It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Protesters Will Try To ‘Shut Down’ The Taste Of Chicago Today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
News from Chicago....

Reports say that protesters will attempt to shut down the "Taste of Chicago" event today.

They say this will start at 4pm (Central time).

And the theme is apparently economic.

"No justice, no revenue"

Chicago Protesters Will Try To ‘Shut Down’ The Taste Of Chicago Today

Following the events in Dallas, police departments across the country are on high alert.

Chicago police must think about how they approach the next local protest, which is expected later today.

Demonstrators say they plan to “shut down” the Taste of Chicago.

The larger of at least two protests planned for today will try to disrupt the Grant Park event. On Facebook, more than 600 people committed to demonstrating around 4 p.m.

If you’ve been to the Taste before, you know how large the crowds can get on a weekend afternoon and evening. Throw in protesters, hundreds of them, it will likely be chaotic.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Soros's useful idiots are really pushing it aren't they?

Nothing like claiming to be peaceful while intruding on others trying to enjoy an event meant to have fun aye?

Their days are numbered........

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The bullies of #BLM are going to run into people who aren't scared of them. Protesters are going to get beat up.

www.cityofchicago.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Nothing says, "I'm stupid" like denying people who have specifically made a living out of the hard work of their own two hands a chance to show case their talents and the ability to make money off of them.

Seriously, chefs at these taste of events cook. They earn a living by direct labor. It isn't like they're CEOs. I thought the general SJW argument was that CEOs only live off of exploiting the direct labor of people like chefs. So now we won't even let the people who DO make a living through their direct labor do that?!

What exactly is BLM doing again?
edit on 9-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I think that if nothing more, this protest is just plain stupid. They say " No justice, no revenue." which I can understand. But in this climate we all know now how a peaceful protest can so easily become something else.
Peaceful protesters need to face up to living in the 21st century where a peaceful demonstration can so easily become a violent one. This idea that we can change social injustices by marching peacefully with Mr. Gandhi or Mr. King has had it's day.

Peaceful protest organizers need to take into account how easy it is to have their protests usurped by those with violent intent. To set up a 'peaceful protest' that will automatically bring in hordes of riot police is only asking for trouble, trouble that can so easily overshadow the message of the organizers. I have to question their intent here. If there is a high degree of possibility that someone else will use your protest as cover for their own intentions, these 'peaceful' organizers need to choose their battles more wisely.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Those stands and kiosks should be much easier to loot and burn than a 7-11.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

How exactly are chefs being unjust to them?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
they should shut down all the shootings and homicides in urban chicago over this weekend. spend energy in more useful way.
as we speak , statistically there's already 5 dead as I type this; statistically, the purp and victim , both black.
statistically, by the end of the weekend it will be at least a 3000% difference in the amount of blacks cops shoot vs. blacks shot by other blacks in Chicago.

why don't they shut that down first....
edit on 9-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: eta: I'm black too... with common sense and critical faculties.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
they should shut down all the shootings and homicides in urban chicago over this weekend. spend energy in more useful way.
as we speak , statistically there's already 5 dead as I type this; statistically, the purp and victim , both black.
statistically, by the end of the weekend it will be at least a 3000% difference in the amount of blacks cops shoot vs. blacks shot by other blacks in Chicago.

why don't they shut that down first....

You're kidding right?

Those people might have guns and could shoot back ...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Protesting is great.

This isn't protesting.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

nope. black lives should also matter when its black on black... in fact all bloody lives matter. no moron should against some killing... but not others. or only when its a white and a black involved.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Nothing like claiming to be peaceful while intruding on others trying to enjoy an event meant to have fun aye?

c'mon...a lot of you on the right are just itching for a gun battle between blacks and whites....

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ever heard of Gordon Ramsey?

You really shouldn't annoy the guy who lives in a hot kitchen all day surrounded by sharp metal things.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

What exactly is BLM doing again?

They're starting something us usually peaceful people are going to have to finish!

Sad times!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

c'mon...a lot of you on the right are just itching for a gun battle between blacks and whites....

Where did I mention guns?

Protest at the police department, city hall, the Mayors mansion, what the hell kind of support do the idiots expect to get going to an entertaining event and disturbing those who just want to get out for the day and enjoy themselves?

Seems to me you Progs got guns on the brain.....
edit on 9-7-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

That seems to be an unsettling trend that has become more noticeable.

link   
Why not shut down the criminal activity that plagues Chicago which in turn spawns the gun violence which is killing more black people than any police force could.

No, that wouldn't make sense because that would take the ability to take responsibility for more black on black crime and death than what any police force could or would want to inflict overall.

The hypocrisy is so thick.

We kill each other more than police apparently do so no revenue for anyone.

Simply idiotic.
edit on 9-7-2016 by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So do they have a coherent message about what people can even do to help them? It just seems like a nonstop temper tantrum.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: ketsuko

nope. black lives should also matter when its black on black... in fact all bloody lives matter. no moron should against some killing... but not others. or only when its a white and a black involved.

I'm not saying I don't agree. I do, but I'm pointing out that they know which endeavor is less risky and they're taking the easy road. Law-abiding people trying to sell the food they've worked hard to prepare to other law abiding people are less likely in Chicago to have guns. Trying to impede the slaughter of gang members by other gang members is much more likely to get them caught in the cross fire.

In a cynical sense, we can see that their lives do indeed matter ... to them!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I agree that's it an unsettling trend, but it's not just the folks on the right itching for violence.

Not sure how, but we need to unite as Americans and stop this left/right, black/white blame game.

<<   2  3 >>

join