It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Generally speaking, as we do not have this kind of "time travel" at the moment ... it would have to used by someone from another time or perhaps dimension ... logically.

And you know that "we don't have time travel" as a "fact" because you haven't seen a patent or someone in the military told you so? As if you would know about it...really...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Generally speaking, as we do not have this kind of "time travel" at the moment ... it would have to used by someone from another time or perhaps dimension ... logically.

And you know that "we don't have time travel" as a "fact" because you haven't seen a patent or someone in the military told you so? As if you would know about it...really...

Do you know about a patent for time travel? Are you saying you have evidence of time travel?

I'm not asking you to provide evidence, as this isn't the forum for that ... but your comment seems designed merely to deflect rather than make any positive contribution to the discussion about "The Mandela Effect."

Just a drive-by notation?

I made no claim about "patents for time travel" ... you're merely dancing with a scarecrow by implying that I did.
edit on 4-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Another Logical Fallacy argument. You realize your argument works both ways right? Considering how improbably time travel is, it must be discounted as an option unless it is proven to exist.

Wild claims require the burden of proof. It is not on anyone else to prove your wild claims for you.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So, the fact that we have known since the beginning of science and jurisprudence that perceptions (and memories) are suspect bringing this fact into discussions such as this is mere "NWO crap"?

For a while there your "jurisprudence" veered off course with "recovered sexual abuse memories" There was a time where people were imprisoned on the say so of the psychiatrists "suggested" memory to the child in looking for abuse.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

So, the fact that we have known since the beginning of science and jurisprudence that perceptions (and memories) are suspect bringing this fact into discussions such as this is mere "NWO crap"?

For a while there your "jurisprudence" veered off course with "recovered sexual abuse memories" There was a time where people were imprisoned on the say so of the psychiatrists "suggested" memory to the child in looking for abuse.

en.wikipedia.org...

"My" jurisprudence? Really?

Yes, the "recovered memory" phenomenon was horrific ... and why was that? Because so called "recovered memories" weren't being challenged because of a societal surge in irrationality (aka The Satanic Panic.)

If you bothered to review the material, you'd find that Dr. Elizabeth Loftus (links provided earlier) and her research has had a profound effect on such fallacious memory mistakes being accepted in a court of law.

Dr. Elizabeth Loftus - TED Talk - "How Reliable is Your Memory?"

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

Wrong, the title has always been Bettlejuice which was a point of discussion from the time the movie came out.

Source
Source

Retrospectively, McDowell was impressed at how many people made the connection between the film's title and the star Betelgeuse.[16] He added that the writers and producers had received a suggestion the sequel be named Sanduleak-69 202 after the former star of SN 1987A.

Some also argue that he may not have been permitted to write his name the way it should, much like he can't say his own name. However, it is just as likely that he cannot misspell his own name any more than a mispronunciation of it can summon him, a condition that compounds his curse since his name is not spelled phonetically. It is also worth noting that there are hints of a greater meaning in several of the names in the movie, since Betelgeuse means "the hand of Orion," and Betelgeuse's former master was named Juno, a character clearly named after the Queen of the Roman gods, protector and special councilor of the state.

Your charts don't prove what you think they do.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

when you say drive by...I had read the first 10 pages a few days ago and came back later...I didn't realize the standard had been set to some new high in this thread.

Generally speaking, as we do not have this kind of "time travel" at the moment

Come now, why play with words that I used when your words are sure starting to look like you want it stated as fact...

The best kept secret of WW2 was the Manhattan project and that was 70 years ago. You really think you would be privy to any experiments in time travel? Why is Occam's Razor you're fall back to position.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Hey great post. Memory and our brain is a fascinating subject. Everyone should read this, if not for the thread, but for their own education. I'm not sure where this thread is going, but it's good to see some actual accountable sources. I'm surprised everyone here has such a perfect memory, sometimes I'm so busy I can't even remember what I had for breakfast..

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko I'm still not seeing how that explains a recent satellite image?
ETA: Nm. I think I get it now...

edit on 4-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I have no evidence of time travel ... if this were a different forum I'd be glad to see your evidence, but, Skunk Works is not, per se, about actual evidence but about speculation.

I tend not to accept things as real that I have no evidence for. I'm funny that way.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: bk2025

Hey great post. Memory and our brain is a fascinating subject. Everyone should read this, if not for the thread, but for their own education. I'm not sure where this thread is going, but it's good to see some actual accountable sources. I'm surprised everyone here has such a perfect memory, sometimes I'm so busy I can't even remember what I had for breakfast..

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it.

Facts and reasonable supposition are still necessary even when we're considering the possibility of the fantastic.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 ok the milky sea is indeed bioluminescent bacteria. They have to be incredibly bright to be seen from 500 miles or so above. Pretty cool. Imagine how beautiful it would be to sail through that during the night.
ETA: Sorry all for being OT..I have more though so may attempt a new topic....
. ETA:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: Gryphon66 ok the milky sea is indeed bioluminescent bacteria. They have to be incredibly bright to be seen from 500 miles or so above. Pretty cool. Imagine how beautiful it would be to sail through that during the night.

What an excellent thought! I absolutely agree.

Does the fact that there is a concrete, mundane explanation for the phenomenon take away from your enjoyment of it?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66No way! This world is amazing!

I don't need wormholes, dimensional rifts or aliens to enjoy various phenomena

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

But now look at this spoof. It seems to be a merging of two realities. The video poster's title and description say "Depends" and so do the people in the comment section, and yet the video shows "Depend" and the "Madonna" voice also says "Depend."

www.youtube.com...

Inexplicable.

Check this out.
Google "Berenstein bears" and go to shopping tab. There's one "Berenstein" listing. But when you look at the image, it says Berenstain on the book itself.
edit on 4-5-2016 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
a reply to: Gryphon66No way! This world is amazing!

I don't need wormholes, dimensional rifts or aliens to enjoy various phenomena

I absolutely agree.

In fact, understanding only adds to my personal enjoyment.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It's a mathematical theorem that allows you to timetravel once understood. There never was a 'machine'.

It spreads through general conversation, especially in Hollywood, areas of Academia, and Religion(slowest). It seems to ignore Military a lot, but spreads internally(rofl).

Even Einstein saying backwards is not possible is sort of funny, he visited himself many times. Maybe he meant other people.

It's difficult to express, because people are so guarded, it sets the conversation up normally for the teacher to inevitability backstab themselves[with time]. Basically, yes, you would have some fun, but if you think you would 'forget' about the idea of helping yourself succeed with the new power, well, that's impossible. People teach to feel good about teaching, it's self gratification. By teaching someone, you become the new eye of observation they're running from itself also though. Finding it[the math] for your own is the power of one eye.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: imjack

It's a mathematical theorem that allows you to timetravel once understood. There never was a 'machine'.

It spreads through general conversation, especially in Hollywood, areas of Academia, and Religion(slowest). It seems to ignore Military a lot, but spreads internally(rofl).

Even Einstein saying backwards is not possible is sort of funny, he visited himself many times. Maybe he meant other people.

It's difficult to express, because people are so guarded, it sets the conversation up normally for the teacher to inevitability backstab themselves[with time]. Basically, yes, you would have some fun, but if you think you would 'forget' about the idea of helping yourself succeed with the new power, well, that's impossible. People teach to feel good about teaching, it's self gratification. By teaching someone, you become the new eye of observation they're running from itself also though. Finding it[the math] for your own is the power of one eye.

Fascinating idea, eh?

Just so I'm clear, you're stating for a fact that time travel (as in, moving backward in time) is achieved merely by understanding a mathematical theorem?

Any hint about that theorem itself? Have you accomplished this personally?

link   

but, Skunk Works is not, per se, about actual evidence but about speculation. I tend not to accept things as real that I have no evidence for. I'm funny that way.

You sure are funny when you state...pg 62

And when they aren't attacking one poster or another and trying to insult, intimidate or belittle anyone who dares to disagree with vapid, ridiculous, empty and REPETITIVE nonsense, those of us who have also experienced these events, who have admitted that we are also affected and confused by them, but who have rationally and reasonably considered the facts and realized that the problems are not with the universe, but with ourselves.

and yet on page 40 you disparage 1) religion and 2) those who hold a different position than your self

I'm actually a bit blown away at the moment ... I've always wondered how religions got started, and I believe we're witnessing the birth of one now (or at least, an aspect of one) in the "orthodoxy" that several members have attempted to maintain/reinforce here. This is no longer a "what if" kind of phenomenon ... it seems. It's utterly, utterly fascinating. I feel privileged to watch.

Seriously, condescension is the fruit of your "privilege"? You couldn't have wiki'ed "how religions get started"? gee....are you that transparent?
edit on 4-5-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: edit

link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

The saddest part is, that genuinely interested participants, and people who have experienced the ME & are concerned by that fact, have likely been dissuaded from adding their own comments, and possibly even dissuaded from reading the thread at all, considering the perpetual haranguing from the primary jerk involved, and a supporting cast of minor jerks.

We aren't saying that everyone with a different opinion is a jerk or minor jerk - but there are many, many examples of such littering this once great thread. People of all persuasion & opinion are of course welcome to join the discussion, and people both for & against the reality of the ME experience (not 'belief') have contributed finely to the thread. We are not against discussion & debate, only against the perpetual trolling & deception which, if not guarded against, can be persuasive in an emotional sense, with people getting all het up & pissed off because of the idiotic behaviour demonstrated by the trolls. It just gets so tiring to read the same old disinfo crap over & over. I've mentioned no names this time, but Offender #1 will doubtless respond, complaining that we're 'attacking' those who disagree with our 'cult beliefs', and not addressing the topic at hand (as if he actually is interested in it).

We can all read the script, and I hope we've managed to fit enough rebukes into the flow of the thread so that interested participants won't be conned into thinking there's some mutual agreement or conclusion that's been reached regarding alleged 'non-relevance' of the Mandela Effect. The effect is still fascinating, still deeply worrying to those who have experienced it, and still up for debate in this late, great thread. Please stick with it...

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join