It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violence Erupts outside Trump rally, a female Trump supporter assaulted

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

I have not seen those yet, I'll keep my eyes open. Trouble is, when those reports come out you MAY hear about a few getting wrangled in and jailed. What you do not hear is if they get tried, how, and what the outcome was. That's the important part. People feel and rightly so, that if they do on some off chance get caught the repercussions were worth it or perhaps they don't see that far.

In my mind, if you want people to respect the law, it has to be something that can be observed the whole process through.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Gryphon66

The violence from trumps supporters pale in comparion, you just aren't seeing a movement. If it were trump supporters continually showing up in the news and videos attacking people (like on a daily basis) than I would condemn them and their IDEOLOGY, there is an ideology here that all of these folks share, from the BLM to the trump protesters on and on (hopefully you get the point) we should recognize a pattern here, anyway when referencing the religious right you have a point and I see a pattern with them as well. Any violence is wrong but when you see a movement and pattern of it, we must investigate the shared ideologies, surely you understand this?

So some violence is okay, just not others? I disagree completely. Violence is violence and its use as a political tool is always wrong.

What is the "ideology" that BLM, Trump protesters, etc. share then?

It's not just "the religious right" by any means. Most members of the RR in this country are not violent. Even asinine displays like Westboro are the fringe exception rather than the rule ... but you have White Supremacists, Militias, Survivalists and Preppers, etc. that seem to evidence a strong thread of paranoia and translate that into violent acts that actually HAVE resulted in deaths and destruction of property.

How is one type of violence better or more understandable than another sort?
edit on 3-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Bernie supporters mistake one of their own for a Trump supporter and start beating him until another protestor tells them that "he's one of us."

This is #ing madness. When is the media going to start reporting the truth about these terrorists?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There is a short video with this article

Here

I agree with you. Also there are very few repercussions for those that are violent in these types of protests.

MAYBE arrested, jailed, released and then vanish.

mg

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

One of the weirdest things I've seen in awhile

link   
Honestly these "protestors" are starting to get way out of #ing control.

edit on 3-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Troubling to watch. All the markers are there for a groupthink of the worse kind. But I'm still surprised that very few in the media, in the administration, and even counter-protesters are stepping up to defend the rights and well-being of their fellow countrymen. From what I gather from American media, there is very little outrage over this, even while the most fundamental rights of the country are being eroded.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Not what I said read again, no violence is ok period end of story, but when you notice a pattern or a movement we must investigate the ideology of the perpetrators, BLM Trump protesters Ect are all under the liberal/democrat umbrella, I believe the violent ones to be more fringe, but there is a pattern here and I want to understand it better.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Why don't you share some examples illustrating this nascent right-wing suppression of human rights you're speaking of.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Why don't you share some examples illustrating this nascent right-wing suppression of human rights you're speaking of.

Why don't you quote me saying that?

Because I haven't.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Not what I said read again, no violence is ok period end of story, but when you notice a pattern or a movement we must investigate the ideology of the perpetrators, BLM Trump protesters Ect are all under the liberal/democrat umbrella, I believe the violent ones to be more fringe, but there is a pattern here and I want to understand it better.

So ... you're actually asserting that liberals and Democrats are advocating political violence?

If you know that the violent ones are on the "fringe" ... what is the wider more encompassing pattern you're referring to by casting this at "the Left" and "liberals and Democrats"?

Because it's starting to sound like a diatribe against anything that doesn't agree with your personal ideology rather than very legitimate concerns about political violence.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

It's not just "the religious right" by any means. Most members of the RR in this country are not violent. Even asinine displays like Westboro are the fringe exception rather than the rule ... but you have White Supremacists, Militias, Survivalists and Preppers, etc. that seem to evidence a strong thread of paranoia and translate that into violent acts that actually HAVE resulted in deaths and destruction of property.

Some examples of this "type of violence" you're comparing with the violence displayed here. Is this the time and place to be mentioning survivalists and preppers.
edit on 3-6-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Hmmmm, watch this video that konduit showed us, btw there are many many videos coming from today, so you tell me what do they have in common? Surely it's not that they are Bernie supporters or that it has any consequence, it's just coincidental..

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Thug protestors waving Mexican flag follow and sucker-punch Trump supporter.

These people are animals. The amount of violence that is coming from the Bernie camp is disgusting.

+2 more 
link   

Hmmmm, watch this video that konduit showed us, btw there are many many videos coming from today, so you tell me what do they have in common? Surely it's not that they are Bernie supporters or that it has any consequence, it's just coincidental..

If we could condense this ugly movement into about 15 seconds, that is what it would look like.

+8 more 
link   

Watch the videos, it's clear as day light that some (quite a few) liberals/democrats are advocating for violence, and participating in violence, get real man. Take your partisan glasses off, how can you spin this?
edit on 3-6-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Some examples of this "type of violence" you're comparing with the violence displayed here. Is this the time and place to be mentioning survivalists and preppers.

So ... I didn't say what you were trying to claim I said? Fair enough; thanks for the self-correction on your part.

The evidence for DEADLY violence on the Right is not hard to find ...

Incident name (Persons killed in parenthesis following)

2015 Colorado Planned Parenthood Shooting (3)
2015 Charleston Church Shooting (9)
2014 Las Vegas Police Ambush (3)
2014 Kansas Jewish Center Shooting (3)
2014 Blooming Grove Police Shooting (1)
2012 Tri-State Killing Spree (4)
2012 St. John's Parish Police Ambush (2)
2012 Sikh Temple Shooting (6)
2011 FEAR Militia (3)
2010 Carlisle, PA Murder (1)
2010 Austin, TX Plane Attack (1)
2009 Pittsburgh Police Shootings (3)
2009 Holocaust Museum Shooting (1)
2009 George Tiller Assassination (1)
2009 Flores Murders, Pima County, AZ (2)
2009 Brockton, MA Murders (2)
2008 Knoxville, TN Church Shooting (2)

Source

47 or so deaths in the past decade or so. Need more or is the point made?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

What the videos, it's clear as day light that some (quite a few) liberals/democrats are advocating for violence and participating in violence, get real man. Take your partisan glasses off, how can you spin this?

My partisan glasses? You just said that you think this violence indicates some ideological basis on the part of liberals and Democrats???

Yes, a few people on both "sides" have gotten violent at these rallies. I thought you were concerned about the violence itself!

You're suggesting that the violence we've seen from Trump supporters isn't real? Isn't just as despicable as these videos???

Dude, you're the one making it a matter of political sides ... I'm trying to point out that the VIOLENCE is the problem.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Because all of those murders happened in the name of politics, right?

I guess every time someone commits a crime it's because they are either right-wing or left-wing, but not because of mental illness or anything like that.

edit on 3-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

No evidence is needed, but this is not a movement these people are prosecuted they are ostracized, they are completely rejected and jailed and sentenced to death, we are seeing a violent movement under the left wing umbrella rear its ugly head, why the hell won't you say that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join