It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This sounds crazy but I don't know what happened.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm impressed you did that wall of text all on your phone.

The only thing operative here is that you are unfamiliar territory and haven't memorized the whole thing yet. That's perfectly natural to do in any new and complex environment. You needn't invoke something conspirational or paranormal to explain what happened. You are simply new to the area.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: cappy85

It could be that someone mowed down the sign with their car...(Ive done it before)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra
That's funny. I was thinking the same thing while I read the OP.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
That's funny. I was thinking the same thing while I read the OP.

We think alike

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I see two choices. Accept this as normal, and move on, or get a dash cam to record your drives.

I'm wondering if you didn't mistake which way you were driving, home or to work, when you saw this here and that there.

As for me, I'm no help. I'd get lost on a tread mill!

Good luck.

CF

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I wrote about something similar in [www.abovetopsecret.com...]The Shed 4[/url] a lot of which is true.

I also took a drive with friends while in high school. A friend had borrowed , I think his Uncle's covertible. There were 4 of us. One of which I see on a regular basis, the other 2 I talk to on facebook. Our plan was to drive to the water near Olcott, NY, where another friend's relative had a cabin. On the way, on a busy road , elevated from a shore, there was a HUGE house, looked like a castle. Turrets and a wall and everything. I pointed it out. Had never seen it before. I remember them commenting on it too.

I have looked for it since. It is gone. It is on no google map. The 3 friends I was with cannot remember this. You can't just HIDE a castle in Western NY. Nonetheless, it is gone.
edit on 4-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wow, what an experience. I bet you won't forget that day!

I don't know, I'm not so stubborn that I have to insist that it was something more than just memory, I know it doesn't feel that way. Like another poster said though, the only real choice I have is just to move on.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

One of my first jobs out of college was a consulting gig in a tiny town about 60 miles east of Houston. I never lived outside of an Urban area in my life so this was quite a new experience. There were only about 5 ways in and out of the entire town...but I managed to get lost every night driving back to the little house I was renting. I was used to street lights every ten feet and stop signs and neon burning bright...not crickets and porch lights.

One night, after a grueling 14 hour day, I was driving home about 11:00 pm, not another soul on the road...a bright flash of light came out of no where and repeatedly blinked in the sky. I was stone cold freaked out. I convinced myself that the light was a UFO and in my panic trying to drive away, I ended up in the next tiny town over from the one where I lived.

It took me two hours to get to my little rented house. I was scarred sh*)l($$.

The next day I took a chance and told one of my co-workers what had happened...I was sure she would freak out too. She laughed her tush off - the light was a "spinner" - they use them at oil refineries on top of the scaffolding when the release valves go off during the night. I was so Embarrassed. LOL!

That weekend I drove the entire area for hours learning every nook and cranny - all 200 yards of it!

Point being that mind plays funny tricks when you are alone and in a new environment.

Go drive around your next day off - you'll be fine!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I could be blindfolded dropped in my city and know where I was and navigate... but I dont know many road names. I know landmarks neighborhood features. Sure things come and go but its likely the building on the corner you need to turn at will not change for a very long time... so how about remembering that and those as a huge arrow instead of some random sign that takes more effort tan a huge building or house or whatever?

All even numbered roads run east and west all odd numbered roads run north and south these are obviously state and county roads as well as interstates... some of course might run counter but will then become triple digits meaning change any direction coming soon as a connector so knowing direction you need to travel in like from NW to SE means there is going to be a combination of odd and even roads to get in that diagonal direction, and knowing two rights or two consecutive lefts means back tracking the way one came or add a third and youll go in a circle.

Driving in such a manner one is never lost... even if youve no idea where you are or trying to be familiar with the area? Learn the landmarks, eventually you can ease back from the land marks and notice hey thats a cool place or mm wonder if they have good ice cream? Next thing you know... you could be dropped anywhere in your city or surrounding area and know right where you are.

Of course road trips? Its the journey not the destination so getting lost is sometimes the point to begin with, so a band was missed whos playing instead(pre ticket purchase bah humbug fan boys girls and thats ok) but without all that pre planning its adventure and fun arising in te most unexpected ways, of course unexpected things happen like a flat or whatever... well thats just part of the experience. Can you fix it yourself? Or have to swallow pride get some help? Or go broke paying for ones ignorance? Still part of the adventure

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

My girlfriend has that issue all the time, nothing strange happening. Us males just call it your typical Blonde Moments lol.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Turns out you're right. The roads changed after they missed there chance to swallow you up into the realm of loneliness.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Probably off topic but do you happen to be living in The Land of Enchantment, by any chance? While reading your OP, for some reason in my mind, I was picturing Albuquerque, NM. I used to live east of there and was always taking the old Route 66, which was a side road, instead of the freeway. I would end up on Central. Don't know why I'm asking, just curious, I guess. Even before you mentioned Central, I had a vivid image in my head of this location, but I realize I'm probably just trying to relate to your story.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite
Not New Mexico but I do live in the Southwest. How strange!

(post by Patriotsrevenge removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by BigBrotherDarkness removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ghost car. Check and see if there have been any terrible fatality accidents in the past. Maybe someone did at one point crash into the barrier, or the barrier was put there afterwards. The library sign was a foreshadowing hint letting you know that, at the time of this accident, the library sign was there. You could try to get ahold of someone who has worked at the library for a while and ask them if there ever was a sign with an arrow on that particular road, and if so, when?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I like this idea. I have spoken to people in small towns in southern NM and TX on road trips about any wicked haunts or scary taboo places I could pass through and check out. Not all small towns will have stuff, but some will. Some have spoken to irregularities such as the sign OP witnessed, and the possibilities mentioned in your assessment. Memorials that come and go, and the families have nothing to do with them and are startled and dumbfounded because a friend in town will comment on the memorial they swear they saw, and a local as station owner also saw. That was in TX along a stretch of 287 between Dallas and Amarillo. There are so many derelict structures abandoned on the sides of that stretch, I have only explored a handful.

I always hope I will find something trippy, but I usually just settle for local stories of haunts and spooks. I have started to believe that it is possible the only time people experience them, is because they are in some way connected or have a trait that enables contact/awareness of irregularities in the surrounding.

edit on 5/6/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
No...no
don't get too buried by the enigma of it....I had the same sector of stuff to go through......
and it's just reality, or better , God affecting your paradigm, or model......

i'm tellin ya.....and you agree with me....he he.....we get dealt with by our station in life. right now, my brother...i'm heavy into having to be strong and hangin tough ....yes I will

edit....I should add, reality let me through unaffected in the slightest bit......not even breathing hard.....when I died on the ramp at DFW....airport.....1 am Branniff International.....ya should have seen the tug and baggage cars all piled against a pylon.....40 feet down the way after a 747 unloader hit right where I was.....i'm tellin ya I was then standing three steps from where I was....not even interested, seemingly.....

edit on 6-5-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 6-5-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

ghost cars are a constant on I-95 mostly South bound and its the strangest thing... they will be hanging for miles and miles even seem like they may pass no exits turn arounds or anything check the rear view by the 5 second rule and poof g-o-n-e. Having driven the stretch of I-40 coast to coast well Wilm to Barstow, I can say the stretch between Wilmington and Raleigh is like a vortex no distance on I-40 seems longer of a drive than that hour fortyfive two hours... its nothing but 4 lanes and pine trees all looking exactly the same, and you can drive and drive 5 songs go by look at the clock and 3 minutes has passed and its like wtf will this stretch never end?

I was helping a friend move from charlotte to alabama and he started wigging out and swerving a bit at around georgia and I said what he said frog steering wheel I grabbed it really quick and threw it out the window apparently he was deathly afraid of frogs and we could have died... he also said he saw a ufo in a field hovering with a reddish orange light but didnt say anything because by that point of frog business id think hed have lost his damned mind... I was kinda dissapointed he didnt react to this ufo like the frog not like I could have grabbed that and tossed it out the window though.

<< 1   >>

join