It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Threatens to ‘Smash’ Woman’s Computer Over Trump Sticker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Throwing water *on someone* isn't free speech.

Protests are free speech.

But the protests I showed you were clearly examples of

Assault, violence, vandalism, etc,

And you defend them as protests ... which you say are free speech.

She protested his threat and you say that is not free speech all of a sudden.

Is your confusion because she is one person? Is it that one person cannot protest?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Double standards, you know...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I don't know how this incident will turn out, but my best guess would be that coming this summer and fall, the Universities will make rules to the effect that pro-Trump signs, T-Shirts, bumper stickers and buttons are hate speech and triggers and that the bearers will be expelled for inciting hate, violence and for intentional disregard for the feelings of others, i.e., precious snowflakes.

In all honesty, with the daily visuals of the collapse and break-up of the GOP, it looks to me like what we're seeing develop and at a much more rapid clip than I'd imagined, is a totalitarian, one-party State.

Its really quite amazing to watch!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Good the less low character individuals that come in contact with me the better. Give me a gd break on the false equivalency of getting hit with some water and getting 15k people on twitter to endorse attacking someone. While in the same room no less, that makes it an immediate threat.

edit on 6-5-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: reldra

Are you going to report every tweet with an instagram picture or youtube video like this? You are going to be posting for a very long time.

You and a few other Liberals are doing it. it's time to show your own political base is as bad, or worst than the conservatives and Republicans you demonize every chance you get...

I am? Really?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So, what happens if Trump does get to be president, what will happen to these kind of people that are triggered with little things? are they going out in the streets and push for a coup d' etat???? ah ah ah...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I am? Really?

Yes.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The left this, the right that..everybody should just STFU because everybody is equally guilty..if anyone cannot see that you're stupid or willfully blind. This whole cycle has been engineered to divide and conquer.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TheBulk

There are plenty of conservative blacks. Just because this guy is black, that doesn't mean he's a Sanders or a Hillary supporter. He could be with the conservative "Never Trump" crowd.

I'm not condoning what he did. I just don't see how we can assume that he's a liberal.

Exactly. Just because someone dislikes Trump does not mean they are "Liberal". I know a few people that think Trump is completely abhorrent, yet they are conservatives.

The problem is that people will use these sorts of cases against the Left because of it's confirmation bias value. It fits the propagandized version of what they believe a Leftist to be.

Quit ignorant, actually.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

It's interesting how you just dismiss the threatsof violence based on who she supports in politics. As if you think that's a valid reason to claim 'they're both wrong'.

Where is the nightly media drumbeat about how violent Democrats are? Instead it's the typical demonization of the right.

Really??? I didn't dismiss anything. Maybe you just can't read.

Ya, that's right. It's all demonization of the right. Can't find a single thing pointing to the Dems anywhere. A bit selective in what you see I guess. Sure helps with that choice to be a victim.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
The left this, the right that..everybody should just STFU because everybody is equally guilty..if anyone cannot see that you're stupid or willfully blind. This whole cycle has been engineered to divide and conquer.

I disagree. There is plenty of information out there for people to make informed decisions and come to logical conclusions. The problem is that most people become stupid when it comes to politics. Just like sports.

The stats and facts can show that their team completely sucks, but they still defend and root for them.

Again, it's a problem with the ignorant people, not the system or the cycle.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Right on, man, right on!

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I think this charade has just been going on tooooo long, an election should be announced and finished within 6 monthes.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You may want to pull-back your agreement because I believe you and many others are part of that problem.

Perhaps to a certain extent, so am I.
edit on 6-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
So by your logic it's OK that he commit the crime of assault but it's not OK for her to defend herself. That's intimidation and it is a crime.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to think that is what I said. Please show me where I say it's ok that he commit the crime of assault and not ok for her to defend herself.

Apparently you can't just read something for what it says. You have to twist it in reverse then cry about it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

When was the last time a group of conservatives trashed personal property, attacked innocent people, lit police cars on fire?

The left has a monopoly on violence right now.

Of course one dumb African American Gentleman isn't representative of the rest, but I have a feeling you've been trashing Trump supporters as violent after 2 people got punched.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Throwing water *on someone* isn't free speech.

Protests are free speech.

But the protests I showed you were clearly examples of

Assault, violence, vandalism, etc,

And you defend them as protests ... which you say are free speech.

She protested his threat and you say that is not free speech all of a sudden.

Is your confusion because she is one person? Is it that one person cannot protest?

I'll amend my previous comment: *non-violent* protests are free speech.

Now, stop deflecting, putting words in my mouth, and twisting everything around.

This is not an issue of protest, and this girl did not "protest his threat." That's a BS argument, unless you're semantically convoluting this with the definition of "protest."
edit on 6-5-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Exactly. Just because someone dislikes Trump does not mean they are "Liberal". I know a few people that think Trump is completely abhorrent, yet they are conservatives.

His own party doesn't want him.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I cant say anyone has the virtue of being right..it's all wrong..l/r it's all the same almost. The system has been so corrupted at this point. No candidate has the best interest of the public..it's all self interest.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

When was the last time a group of conservatives trashed personal property, attacked innocent people, lit police cars on fire?

The left has a monopoly on violence right now.

Honestly, I would not call those type people Political Left. Politics actually has a platform, a plan to implement.

There's genuine politics - - - and then there's opportunists, and people that think the world owes them something.

Same as on the Right. They have their idiots too, like the tow truck driver, abortion clinic bombers, etc.

I do not consider those type people doing anything for a Political reason. They're just loser idiots.

edit on 6-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join