It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth on racism and violent crimes in America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Why dont you provide the info?

link   
Are poor people poor because the system is out to get them.

or

Are poor people poor because they are lower in intelligence and/or work ethic then middle/upper class.

As much fun as reading the exceptions to the rule people will try to spin with a personal example. The fact that there are people that aren't that smart or that motivated are usually left out of the equation

link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: onequestion

I agree, but these statistics show that there are many potential variables involved in an issue such as this, that you did not explore or mention the OP, and it is therefore illogical and irresponsible to ask this:

Still think there isnt an anti white agenda or that white people are the racist ones

How can one come to any conclusion based on the minuscule amount of info you provided?

The only variable is their family input and care of self image.

They wanna be the thug and be the tough guy.

They choose their own life. I know this because I've witnessed it. The high school I went to was 90% black, yea that was a lot of fun.

I think this comment is indicative of the sort of thread the OP wanted to create on the issue, but tried to add some statistics to give it an air of legitimacy.

Sadly, we cannot look at this issue so childishly. We have to get the entire picture first and that requires more info.

It's the truth. I'm not making anything up. Ok I get it, it's subjective evidence. But it's 4 years of subjective evidence.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog

You know your link is talking about victim and not perps.

What gives?

Yes, I apologize and have edited the post to clarify.

Victimization rates, education, poverty rates, etc need to be looked at for the broad picture.

My point in that post was to highlight that white people only had a 5% higher victimization rate that blacks in urban areas. That's not indicative of a war on whites.
edit on 13-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It's common sense that if whites make up over 60% of the population and blacks make up 12% that the percentage of crimes against whites would be approximately 5x more—because there are 5x more whites in the population.

This doesn't have any bearing on any type of "racism" or an anti-white white agenda, but opportunism.

Anyone can be a racist: white, black, hispanic, etc. Just because a crime is committed that is not against one's own demographic doesn't automatically make it a racially motivated crime.

Also, there are many types of racism rooted in society that *don't* include violence.

Lastly, as far as why blacks seem to commit more violent crime than whites (percentage-wise), we have to look at socioeconomic factors, social history of the country, etc: poverty, jobs, laws, etc, over the course the last several decades, if not the past century.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What does that have to do with anything?

Are you trying to excuse violent attacks disproportionately against white people?

No. What I am saying is that you have to look at more variables than just the statistics you provided.

That should be easy to understand, right?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Same crap you post about muslims, its ok just man up and say it you dont like people that dont look like you.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You guys are still missing the last big part of the discussion. Yes, anyone can get out of poverty or a low economic location but...it's not easy and most people never do it. The reasons why are rooted in the studies of human psychology and sociology. Do some research and you'll see that escaping poverty when you're born into is very, very hard.

link   

You mean what reasons can we come up with besides people taking responsibility for their actions?

I think thats the main problem.

link   

No one forces people to live in "the ghetto" it's a choice.

Have you ever heard of "generational poverty"?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Why dont you provide the info?

No.

I'm not going to do the leg work because you want to be lazy in your own OP's.

If I do all the work, I'll create the OP. Otherwise, don't be offended if people consider your assertions and OP rather sloppy.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Actually im just sick of SJW bs and im sick of everyone pointing fingers at white people and Europeans.

We are one of the most generous countries on the planet and yes there are many racist white people.

But of course im a racist for asking questions or pointing things out.

I think questioning Syrian refugees NOT MUSLIMS is perfectly logical.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Then dont bring it up.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You mean what reasons can we come up with besides people taking responsibility for their actions?

I think thats the main problem.

That is a factor, yes. It's similar to you asking me to provide info for a topic you created.

Let me know when you learn to take responsibility for your own problems, and I will consider your opinion on the problems of others.

Deal?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Exactly how does that keep one from becoming successful? Seriously, tell me.

link   

Ahhhh, as usual when your argument cant or doesnt hold up resort to personal attacks right?

Sorry buddy you lose.

link   

a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Actually im just sick of SJW bs and im sick of everyone pointing fingers at white people and Europeans.

We are one of the most generous countries on the planet and yes there are many racist white people.

But of course im a racist for asking questions or pointing things out.

I think questioning Syrian refugees NOT MUSLIMS is perfectly logical.

But Gandhi and Martin Luther King Jr and Jesus and Mother Theresa and Dalai Lama were all social justice warriors. What's wrong with social justice warriors?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Oh god give me a break with that crap.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Exactly how does that keep one from becoming successful? Seriously, tell me.

It's human psychology and sociology. There have been hundreds of studies in history.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Oh god give me a break with that crap.

I know you're an intelligent person and I do like sparring with you on these threads. You know this, I respect the way you present your arguments. However, not in this case. Cut what Crap and what's wrong with real social justice warriors, of which I consider myself one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join