It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: Annee

So join them where it actually is needed and stop pretending to fight for something in a country where the very thing you pretend to be fighting for is already largely accepted since decades.

America is still fighting for LGBT Equality.

We aren't even close to full Equality for LGBT.

You seem to buy into too much White Wash.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I will quote a part of my last post in answer to that:

Go join that LGBT group you just linked to that actually needs it instead of insulting the freedom your country already has and provides and stop pretending you have the right for full acceptance by anyone and everyone all of the time in this country because you do not. Nobody does.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 22 May 2016 14:56:27 -05001620165America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Bone75

And she was correct, this thread itself showed how many insufferable bigots actually are on ATS. I was actually surprised.
They all came out of the woodwork, the usual bigoted and hateful members

Isn't that an oxymoron?

The topic was about a particular social demographic raising awareness of the very real suffering some experience in the world.

So why aren't you doing that?

In fact after going through your posts in this thread, I noticed you haven't contributed a single shred of information relating to this topic you're so passionate about.

Where are the horror stories one would expect to find in such a thread? Don't you have some Salon or RawStory articles highlighting cases of real life abuse of transgenders and homosexuals that you can share? Do any of you?

Instead, all I've seen you do is stand up on a pedestal bragging about how perfectly tolerant you are and shouting "bigot" at anyone who has the slightest problem with this international day against 2 extremely rare medical conditions.

Agreed in full. This is why they need to inject so much drama into these things carefully wording them so suggestively while all they do is be a huge narcissist acting and talking as if they are the next comming of jesus and because they pretend to "fight" for something they cannot ever be wrong or be criticized for it because that is offensive and should not be accepted which is kind of ironic in and all by itself at the same time.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Go join that LGBT group you just linked to that actually needs it instead of insulting the freedom your country already has and provides and stop pretending you have the right for full acceptance by anyone and everyone all of the time in this country because you do not. Nobody does.

I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make. It seems cloaked to your true meaning. SWYM

You go join whatever you want.

American LGBT are still fighting for their Equality.

This is as much a home grown issue as it is a world issue.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Agreed in full. This is why they need to inject so much drama into these things carefully wording them . . .

That made me laugh.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Does anyone find it amazing that the folks who whine and complain over and over again about drama ... are the one's creating it?

For example, this thread is about a day intended to recognize the fight for equal rights and overcoming ignorance regarding LGBT issues and celebrating the successes thereof.

How many posters have come into the discussion claiming that there's no discrimination against LGBT, or that LGBT aren't normal, or that LGBT are the usual villains in regard to child molestation, etc?

Or the whining and crying about "special snowflakes" or any of the other general right-wing/religious complaints?

The question is, why? The answer, is to create drama ... and then accuse those of us who wanted to talk about the topic of creating it.

That qualifies in most definitions as more than a bit neurotic.

edit on 22-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

I'll send you my suggestions when The Transgender Day of Remembrance rolls around in November.

Wow! That's pretty revealing about the kind of person you are and I might suggest pretty goddamn offensive.

Why? Its a noble cause in honor of those who've lost their lives in the fight against hate... I'd like to see it done right. You wouldn't want someone like Buzzy or myself starting that thread would you?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Frankly, I'd just like to see you post something on topic here.

How are you celebrating the ways in which homophobia and transphobia have been overcome?

That is, after all, the topic.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Have you?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Have you?

Read the thread and find out.

This International Day was recognized around the world by millions. I'm sorry if that fact really gets your goat.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Lol. I'm sorry Gryphon. I just can't escape the fact that here we are on page 21...

I've learned which pronouns GrainOfSand approves of people using in public...

I've learned that Buzzy was married until she was divorced...

I've learned that there are now more transgender people on ATS then there actually are in the world...

I've learned that you really don't like people being off-topic...

I've learned a lot about all of you, but I haven't learned a #ing thing about the struggles homosexuals and transgenders have been through, because none of you self-serving hypocrites have posted anything for me or anyone else to be aware of.... except that there are meanies on ATS.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Right. We're hypocrites? Suddenly your ability to use Google has expired?

You haven't been a part of the world for the last few decades and you never hear anything about violence toward gays, Lesbians, bisexuals and Trans* folks?

You haven't made your position very clear on numerous occasions about how you feel toward us?

Okay, I'll cater:

Hate Crimes and Violence Against LGBT - Human Rights Council

History of violence against LGBT people in the United States

FBI.org - Hate Crimes Statistics 2015

That should get you started if you actually have any interest in the facts.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
And to forestall the inevitable ... "but that's hate crimes, not homophobia ..."

Homophobia encompasses a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT).It has been defined as contempt, prejudice, aversion, hatred or antipathy, may be based on irrational fear, and is sometimes related to religious beliefs.

Homophobia is observable in critical and hostile behavior such as discrimination and violence on the basis of sexual orientations that are non-heterosexual.

Recognized types of homophobia include institutionalized homophobia, e.g. religious homophobia and state-sponsored homophobia, and internalized homophobia, experienced by people who have same-sex attractions, regardless of how they identify. Negative attitudes toward identifiable LGBT groups have similar yet specific names: lesbophobia is the intersection of homophobia and sexism directed against lesbians, biphobia targets bisexuality and bisexual people, and transphobia targets transgender and transsexual people and gender variance or gender role nonconformity.

In the USA, according to the 2010 Hate Crimes Statistics released by the FBI National Press Office, 19.3 percent of hate crimes across the United States "were motivated by a sexual orientation bias." Moreover, in a Southern Poverty Law Center 2010 Intelligence Report extrapolating data from fourteen years (1995–2008), which had complete data available at the time, of the FBI's national hate crime statistics found that LGBT people were "far more likely than any other minority group in the United States to be victimized by violent hate crime.

Wiki - Homophobia

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

And to forestall the inevitable ... "but that's hate crimes, not homophobia ..."

You know some are going to read into what ever you post - - what they choose to interpret it to mean.

Post exactly what they ask for - - and they'll tell you you're wrong - - or it doesn't apply.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I've learned which pronouns GrainOfSand approves of people using in public...

Yep, the pronoun which an individual would prefer, that is reasonable in a tolerant society.
Would you have a problem with that? You seem angry.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

What like the fact one side of my face was caved in in an anti-trans attack? How the police threatened me with charges when I was the victim in this instance?. Then there is the sexual assaults, not only do the police insist its not a crime to molest transwomen, they also engage in it!. Some people just dont think we deserve human rights, and some of those people take advantage of authority to keep us from living a safe life.

There was a time when violence against us was legal here, they only changed the law in 2007 to remove what was known as "gay panic defense", which is still law in two other Australian states. There was a recent murder case in Queensland where this was used to allow the killers of a gay man to walk free.

Then there is the family violence, growing up with a TERF for a mother meant that as a young child I had it beaten into me that I was the worst sort of human being, beaten into me with a cricket bat--is that the kind of safe home environment you had as a young child?.

Shall we even go there with the discrimination?.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

You have no idea what I was doing in Palestine back in the 90's, dont make assumptions about anything.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Was that sarcasm at the end, or is this thread really just a brushfire?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Never mind, carry on

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What about "transphobic" gays? When are we going to treat them like the "bigots" they are?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join