It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery surrounds mutant sea creature that has washed up on a beach in the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

whats that island on the other side of the pond said to be part of animal dna testing? just trying to figure out the distance and cant remember the name?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

whats that island on the other side of the pond said to be part of animal dna testing? just trying to figure out the distance and cant remember the name?

That's not very helpful. Got anything more to go on?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

i think it just came to me montak monster?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

That was a dead opossum. Not a whale.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

just thinking out loud here not making any claims,

but the reason it came to mind cause i have heard whispers of animal testing going on in that area and was wondering how close it was to south whales. its about 3000 miles, but since we dont know what it is we cant speculate on its traveling patterns or distances.

link

about the same distance to plum island which has also done animal experiments

link

the two islands are only 15 miles apart
edit on 18-5-2016 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

i do remember the montauk monster threads but the animal testing and even weaponizing stories is what interests me not bloated corpse

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: rickymouse
I know what that is. It's dead.

It's not dead. It's resting.

It's pining for the fjords.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
looks like the mystery is solved folks!

Melaine Edwards Rees with the remains of the creature "I found the remains of what we believe is a long finned pilot whale in January and I immediately reported it to Neath Port Talbot Council. "When I saw the story, I couldn't believe it was the same carcass but I went down to the beach over the weekend and it was. It even looks like someone has been setting fire to it, but it hasn't moved at all. Read more: www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk... Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook

her saying that it was set on fire would confirm what some people here have said, that the "limbs" are actually pieces of wood.

"but it hasn't moved at all" i'm happy we don't have to worry about the finned pilot whale zombie apocalypse too!

link
edit on 18/5/2016 by IShotMyLastMuse because: i thought i could type on the keyboard without looking but it turns out i can't

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Live pilot whales are scary enough. They give me the creeps for some reason (I see them fairly often) and I like cetations.

They certainly didn't take to this idiot.

edit on 5/18/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

And you win the Internet.

Not only for solving the mystery, but for also admitting that you're pish at typing.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Thank God the weather has been too cold for swimming or serious paddling. Imagine that carcass rubbing up against you - you'd have a heart attack.

I actually don't like to think of something like that in the water around here or worse creeping up the beach. Hope it doesn't have a mate although how it got here is horrifying to think about.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I'm sure sharks don't have bones. Maybe wrong though.
More likely a sea mammal like whale/dolphin.
Although i thought it looked like a croc or alligator.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe
Sharks have cartilage. It doesn't last long but it does last for a while.
www.metabunk.org...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Thanks

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Thanks very munch for clarifying this, Shiloh on a lilo is relived.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It seems ,according to this report,to be part of an ex-whale.

Last week, dog walkers Melanie Edwards Rees and Mike Rees found the remains washed up on Morfa Beach and began taking photographs in the hope that someone they knew would be able to identify it.

Rod Penrose of Marine Strandings confirmed some months ago that the carcass was that of a long finned pilot whale on the Kenfig Nature Reserve Facebook page. Mr Thomas is now asking why the remains have yet to have been cleaned up as he reported it to Neath Port Talbot Council in January.
www.walesonline.co.uk...

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

just thinking out loud here not making any claims,

but the reason it came to mind cause i have heard whispers of animal testing going on in that area and was wondering how close it was to south whales. its about 3000 miles, but since we dont know what it is we cant speculate on its traveling patterns or distances.

link

about the same distance to plum island which has also done animal experiments

link

the two islands are only 15 miles apart

South whales, is that a new species of wales?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
looks like the mystery is solved folks!

Melaine Edwards Rees with the remains of the creature "I found the remains of what we believe is a long finned pilot whale in January and I immediately reported it to Neath Port Talbot Council. "When I saw the story, I couldn't believe it was the same carcass but I went down to the beach over the weekend and it was. It even looks like someone has been setting fire to it, but it hasn't moved at all. Read more: www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk... Follow us: @SWEveningPost on Twitter | SWEveningPost on Facebook

her saying that it was set on fire would confirm what some people here have said, that the "limbs" are actually pieces of wood.

"but it hasn't moved at all" i'm happy we don't have to worry about the finned pilot whale zombie apocalypse too!

link

I'm just glad somebody had the sense to set fire to it. We all know once it's burned, it can never come back.
or can they............

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

sorry guys ive never been one for .....never mind you guys get it.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Looks like a crocodile because it probably is (or rather WAS) a crocodile. In South Wales? Yes very strange, if it were alive but as you said yourself, it looks like it's been floating around for a while. I say dead crocodile. . . . . VERY dead

<< 1    3 >>

join