It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth on racism and violent crimes in America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: introvert

Not having enough money isnt reason enough to violently attack someone.

True. It's a good thing that I did not specifically imply that.

Poverty is but one part of a much bigger picture.

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
I know attack anything but the information.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Vector99

I challenge YOU to find resources that challenge the scholarly article I posted and the conclusions they came to.

It's a paid article, sorry I won't spend $32 to see what they did.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Maybe this perspective of making excuses for crimes is part of the bigger problem?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I couldn't care less what a white nationalist thinks, so yes I am not going to address it.
Did you actually check any the info your self or did you just look at the page and assume there was zero bias?
Just found it ironic that you want to say you are tired of SJW's but then turn around and be the SJW against this war on white people.
Pretty ironic

edit on thFri, 13 May 2016 16:02:30 -0500America/Chicago520163080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: introvert

Introvert, have you ever been in what could be called the ghetto? I mean other than driving through it. I mean socializing with the people that live in such areas.

In asking that, you are attempting to create an anecdotal argument based on personal experience. While it is a valuable aspect that can be included in the broader scope of the debate, it's illogical and serves no purpose on an internet forum discussion.

It's a logical fallacy.

OMG did Hillary Clinton invade your ATS account?

Way to dodge a yes or no question.

I did not dodge the question. I answered it the way I want to and I recognize that you are trying to bait me in to a yes or no answer so you can take one of two routes.

If I say yes, you are going to ask me to describe my experiences, hoping to find a flaw in my experience to capitalize on or you will elaborate further upon my experience with the experiences of you own.

If I say no, you will simply tell us about how bad the ghetto is according to your own experiences.

Your goal, no matter what my answer is, is to illustrate how bad the people in the ghetto can be, the bad things they do, etc.

Either way, the question is irrelevant and relies on anecdotal logical fallacies to make a point, if any point can logically be made at all.

link   

I didn't have to pay anything to view the 31 page PDF. Besides, I didn't ask you to pick apart that article, just to find evidence that contradicts the conclusion they came to, since you seem so dead-set on the idea that they were wrong.

Here's another link to the article if you do wish to read any of it, but I would encourage you to do some research about generational poverty and how those circumstances are extremely important factors in determining how 'successful' someone can be once they reach adulthood
edit on 13-5-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

link   

Oh here we gooo...

watch this ill change the op so you have to actually address the information.

link   

Maybe this perspective of making excuses for crimes is part of the bigger problem?

I have not excused any crimes.

You're not being very logical. Seems more emotional, than anything else.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Oh here we gooo...

watch this ill change the op so you have to actually address the information.

Well, that seems pretty shady. You are already 5 pages in and you are going to change the OP?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

How about this, can you explain how he extrapolated the pie charts from the chart from the DoJ?
He sure as hell doesn't, I wonder if you could replicate it. Or are you just taking his word for it.

Also doesn't even bother to link to the DoJ stats, just takes a table from it, but I am sure that doesn't not bother you at all right...

edit on thFri, 13 May 2016 16:01:57 -0500America/Chicago520165780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Introvert, have you ever been in what could be called the ghetto? I mean other than driving through it. I mean socializing with the people that live in such areas.

In asking that, you are attempting to create an anecdotal argument based on personal experience. While it is a valuable aspect that can be included in the broader scope of the debate, it's illogical and serves no purpose on an internet forum discussion.

It's a logical fallacy.

OMG did Hillary Clinton invade your ATS account?

Way to dodge a yes or no question.

I did not dodge the question. I answered it the way I want to and I recognize that you are trying to bait me in to a yes or no answer so you can take one of two routes.

If I say yes, you are going to ask me to describe my experiences, hoping to find a flaw in my experience to capitalize on or you will elaborate further upon my experience with the experiences of you own.

If I say no, you will simply tell us about how bad the ghetto is according to your own experiences.

Your goal, no matter what my answer is, is to illustrate how bad the people in the ghetto can be, the bad things they do, etc.

Either way, the question is irrelevant and relies on anecdotal logical fallacies to make a point, if any point can logically be made at all.

That wasn't my aim at all, but nice of you to ASSume.

It was more a question to open a dialogue of what you may pr may have not experienced.

I lived in it for 6 years total before I moved. By no means would I say everyday was horrible, infact I would say the opposite. However, the mindset that exists and PERSISTS is where the issue is.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I didn't have to pay anything to view the 31 page PDF. Besides, I didn't ask you to pick apart that article, just to find evidence that contradicts the conclusion they came to, since you seem so dead-set on the idea that they were wrong.

Here's another link to the article if you do wish to read any of it, but I would encourage you to do some research about generational poverty and how those circumstances are extremely important factors in determining how 'successful' someone can be once they reach adulthood

Thanks! The original link you provided wanted me to pay $32 when I clicked on the PDF.

I'm interested in this honestly. I would like to see what the study consisted of, reading now.

*err no I'm not, that didn't link me to the PDF
edit on 13-5-2016 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It was more a question to open a dialogue of what you may pr may have not experienced.

Exactly as I said. Anecdotal.

I lived in it for 6 years total before I moved. By no means would I say everyday was horrible, infact I would say the opposite. However, the mindset that exists and PERSISTS is where the issue is.

Among a list of many, many other factors, sure.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Believe it or not i am repulsed by the unethical modern society and i feel like the world seriously lacks empathy and cohesion and it completely selfish and ego driven.

Not that I agree, but in my opinion, black people feel the same way about society as you do regardless if their reasoning is sound. It seems their race has decided to keep empathy and cohesion amongst their themselves, often for selfish, egotistical reasons. Now, the question is, are whites doing the same?

edit on 13-5-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If you say so.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

How about this, can you explain how he extrapolated the pie charts from the chart from the DoJ?
He sure as hell doesn't, I wonder if you could replicate it. Or are you just taking his word for it.

Also doesn't even bother to link to the DoJ stats, just takes a table from it, but I am sure that doesn't not bother you at all right...

OP Changed.

Now you have to deal with the data.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
When statistics are used to prove a point it usually shows that an agenda isn't supported and therefore, dismissed. Stats show that driving drunk causes crashes, so they keep that.
Stats show that when you let people use their 2nd amendment rights that crime goes down. ....that one is swept away. ....those are just two points that show that our country is running out of common sense and heading down a bad road. Our law makers ignore the people and work for the highest bidder, so we can't expect trickle down common sense.
People just need to respect each other, mind their own business. So even with the facts about who commits the most crimes you are a racist for using said facts and since now that you are a racist the facts are no longer facts. Sound about right?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Oh, good for you for posting other sources besides that of a white supremacist, although the ultra conservative National Review is of course biased but I see you posted a PDF from the DOJ so I got one question for you, what page of the PDF are your sourcing?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The data shows people commit crimes and that white people do it to white people and black people do it to black people more that black on white or white on black.

And all you did was post another source looking to explain what you want to hear from the national review and then a 135 page report that I know you didn't read but just linked.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join