It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Club Massacre: Was the Perp a Crypto Gay?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't understand why a heterosexual would be upset over two gay men sharing affection.
I would say cool...more chicks for me.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's such an irrational act that I doubt we can be sure of any of his real motivations, apart from he's linked (even if its just in his head) with a band of murdering nutters...

Plausible explanation though, needs a proper shrink to give a real assessment.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think there were many reasons that led up to this event. Violent and dissatisfied individuals often seek out a cause for their anger. Many do seek answers through various religions, only their anger often creates a bias on what they perceive. This man would have confirmed his hate whether he sought it as a Muslim or Christian.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Honestly when I first saw the news of it around 2:00 Sunday morning on my iPad (woke up, couldn't sleep) my first thought was a jilted lover. It just seemed personal. This was before any name or motive was released on media.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: maybee

You're right. Not to be irreverent in a very serious situation, but there is something personal to the point of kooky about this incident. I'm reminded of the movie, Dog Day Afternoon, where the chief character and his lover stick up a bank so they can get enough money for the lover's sex change operation.

Yes, Islamic terrorists don't like gays, but gay night clubs are way down their hit list, after military installations, American diplomats and the transportation system. I think that even in ISIS, this guy would be considered a knucklehead. There is something demeaning to the cause in targeting gays, I think. The IRA blew up bombs in the street, but in this kind of attack they went right after the British Army. They would never sink so low as to attack some gay bar. (No disrespect to gays or gay bars, but these militant types want to knock off the hardest target they can. It's a macho thing. My two cents worth.)
edit on 13-6-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
His ex-wife focuses on mental disturbance when talking about Mr. Mateen.

The description given by his Imam also suggests mental or emotional disturbance.

If these people are telling the classic "religiously sanctioned" lies to the infidel, they are very convincing. I don't think they are lying. These people don't have a hard edge to them, something the zealot has trouble concealing, even when trying to be charming. Also, I don't detect "duping delight" in these people.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
well, I guess this is better than the inevitable "orlando was a hoax" thread that is coming

by just a little tho

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I wondered about this too. The felon who was arrested in San Fran with the cache of weapons was suspected of attacking the pride parade. I noted the story on it mentioned his boyfriend.... Makes me think the indiana guy who traveled across the country to maybe shoot up a pride parade was also pretty conflicted. He never acted tho

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
At this point I don't take everything his father states as fact. There seems to be the possibility of emotions and mental issues with him.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

A lot of people are going to try to make political hay out of this. Alex Jones is already beating the drum that this is part of an ISIS inspired wave of terror being unleashed, something that plays right into the agenda of Alex's choice for President, Donald Trump.

The fact that Mateen was born in the US won't effect that agenda.

Others are focusing on the weapon as the weapon of choice for the mass murder fraternity. This helps the anti-gun politicians.

The San Bernardino shootings are easier to relate to Islamic extremism. There was even a radical burqa bimbo involved in that one.

Of course, ISIS has called for like minded Muslims to just open fire wherever they have the opportunity, so there is validity to pursuing the Islamic connection to the crime. They may, already, have applauded what has happened, but I don't think they had any direct involvement with this. To me, there is another level operating here and it's a personal one in the troubled mind of the shooter.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I swear the entire purpose of this thread was to inject a bull# term like "crypto gay" into the cultural conversation

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
well, I guess this is better than the inevitable "orlando was a hoax" thread that is coming

by just a little tho

its coming. its just too soon.

the ATS effect. a flag and star system. any wild allegation will do.

i hope all the victims are at peace. their loss will be 'click bait' unfortunately for months to come.
edit on 13-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

You're not the only one who thought this. Because as soon as I saw photos of him in the media, and quite a few were like this. Selfies of him posing in the mirror. He seemed to pose a little "too much" for a 'man'. Especially a religious "muslim" nut.

In my opinion I think you've hit the nail on the head. Abused his wife too? I did not know that, sounds like a classic case of closet homosexual. He probably hated himself more than the others. It could be a joint religious/closet case. Maybe he was ashamed of what he got up to and thought his only chance of redemption was being a martyr for "Allah".
edit on 13 6 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The pics I've seen of him (2 actually) have him wearing two different NYPD shirts. One is a sweatshirt and the other some kind of windbreaker, not the same picture above that the media is throwing around.

The guy does not look like some kind of terrorist at all.

Something's not right (yet again) with all of this.

Once again we have a mass shooter who worked for a security company, despite having FBI investigations? He worked for the same security company that had contracts at several other locations with mass shootings?

Yeah, this smells.

Do you know what it smells like?

"Agenda".

And you know what? I don't like the smell of agenda in the morning. Not on my Monday mornings at least.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Lots of crypto psychiatrists on ATS

He pledged his allegiance to ISIS. This act was in the name of the Islamic State. The only question is whether it was organized or if he acted alone.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
I swear the entire purpose of this thread was to inject a bull# term like "crypto gay" into the cultural conversation

LOL, I do admit that "crypto gay" sounds some creature you'd find in the woods.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well OP, it's being reported by CNN that the shooter visited the night cub 12 times.

12 times.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

There ya go! He hated gays and just couldn't get enough of them. (Like a lot of the super hero gay bashers in this world?)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Personally, I think the Quran was the source of his 'inspiration' but that's evolving. Who knows where it will end?
I started doing a search to see if I could learn a bit more about how LGBT' folks are treated in Afghanistan as compared to say, Saudi Arabia.
The search results just had to throw up this interesting addition to the whole crypto/closet angle, didn't they?
I realize that he was born here, but papa wasn't...
Yes, it's Fox. Not my choice, I don't watch broadcast TV.

As if U.S. troops and diplomats didn't have enough to worry about in trying to understand Afghan culture, a new report suggests an entire region in the country is coping with a sexual identity crisis. An unclassified study from a military research unit in southern Afghanistan details how homosexual behavior is unusually common among men in the large ethnic group known as Pashtuns -- though they seem to be in complete denial about it.

The study, obtained by Fox News, found that Pashtun men commonly have sex with other men, admire other men physically, have sexual relationships with boys and shun women both socially and sexually -- yet they completely reject the label of "homosexual."

The research was conducted as part of a longstanding effort to better understand Afghan culture and improve Western interaction with the local people. The research unit, which was attached to a Marine battalion in southern Afghanistan, acknowledged that the behavior of some Afghan men has left Western forces "frequently confused."
Continued...

Afghan Men Struggle With Sexual Identity, Study Finds
edit on 13-6-2016 by sageturkey because: Added more article text

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: HoldMyBeer
Well OP, it's being reported by CNN that the shooter visited the night cub 12 times.

12 times.

Was just looking at this news. Good for sharing.

Here's an article on it:
He was a regular at the Pulse club

Three other witnesses confirmed that they had also seen the suspected shooter, 29-year-old Omar Mateen, at the nightclub more than once before.

"Sometimes he would go over in the corner and sit and drink by himself, and other times he would get so drunk he was loud and belligerent," one witness, Ty Smith, told the Sentinel.

"We didn't really talk to him a lot," he added. "But I remember him saying things about his dad at times. He told us he had a wife and child."

Smith and Callen say that they stopped talking to Mateen when he pulled a knife on them after they made a religious comment. "He said if he ever messed with him again, you know how it'll turn out," Callen said.

The report comes after Samuel King, a drag queen, told The Daily Beast that he had befriended Mateen while the two worked next door to each other in Fort Pierce. King said that Mateen had seemed generally accepting of the fact that he and his friends were openly gay. King said that he even recalls Mateen going at least once to the nightclub where King performed.

Mateen may also have used a gay-dating app at one point, MSNBC and the LA Times reported.

Source-Yahoo

He seemed very conflicted.

With twelve times in three years that doesn't seem to be casing the place for an attack rather he was dealing with repressed sexuality(religious, family and societal influence?) using violence and threats as well.

Before anyone wants to say I'm leaving information out, take that up with the site policy because due to terms I CANNOT share all of the article. In effect you'll have to read the article.

edit on 13-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join