It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Google says so on their home page!

International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia unfe.org...

The global movement for lesbian, gay, bi and trans (LGBT) equality encompasses millions of individuals, groups, organizations and campaigns all of whom are fighting for change in their own countries and communities.

To celebrate the International Day against Homophobia & Transphobia on 17 May 2016, we asked people to help us create a video that captures some of the strength and spirit that LGBT activists and allies bring to their work, and the sheer diversity of causes that help make up the movement globally. The result is a celebration of activism – and a reminder of why we fight.

Thanks to singer-songwriter Rachel Platten for lending her powerful “Fight Song” to serve as the soundtrack to this year’s video. Finally, special thanks to the many activists around the world who contributed time, energy and enthusiasm to the making of the video – and whose daily struggle against stigma and discrimination is the inspiration for this project. This fight song is dedicated to you!

"I don't really care if nobody else believes, 'cause I've got a lotta fight left in me" - is the last line.

Make no mistake - I'm straight as an arrow - but I have many friends and acquaintances who are not, and whom I respect a great deal, and I am appalled at the ignorance, judgment, condemnation, and hatred that is so rampant around this issue.

You don't have to be trans- anything or gay or lesbian or asexual or bi to appreciate that people are people. We all need love, belonging, a sense of purpose, security, and acceptance. All of us.
To a one.

Please, open your hearts if they are closed. Open your minds as well to the fluidity of the human condition. Be part of progress, not an irritating relic that reminds us all of horrible, dark days.

Any discussion would be appreciated, but out of respect for ALL members please do not be hateful.

(did a search, didn't see this posted already...)

edit on 5/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
In the words of Rodney King.

Can we all get along.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

This day was first celebrated in 2005 - and a lot of progress has been made! And the fight continues.

+64 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Who cares?

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499
Who cares?

Everyone should as hatred and racism (of any kind) affects us all whether they realize it or not, but you don't have to care if you don't want to haha

+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Don't they already have those pride parades?

+4 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
JIMC5499

I ALWAYS care about freedom and equality. You don't?

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Who cares?

Millions of LGBT people around the world who are systematically denied equal rights and freedoms - or worse - based on nothing but who they love, their gender or identity.

But let me guess, because that's not you, their rights and freedoms are meaningless and a waste of time?

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
Don't they already have those pride parades?

Yes, and your point is?
Do you believe that having a pride parade in London or New York is somehow an international recognition of Human rights for all?

+35 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
When is the day against heterophobia?

+3 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
A day to hate people who hate people.

Brilliant work, warriors. Brilliant.

+22 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I don't really care about where someone wants to stick it.

Whatever gets you off, is your business.

This endless barrage of like me, or your scared line is BS.

If I don't like gay people, I am a bigot, bully phobic etc...

People need to get gd grip.

Look at you all, falling into the division trap.

Baaaaaaah

And newsflash people, gay people are not really above top secret.

+21 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
What a joke! Keep your sex practices and attractions in the bedroom where they belong. What a double standard.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Don't be rude. Really? First thing out of the chute, you're rude?

a reply to: Mandroid7

edit on 5/17/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Who cares?

...people who measure stars

+6 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Really, people?

The words "insufferable bigot" keep coming to mind.

I even asked nicely to please keep it positive - and you just couldn't help yourselves. Amazing.

+12 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Isn't it violently ironic that on a site that is supposed to espouse ideals of freedom and liberty there are so many haters?

It's actually quite pathetic. I feel sorry for the old sots that can't even reel in the hate long enough to be happy for others that simply want to be treated as equals.

Although, I suppse that is how fear works.

+25 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Seems like that's been the theme every single day since Bruce/Caitlin Jenner's public debacle

Scumbags...

I'm all for gay rights, but it's so painfully obvious that TPTB want us consumed with these topics instead of standing up to their exploitative and dishonest mismanagement of our country

edit on 17-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Don't be rude. Really? First thing out of the chute, you're rude?

You don't get to dictate what other people are allowed to post in your thread.

Expressing an opinion is not rude.

How does having a special day in any way impact how people are treated? It's dumb. There's a day for EVERYTHING now. It's lost all meaning. It's dumb.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well, I agree - but then again, I'm a Bernie fan. It must make Mandroid's fuses blow every time he sees my posts.

Ugly Americans.

See, my secret motivation for this thread was not to provide some subject matter and positive world progress, but to piss off the insufferable bigots that have been squatting on this forum for some time now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join