It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I really have zero qualms about saying: "I hate Fundies"

If you think its OK to control and force people to live by your religious belief - - you are a Fundie.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Yes America is great I agree but for how much longer.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

You don't understand what you have there or how it applies to this situation...
edit on 11-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You come back from vacation and find your house has been burgled. Are you not the uninjured victim of a home robbery?

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

It's hard for them to understand.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

You are missing the point of why the word was being discussed. Windword doesn't get that the word Victim usually denotes bodily harm by the very definition of the word. He tried to feign ignorance of this fact and berated a poster about what a poster came in expecting to see. The word was not used once in the article or by the girl or her mother. Windword inserted the word for a reason.

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Apparently it is even harder for you. Have you misinterpreted any more laws today?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

would this make news if it was a Bernie sanders supporter that refused to help a Donald trump supporter?

posted on May, 13 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
that fact that america is becoming so danged polarized and the sides are so opposed to each other that people refusing to do their job and leaving their fellow citizens stranded in broken down cars because of stupid bumper stickers should be newsworthy, regardless of which side of the aisle they are on!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If it's his truck and his business, oh well. His loss.

Isn't he licensed by we the people?
Isn't 2 1/2 hours any 'loss'?
Laws are made for those with no ethics, of which conservative 'Xtians' seem to be missing!
So ignorant hicks like that need laws to tell them to behave nicely with their neighbors!
Especially since Ms Sanders supporter licenses his business!

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Do you really think Business Licenses are issued by "we the people" or that any of your money pays for a private business or it's license? How sad if you think that's how it works.
edit on 16-5-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Do you really think Business Licenses are issued by "we the people" or that any of your money pays for a private business or it's license? How sad if you think that's how it works.

All I heard you say is that my thoughts are sad, and that you belittle them/me.
You have not educated me, nor refuted anything I might have implied with my questions.
Actually, you have not added anything at all to this discussion!
When I run a business, dear, I need a license from the government.
I pay for it.
That is me!
I sign the checks!
Perhaps you have never had a business, so you wouldn't understand this.
Sad?
Whatever...
Thanks for playing! *__-

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Well are you gonna vote for Trump, our own people over here would say screw that, then here comes Obama telling us that leaving the EU is a bad idea, what has it got to do with that prick this is our country not yours so tell your leader to mind his own, why in the hell we suck up to you guys that make half the trouble in the world I do not know, you are a bunch of nosey old pricks that should stay out of EU affairs.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

Well, we live in a global economy, now days.

And, Trump will NEVER get my vote!

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
value human life.. politics later, religion after it .

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Saylesie17

Considering we run the global economy together (USA and the UK) I think your post is hilarious.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You need a license from the local level government that allows you to operate a place of business. Nobody else pays for that license but the business owner. No tax money goes to that business license. "We the people" do not license businesses. Don't be dense and it is sad that you think it works that way. This is basic stuff that any person would know.

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You need a license from the local level government that allows you to operate a place of business. Nobody else pays for that license but the business owner. No tax money goes to that business license. "We the people" do not license businesses.

And who, exactly, is the 'local government'?
We the people elect our local representatives just as well as on a national level.
Perhaps a bit less dysfunctional, but the THEORY is still the same!
As above...

Don't be dense and it is sad that you think it works that way. This is basic stuff that any person would know.

I don't think that actually qualifies as a philosophical/logical argument/refutal of any particular point.
And it certainly makes no point.
So.

Are you saying that you should have the right to transact business in a personally discriminatory fashion?
No 'blacks' allowed?
No 'Chinks'?
No Jews?
Are you one of those religious hypocrites who demand the right to follow your religion with acts of hate and persecution?
You are fighting a losing battle.
Humanity is evolving.

And "I" sign your business license!

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

What do you mean by "maybe people shouldn't have been forcing people to do stuff?"

posted on May, 19 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
a reply to: burgerbuddy

What do you mean by "maybe people shouldn't have been forcing people to do stuff?"

Most likely forcing them to do business with blacks, mexicans, jews, etc.

ETA: Hell it might be white people, I do business with a lot of black owned businesses, only one has ever refused me, and it was a barber, and he politely told me that no one in his shop was trained to cut straight hair. I thanked him, and found another place to get my hair cut.
edit on 5/19/2016 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36 >>

join