It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most millennial men don’t identify as masculine, 1-in-5 actually identify as feminine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
An interesting "survey" conducted by somebody called YouGov is showing many younger men (under 30) are not identifying themselves as completely masculine.

The survey shows as many as 1 in 5 actually identify as feminine.

The results change as men get older.

Is there a conspiracy reason for this? Or is the survey somehow skewed.

Or maybe it's the GMO and pesticides and weed killers at work?

Most millennial men don’t identify as masculine, 1-in-5 actually identify as feminine

Only 30 percent of adult men under 30 identify themselves as “completely masculine,” according to a survey conducted by YouGov What’s more, 18 percent — almost 1 in every 5 American men — identify themselves as more feminine than masculine. The study included a random sample of men, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Men in their thirties and early forties were significantly more likely to rate themselves as masculine, and men ages 45 and up overwhelmingly responded that they are completely masculine or almost completely masculine.

Until now, conventional wisdom had held that millennials were redefining gender roles. Now, it appears that the men of our generation are rejecting gender roles altogether. And plenty of women are doing the same: The same YouGov study found that 12 percent of women identify themselves as more masculine than feminine.

+12 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Somebody has to be the first to die in the zombie apocalypse.

+4 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How many grow up with out a father?

(post by notmyrealname removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+2 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How many of those older males were alienated, beaten, or ostracized until they acted more "manly" when they were young? I think this "increase" in millenials is only because the amount of social ramifications have decreased. In another generation, the percentage will probably increase even more as the ramifications decrease further.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

Besides social engineering there's a different factor, estrogen in the water.

This is not a positive thing, this is part of the atomization of society. The inversion of the genders, gender confusion, gender warfare, the implosion of the sexual marketplace.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So there are some advantages to being 40 after all!

Good, good.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Lmfao I lost it.

OT: masculine dude under 30 here.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'll bite; how many?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

It is a basic military/political tactic (Call it 101) Divide & Conquer.

+12 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What's interesting about these threads, no ats member admits to being more feminine, it's always "others". Ats men are the mostmasculine males on the web, they are 6 ft rugby players or swamp croc wrestlers, anything less makes you a sissy these days. Ats is home of the toughest keyboard warriors on the net. They will kick anyone's ass from mommas basement
edit on 28-5-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Are you kidding me!?

edit on 28-5-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: notmyrealname
This is the first generation of men that identify as some kind of half-faggot who might censor you for potentially insulting him/her/it possibly because their feelings are potentially hurt.

Being 1/16 faggot on my mothers side I find this highly offensive.

and I respect your offense; go ahead and delete me from you "My Space Account".

You must be old, thinking MySpace is still a thing.

+4 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
no offense because im no fan of some of the millennials ways of thinking but.....

1 in 5 is not "Most" or a majority, its .......well....... 1 in 5

+3 more 
posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Well this is all apart of the untold horror that social engineering is having on males, and white males in particular. I believe the feminization of society and the complete and utter disregard for males ,or what it means to be a male, is responsible for this and the suicide rates.

Suicide is the third leading cause of death in the age groups of 15-24 the majority of those, every 3:1 will be males, and of those the majority will be white males, there are reasons for this, and this increase over time, society is paying heavily and dearly for this social engineering, and it's not only the males, women over 30 are increasingly becomin more unhappy.

Regardless, the liberals would tell you this is all progress, this is the natural arrow of righteous movement, I argue this is the seeds of destruction, and social engineering has some, if not most of the blame. Go ahead guys, continue your attack on gender, continue to assume it's non biologically based, that truly we were all made equal in every way, just realize as you do this you marginalize males, and you destroy females sense of fulfillment in their later ages. With that said, # all of you social justice bastards, and fanatical liberals, I am going to the mountains to make my castle and yes I will live how I want to with my people.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I have no problem admitting I'm feminine. 6'2" 170lbs hetero male, but my general mannerism have a feminine tone to them. How I sit, my hand gestures.

And I don't believe it has anything to do with my upbringing. It's just how I'm comfortable

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

estrogen in the water.

Too much Alex jones

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Is there a conspiracy reason for this? Or is the survey somehow skewed.

Since the article says that it changes when men get older I'm going to assume that these younger boys have found out it's what turns on the girls so to me it's nothing to worry about.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join