It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible contagious demonic possession in school in Peru

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: malevolent

the way i see it we as people can and will have our own beliefs and theres nothing wrong with it.
Indeed. Until someone gets hanged over it. Or, less drastic, ostracized.

for some reason that just seems normal to me. well i probably wouldnt have given a # about them to begin with, im alright with that its more fun alone anyways

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: malevolent

the way i see it we as people can and will have our own beliefs and theres nothing wrong with it.

for some reason that just seems normal to me. well i probably wouldnt have given a # about them to begin with, im alright with that its more fun alone anyways

You're not saying that hanging people over superstition is normal? Surely.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

First of all, demons are mythological.

Second of all myths, while possibly contagious, do not produce physical symptoms.

Third, physical symptoms are generally related to actual physical causes or emotional stimuli.

Answer: look for the physical causes or emotional stimuli (hint, See "first of all" above.)

sorry but i disagree demons are real, most of them could care less to interact with us humans, some are angry that they were forgotten as deities before they were scorned by people and called evil. i agree with what else you have to say there is a scientific reason for this incident

I won't debate our difference in opinions about demons considering the forum this is posted in (which, had I noticed, I would have avoided), but I will ask that if you agree that there is a scientifically-discoverable reason for the phenomenon in Peru, that wouldn't include demons ... right?
right, i am really into various aspects of the paranormal so in certain things i ask what was the logical cause for this phenomenon. this doesnt mean i dont have my own personal beliefs just that i would like to look into it with a different point of view so i set that aside and think about what can cause it from another point of thought. its too easy just to place the blame on something or someone else. did that make any sense to you?

Oddly enough, it did. Sounds like you've got a basically analytical outlook on life.

I think that will serve you well in your interests.
understanding the truth of everything is what i want. if i perceive something different from everyone else does that make me wrong, if you do the same are you in the wrong? the way i see it we as people can and will have our own beliefs and theres nothing wrong with it. i think its what truly makes us individuals

The search for truth is laudable in my estimation. I hope you find it. Of course, we are all due our personal beliefs.

Belief is not science, however. That is my only point, which is off-topic for this forum.
true its neither scientific and we are not on topic. however before i go can you answer me why is the search for truth viewed by you in that way?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

You're not saying that hanging people over superstition is normal? Surely.
it wouldnt be amusing so no, id rather avoid that if possible. if you misunderstood what i said i should have worded it better, im used to being cast off from everyone and being alone, i have learned to deal with not being accepted as i am but i wont change who i am just to fit in with simple minded people

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

So...since when is having dreams of a Hasidic Jew chasing you a sign of demonic possession

Har har har. Just kidding. I would wonder at the history of the building in question--or of the land that it sits on.

The reports don't seem to be demonic possession just because of a bit of mass hysteria and a shared bad dream of questionable origins. Were all these kids doing something they shouldn't and messing around with the occult? Or is this just something to divert attention away from exams? Demonic possession typically isn't just frothing at the mouth and nonsensical babble--demons are intelligent. There's a lot more that goes into possession that getting a bit sick and freaked out. Honestly, I've frothed at the mouth before when I've gotten over-excited about something. I've also retched and thrown up a bit of bile as a result of being very emotionally freaked-out. And I know I'm not possessed.

Screaming and making a big stink doesn't strike me as being demonic in origin. It sounds like a bunch of kids having temper tantrums. Maybe they ate bad bread or something and are tripping balls like the people in The Crucible.

But in all honesty, the video makes me feel that this is a bunch of hopped-up nonsense. Who knows, though? The people in the video seem preeeetty darn calm for the apparent cataclysm that's supposed to be going on around them. Most of those people look bored and slightly confused. I think this is as a result of boredom and a desire for attention. The kids didn't exhibit superhuman anything. They didn't have foreknowledge. They aren't levitating or speaking in tongues. They're not doing anything necessarily demonic. Apart from the oh so spoooooky dream of the murderous Hasidic Jew that's chasing them, I don't see much reference to anything that is potentially supernatural. Therefore, my initial reaction is that this is fake and over-dramatized.

Granted, could the mass-hysteria open a doorway to the demonic? Perhaps. Maybe that's how it gained momentum. But my gut feeling is that there is something far more mundane that explains this strange behavior.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I prefer people getting burned at the stake or crushed to death by concrete slabs. To each his own, Goody Proctor.

edit on 20-5-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

originally posted by: rickymouse Are they feeding the kids the Michele Obama approved school lunches?

Fortified with ergot.

My thoughts exactly.
edit on 5/20/2016 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2016 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think it is partly hysteria, but it is true also that evil spirits can enter people and take over when they are in the state of fear. I have experience staying in a school building that school kids were telling constantly of seeing ghosts. I didn't see any ghosts neither another person who went to live there for years, but still the kids were seeing them and also some teachers. In that area people commonly believed in ghosts and many houses were having them.
I felt it was rather imagination and thus ghost were created in their own mind like hallucination.

One just needs to keep mind positive so nothing can enter to posses you, and ghosts can easily be created by ones own mind or exoplasm or what it is.

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

First thought - the veil is getting thinner. Yeah, yeah, I know.

The veil or the "branes" that separate the individual universes from each other ?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thank you OP for bringing this to light.

It makes me ponder... wonder... speculate... A LOT!

Below are some of my questions....

What is going on in Peru could be related to what happened in Malaysia?

If so, how? Is there a link?

Looks as if the kids in Peru were playing around with a Quija Board. Some stated they were trying to call on the spirits of the old building. Did they succeed?

Is this also causing males to fall ill or is it strictly females?

If it is only females could it be caused by a vaccine?

Is it only happening in areas that are overly religious?

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Also... from looking into a little bit further it seems as though this Mass Hysteria is mainly triggered in females?

I just started looking into it so maybe I'm off the track but by reading a few articles it seems as though it happens in religious areas, in females, who may be just hitting the age of puberty.

Salem anyone? How are old were these women I wonder?

The best known example in the United States is the infamous Salem witch trials that occurred in the late 17th century. Women began experiencing fits and seizures that led to accusations of witchcraft. The accusations led to trials and the execution of 25 people accused of witchcraft.
www.inquisitr.com... lack-trying-to-kill-them-video/

They were young..

In January 1692, 9-year-old Elizabeth (Betty) Parris and 11-year-old Abigail Williams (the daughter and niece of Samuel Parris, minister of Salem Village) began having fits, including violent contortions and uncontrollable outbursts of screaming. After a local doctor, William Griggs, diagnosed bewitchment, other young girls in the community began to exhibit similar symptoms, including Ann Putnam Jr., Mercy Lewis, Elizabeth Hubbard, Mary Walcott and Mary Warren. In late February, arrest warrants were issued for the Parris’ Caribbean slave, Tituba, along with two other women–the homeless beggar Sarah Good and the poor, elderly Sarah Osborn–whom the girls accused of bewitching them.
www.history.com...
edit on 20-5-2016 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
doesn't seem like demon possessing them. firstly I don't think demons can take over at least not this easily.

secondly why would a demon mass possess children. isn't his biggest trick to fool people he doesn't exist? if he appears loud and proud wont more people turn to God, which is against his lifelong mission basically?

maybe its some type of vaccine or drug test??

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

thanks that was interesting to read. the part about the black shadow trying to enter the student i have a theory ill keep to myself for nor, the rest seemed like built up stress and then the others went along. holding in stress without out a positive way to release it can cause a person to literally snap

Very interesting reading, regardless of what we might guess about the causes! Demonic, psychological, something else; it's fascinating stuff. Some sort of mass hysteria is certainly possible, as well. The shadow, now.....I a curious as to your theory on that part. Perhaps a PM, if you don't want to post here?

For me, I'd want to check for any external causes, pharmacological, environmental, psy-ops, whatever, before stating that "demonic" is the most likely. I won't rule it out, but there are a lot of other possibilities. These days, even sound can be used to affect people from a distance.

Sadly, however, I don't see us getting enough information to actually know! If someone was running some sort of test, they'd be careful to not leave traces, and we'd be left with little to no information.

I wonder, too, about any shared characteristics of the students involved, and why it seems to be directed at the students.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The veil or the "branes" that separate the individual universes from each other ?

I am not familiar with that term. Membranes, do you mean? If so, yeah, that'd be about right! Universes, dimensions, whatever we call it; different planes of existence for certain types. Dimensions we can't usually see, is how I think about it.

I won't rule out some human cause, mind you, but that was my first thought!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Gothmog

I am not familiar with that term. Membranes, do you mean? If so, yeah, that'd be about right! Universes, dimensions, whatever we call it; different planes of existence for certain types. Dimensions we can't usually see, is how I think about it.

I won't rule out some human cause, mind you, but that was my first thought!

Yes , the term is scientifically membranes. However all geeks, including the co-founder Michio Kaku of the super string theory , shorten that to just "branes".

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes , the term is scientifically membranes. However all geeks, including the co-founder Michio Kaku of the super string theory , shorten that to just "branes".
And it really has nothing to do with separating or touching universes. It's more directly associated with the creation of universes. The idea is, is that where branes meet, a big bang occurs and the physical laws of the universe that is created depend on the circumstances of that meeting.
clearlyexplained.com...

edit on 5/21/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

And it really has nothing to do with separating or touching universes. It's more directly associated with the creation of universes. The idea is, is that where branes meet, a big bang occurs and the physical laws of the universe that is created depend on the circumstances of that meeting.
clearlyexplained.com...

You are also speaking of an entirely different "theory" . I love it when a website states "clearly explained" when almost nothing has been decided upon in "Theoretical Physics". Thats the reason all theories stay just that for now, theoretical.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You are also speaking of an entirely different "theory" .
It is indeed different from what you are talking about. But what I am talking about actually is "brane theory." Which is not actually a theory, but a hypothesis as is "string theory."

The website does a pretty good job of explaining a very mathematically complex hypothesis.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Key term there - hy po the sis . You could say clearly defined theory. Would sound better.
But we stray from the topic.(kinda) . This began with my posting a logical (or perhaps illogical) theory of mine. The Explanation of all Things Paranormal.

edit on 5/21/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You could say clearly defined theory. Would sound better.

But it wouldn't make it true. Neither strings or branes qualify as theories. Neither has verifiable evidence and neither is testable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join