It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Napolitano: Mrs. Clinton’s folks are preparing for the worst.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

First, the FBI does not come calling upon her campaign or even upon her. The Department of Justice prosecutors will call upon her lawyers — and that has already been done, and Mrs. Clinton knows it. So her statements about the FBI not calling her or the campaign were profoundly misleading, and the FBI knows that.

Mrs. Clinton’s folks are preparing for the worst. They have leaked nonsense from “U.S. officials” that the feds have found no intent to commit espionage on the part of Mrs. Clinton. Too bad these officials — political appointees, no doubt — skipped or failed Criminal Law 101. The government need not prove intent for either espionage or for lying to federal agents.

And it prosecutes both crimes very vigorously.
A perfect legal storm

I've always thought Andrew Napolitano was one of the only sincere and trustworthy people in the media. He's also a legal expert. The above article literally sent shivers up my spine.

Here's a rundown of the key points:

-media announces five close advisers interviewed by the FBI in past days.
-FOIA request to determine if there was conspiracy to hide emails.
-FOIA and IC hinting at espionage investigation into her private server.
-Pagliano's emails 'disappear'.
-Russia has 20,000 of her emails they acquired by hacking, debate in the Kremlin about releasing.
-Guccifer admits he knows how the Russians accessed her private server.
-FBI announces an imminent Hillary interview.
-Hillary lies and says her lawyers haven't heard from prosecutors.

The article has the following tagline:

"Hillary email scandal is buffeting her from all directions"

Does anyone doubt the veracity of that statement?

Interesting side note (quoting a comment posted in the comment section for the article above):

It is worth repeating that there are several parallel processes on going with Mrs. Clinton; this article addresses two, FOIA malfeasance and . espionage, which are possibly interrelated. Another is a corruption probe of illegal monies flowing into the Clinton Foundation. Little is known about this investigation. But the main fact is that the standard for crimes, guilty or not guilty, is totally separate and apart from selection for President. The criteria is different. Is the Presidential candidate competent, and honest? If she was informed of the facts about a subordinate who did what is alleged, would she fire them, regardless of a conviction?

We voters can wait until November; there is time to learn more. How much time does the FBI/ DoJ/ DoState have? How much time does the Democratic Party have? How much time does Hillary's subordinates have, to possibly squeal, or face prison? How much time does Hillary have?

This is a disaster for every American.

edit on 12-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I think most people are just too afraid to really believe. I want to believe that there will be an honest investigation. I want to believe that she and the people surrounding her will face the same laws as the rest of us. There has just not been much to give us hope.

+24 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Add to your list above that Crooked Hillary has been telling everyone who will listen that the FBI is just doing a "Security Inquiry"...when FBI Director, Comey reported yesterday: "I don't even know what that means, a security inquiry. We do investigations here at the FBI".

Liar, Liar, Pantsuit on Fire!

+20 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The woman is running for POTUS.
At the very least, we need to hear something from her.... other than 'I am not a crook.'

We know, at the very least, that she was grossly negligent in her handling of classified materials. That is an established fact.

That isn't what we want running our country.

She should address this, in a real way, not the continued answer that she has done nothing wrong.

ETA:
The news media needs to be held accountable here too. They are letting her get away with this.
edit on b000000312016-05-12T07:51:26-05:0007America/ChicagoThu, 12 May 2016 07:51:26 -0500700000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...Pantsuit on Fire!

I wish.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

The bit about the Kremlin having 20K of her emails is a lie though.

Sourced via Sorcha Faal, so yeah.

But other than that, totally agree

~Tenth

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...Pantsuit on Fire!

I wish.

Over in Pakistan, they set women on fire for being an unsatisfactory wife.
They'd probably drop her in a volcano.

+19 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Over in Pakistan, they set women on fire for being an unsatisfactory wife.
They'd probably drop her in a volcano.

Poor volcano...

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

They should just set her gingerbread house on fire.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Judge is great. I hope he's right, I really do. But I have a feeling she's been given protection from higher authorities and won't face any consequences, as per the usual

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is Napolitano dream that's all. His wish that will never come true. Poor boy just has to run his mouth to remain relevant.
edit on 5122016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Judge is great. I hope he's right, I really do. But I have a feeling she's been given protection from higher authorities and won't face any consequences, as per the usual

It's also possible that what we have been led to believe on this issue is incorrect, and she didn't violate any laws. I'd love to see Hillary out of the race, but as we learned yesterday in another thread, many of the emails we think are classified and proof of her guilt, are anything but.

We will have to wait and see what happens, but I think many people will have egg on their face for putting the cart before the horse by the time this is all said and done.

+9 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
This is Napolitano dream that's all. His wish that will never come true. Poor boy just has to run his mouth to remain relevant.

Is it Vanity Fair's dream?

Vanity Fair: Is Hillary’s E-mail Nightmare About to Explode?

The evidence is mounting. Come to think of it, when Vanity Fair and Andrew Napolitano come to the same conclusion about something like this independently, that alone tells you there's a lot to it.
edit on 12-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

There is at least one error in that Vanity Fair piece. They didn't do their homework very well.

+21 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It's actually plausible.

Does The Kremlin Have Hillary Clinton’s Emails?
March 2015

According to Smoking Gun (which broke the story in 2013), when Guccifer breached Blumenthal’s account, he discovered Clinton’s email address [email protected]. When Guccifer supplied Russia’s RT, an official Kremlin media agency, with the Blumenthal emails, it’s a distinct possibility that he supplied the Clinton email address as well.

If not, Kremlin cyber-security would have been keenly interested and could have used the Guccifer emails as guides to find the Clinton email address on its own. If either had happened, the Kremlin would have had Mrs. Clinton private email address since 2013 – an account, which apparently has no special security protections. If the Kremlin penetrated Clinton’s email account, it would have the most complete record of her secretary of state correspondence outside of the Clinton inner circle.

There has been well-founded speculation that Russian intelligence was aware of [email protected] well before it became a story. And since the server was essentially wide-open to anyone with moderate "script-kiddie" capabilities, the probability that some information is in Kremlin hands is actually very high.

+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It's actually plausible.

Does The Kremlin Have Hillary Clinton’s Emails?
March 2015

According to Smoking Gun (which broke the story in 2013), when Guccifer breached Blumenthal’s account, he discovered Clinton’s email address [email protected]. When Guccifer supplied Russia’s RT, an official Kremlin media agency, with the Blumenthal emails, it’s a distinct possibility that he supplied the Clinton email address as well.

If not, Kremlin cyber-security would have been keenly interested and could have used the Guccifer emails as guides to find the Clinton email address on its own. If either had happened, the Kremlin would have had Mrs. Clinton private email address since 2013 – an account, which apparently has no special security protections. If the Kremlin penetrated Clinton’s email account, it would have the most complete record of her secretary of state correspondence outside of the Clinton inner circle.

There has been well-founded speculation that Russian intelligence was aware of [email protected] well before it became a story. And since the server was essentially wide-open to anyone with moderate "script-kiddie" capabilities, the probability that some information is in Kremlin hands is actually very high.

Yes.
It isn't outlandish to think that other countries may have the information too.
Hillary carried her private Blackberry with her in Beijing early on in her stint as SOSUS. Easily hacked, the Blackberry was linked to her private server.
Most IT people think that it would be silly to think that the Chinese didn't hack her Blackberry when she was there.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

"Mrs. Clinton’s folks are preparing for the worst"

2 days docked pay and must write an apology letter.

iTruthSeeker

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Add to your list above that Crooked Hillary has been telling everyone who will listen that the FBI is just doing a "Security Inquiry"...when FBI Director, Comey reported yesterday: "I don't even know what that means, a security inquiry. We do investigations here at the FBI".

Liar, Liar, Pantsuit on Fire!

Hey cut her some slack , she was under sniper fire you know.

+6 more 
posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
All I know is that if it were you or me, we would be in jail awaiting the outcome of the investigation.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

the server was essentially wide-open to anyone with moderate "script-kiddie" capabilities, the probability that some information is in Kremlin hands is actually very high

Not to mention, than you have to ask if that was done on purpose?

Leaving a wide open server with top security information would be a very clever sneaky method to sell espionage to foreign gov't without being directly tied to it.

You would think somebody at that level would be able to properly hire a qualified individual to setup her server . Then you have all the questions around her financial ties with foreign officials.

edit on 06531America/ChicagoThu, 12 May 2016 10:06:13 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join