It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London's new Muslim mayor takes aim at sexy subway ads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
a reply to: 3danimator2014

No? It can. Why else are more and more clothing companies focusing more and more on ads with natural sized women and plus sized models? Because that is what their demographics wants to see. They want to see products demonstrated by models they can relate to. These ad companies are constantly evolving their advertising to what makes people feel good about themselves and their product.

Sure, there is some negative advertising out there that is meant to feed on guilt. But on a whole positive advertising works better for most types of products. Personally, any ad that is meant to make me feel bad or guilty about something puts that product on my personal do-not-buy list.
I think more and more people are aware of that type of advertising tactic and feel the same.

Please. The number of shops and fashion houses doing that is miniscule.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I hear ya. Britain has reached critical mass. The new mayor wasted no time in starting his push to Shari'a for the city.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
a reply to: 3danimator2014

well, its your country, run it how you wish. We will be here to help if the Wahhabi's take over though. We will never leave you guys behind, EVER!

Lol...ok mate. Stand down soldier. That won't happen.

Haha

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Do I have to say, yeah will say I told you so. But right after the so call Muslim liberal mayor took office in London and the news were posted in this board I was tag no very nice by those that were all behind the Muslim mayor in power, after all I say was That London will never be the same again, then Time will tell and will give it 10 years, darn I was wrong it only took months.

That is how in the act of war book you defeat the enemy from within.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
If anyone actually bothers checking the ban refers to adverts on Transport for London. A local government organisation the mayor is responsible for.

Not a blanket London ban and hardly the onset of sharia law.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That is how in the act of war book you defeat the enemy from within.

So because Sadiq Khan is a Muslim that makes him the enemy ?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Its sad to see so much race hate on ATS these days,

www.standard.co.uk...

The weight-loss ad, which featured a bikini-clad model, sparked a protest in Hyde Park as well as a petition on Change.org with more than 70,000 signatures, although it was not banned by the Advertising Standards Authority.

Mr Khan said: “As the father of two teenage girls, I am extremely concerned about this kind of advertising which can demean people, particularly women, and make them ashamed of their bodies. It is high time it came to an end.

The sheer ignorance of posters here makes me ashamed to be part of this forum sometimes.

There has been considerable debate in this country about such posters, and the advertising standards authority has banned certain images showing size zero models, because of continued issues with eating disorders such as anorexia.

But no.... lets not discuss the facts of the matter. Lets just hate out of sheer ignorance.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 14/6/16 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
London is such a mess.
Whenever I go I pretty much get a cab from the hotel door to the restaurant, walk to the theatre and get a cab back.
I don't think it's anywhere near as fun as it used to be, but you still gotta go if you want to visit an exhibition or catch a good show.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
The fragile right whines again.

The ban went into effect because of your lot, the fragile left offended by people who take care of themselves. They are not overweight, hairy legged feminists. Who would have thunk

edit on 14-6-2016 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This mayor remind me that song Time is on my side and time is all that is needed.

The art of war, such a very insightful read and to think it was written 5th century BC, but as usual people and countries never get to read such classics.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I find it odd that third wave feminists more often than not are quite unattractive. The attractive women are rarely third wave feminists.

I wonder why

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
Did you actually check on his family? This is him with his wife and two teenage daughters. Not a burqa in site.

And the length of the dresses on the women don't appear overly modest.... Mormons, Amish and Mennonites are more clothed than these women...I don't think anyone needs to worry too much... but OH NO! Folks will just have buy a sports illustrated magazine instead of seeing women in bathing suits plastered about town..!?!

Seriously folks, who cares so much about bathing suit ads not being posted around town. Where I live, I don't see anything of the sort and people are doing fine with only the art and murals we have instead.

I guess some people see it as ''take an inch then a mile'', but I don't think anyone needs to worry just yet over this mayor.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
I find it odd that third wave feminists more often than not are quite unattractive. The attractive women are rarely third wave feminists.

I wonder why

I find it odd that people who make sexist comments are more often than not sexual inadequates.

Wow generalising is fun!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

How else do you advertise swimwear? I mean a lot of people buy based on such adverts. With XXXXL models? I think that'd be off putting to most women.

My girlfriend sure as hell wouldn't buy something modeled in such a way.

It should be up to the advertising company and the operators of such transit systems what is advertised there at the end of the day. Not the State.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Not being a third way feminist = sexist.

Interesting

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
double post
edit on -050002pm6kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is quite worrying. The companies that go "too far" and get a few complaints usually change their practice. Complaints are taken through due process with OFCOM. Companies advertise within the law.

If the Mayor is setting himself as the censor and the judge of what people can see, it's the end of the rope.

Soon, adverts will need to display women "modestly". Imagine that.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

My goodness, you live there you didn't get the memo? your government will now regulate how you advertise. Tsk tsk read your inbox!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Up next:

No Music or Concerts.

Music is already not allowed in one part of London.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

The Mayor will probably announce it in about a year and it will be banned citywide imho, as it would offend too many people according to the Mayor.

STM

Note: I used to visit London every year with friends and family. (We btw are in great shape are not wearing baseball caps and have nice, not loud manners just to let you anti americans know) We also spent thousands for hotels, food, entertainment. Last year was my last visit, I'm not going back, it's not the same at all imho.
edit on 14-6-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Oh Sniff!

I didn't know where to put this, but have to post it somewhere.

On TV the London choir (for Gays) and hundreds of other men are in the street singing "Bridge Over Troubled Water" to Orlando, to Americans. Including their Mayor too. They are all wearing, looks like Superman tee-shirts?

Tears are streaming from me because it is so beautiful. So moving.

Sniff. Thank you guys. I love you guys.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join