilities are endless, Yet so many people have the self-delusion of believing they have all the answers because they've scoped a small 1/1 zillionth of what reality could actually be. You feel me?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

People that are weak of spirit could be anyone. It could be christians, Could be muslims, Could be aries, could be pisces, Could be people not born into a certain hebrew bloodline, etc. The possibilities are endless, Yet so many people have the self-delusion of believing they have all the answers because they've scoped a small 1/1 zillionth of what reality could actually be. You feel me?

I was using the word spirit ambiguously. That's exactly what I mean as well. There are far easier methods of control in this world than trying to use the Bible for that purpose.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You agree that they're using the Quran to control and decieve, Don't you? They could be using multiple methods for a variety of reasons and purposes, I'm willing to wager that there could be multiple spiritual factions duking it out for power in ways we couldn't begin to comprehend. I need my blanket before I have a break down.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You agree that they're using the Quran to control and decieve, Don't you? They could be using multiple methods for a variety of reasons and purposes, I'm willing to wager that there could be multiple spiritual factions duking it out for power in ways we couldn't begin to comprehend. I need my blanket before I have a break down.

I believe they are using their interpretation of the Quran to help control people but I don't believe the Quran itself was created for those purposes.
edit on 10-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

No, Muslims are still having spiritual experiences in islam that they use to validate their beliefs. The Quran is also spiritual deception.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The prophecy that you cited was area specific to Judea. That prophecy was fulfilled, if you believe it was spoken by Jesus around 30AD, in 70 AD with the Jewish Wars and the destruction of Pompeii.

The things is, history repeats itself, the circle continues to spiral, especially if that spiral is being reinforced by religion and executed by governments.

Did you mean that for Infolurker? I didn't see a prophecy cited by In4ormant.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

No, Muslims are still having spiritual experiences in islam that they use to validate their beliefs. The Quran is also spiritual deception.

I can't speak with any authority on the Quran as I have not read it. There are many Islamic practitioners who are non violent and preach a peaceful message so I would assume that the book itself is non violent in its message. I think interpretation plays a big role.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Rtardx

IT IS CALLED BIBLIOMANCY, EITHER YOU GET IT OR YOU DON'T

Sounds a bit like necromancy or divination, Storm. Tsk tsk.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just a thought

Let's wait until Jesus or God himself comes down as prophesied and ask him.

That way you know one prophecy was real as Jesus came back,, Until then it's all subjective to whom ever reads into the Bible prophesies.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The prophecy that you cited was area specific to Judea. That prophecy was fulfilled, if you believe it was spoken by Jesus around 30AD, in 70 AD with the Jewish Wars and the destruction of Pompeii.

Did you mean that for Infolurker? I didn't see a prophecy cited by In4ormant.

Yes, perhaps I did.

I meant my post to be a continuation of the conversation.....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Awen24

...however, one of the key examples in recent times is the reunification f Israel in 1948. Ezekiel talks at length about Israel being returned to the land in unbelief (that is, as a secular nation rather than a practising Jewish nation). It's all there - Ezekiel 36 and 37. This site goes into some detail on that:

hoshanarabbah.org...

Just a tip. If you are just going to repeat someone else's opinion, I would suggest reading the whole thing.

"Has this prophecy already been fulfilled? The biblical evidence above would indicate not. "
"Christian scholars are not alone in seeing the two-stick prophecy of Ezekiel as having a future fulfillment."

I would be curious to see real fulfilled predictions however.

The first link just showed that whoever wrote books in the new testament had access to the old.

Do you have anything better?

edit on 10-7-2016 by Krahzeef_Ukhar because: editing is fun

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Assuming the Biblical Prophecies are Actually being fulfilled, Does that really mean that the bible is God-Inspired? The Big Bad's clearly have have an extreme amount of knowledge of the biblical prophecies so is it really to crazy to consider that they'd fulfilling these prophecies themselves to add credence to the bible, This assuming they have a supernatural means to do so which they probably do since they're supposed to run by fallen angels and what not.

If an entity foretells things that seem as future from in the domain we live in called spacetime, that means the source for that information is from an entity that exists outside the dimension of spacetime.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Just a thought

Let's wait until Jesus or God himself comes down as prophesied and ask him.

That way you know one prophecy was real as Jesus came back,, Until then it's all subjective to whom ever reads into the Bible prophesies.

Well, be careful, the first one who comes and convinces the world he is god with lying signs and wonders is the antichrist.

Wait for the second one, no matter what the first one does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join