It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: wrathofall
56 pages of comments that I'm not going through. Did anyone mention how drastically human anatomy has changed?

I did read 56 pages, no not yet

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AcerM

I mentioned it at least twice. Why is there no discussion about it ? Just for the fact that our heart is now in the middle of our chest, not to mention all the other clear physical changes.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
so how many people are officially on board with the berenstain bears thing ?

I think some scope would help

is it 50 ? 5,000 ? 500,000 ? 50,000,000 ?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gryph... uh.. .wait, you're saying Don Rickles is ALIVE?

I'm with ya on the "tying this to religion is a jump too far, but lay it out" front... but you are saying that now, here, that old insult comic is alive... I distinctly remember him dying a few years ago ...

add another one.

And to be clear, I'm still not off my fence, but if that's the case, that shook me almost as much as dilemna. I know memory is a mysterious, confabulating beast, but I've never been betrayed as I have been lately... it IS destabilizing as all heck.

eta: holy heck... he IS alive now... another Schrodinger Celebrity! I am now an even more devout relativist.

etax2: wasn't there a short story or twilight zone about little clues and facts being off that made someone realize the fact they are in a coma and dreaming their world...? Curse Descartes!

edit on 5/3/2016 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/3/2016 by Baddogma because: puntuation fix .. .to add to fluxing posts

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The human heart. It's news to me, like a lot of these items under scrutiny, the human heart placement is under question. What I was taught was the center of the heart is a bit off-center of the spine to the left. That's the reason we were told to place our right hands over our hearts, which we were told is a bit to the left of center, when we recited the Pledge of Allegiance. That was grilled into us as children.

Did it migrate and I didn't receive the memo?

Anatomical Study by Leonardo da Vinci

That drawing has the heart quite a bit to the left of the spine.

I can't say I've worked in a morgue and seen opened chests.

My mom bought the Encyclopedia Britannica when I was a child and I spent hours pouring over the see-through pages showing the different systems of the human body. I was mesmerized. I don't recall where the heart was placed in that particular book.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I am now an even more devout relativist.

Then you are the wisest one of us all.

A la RA Wilson's "maybe logic" that I once held so dear.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
so how many people are officially on board with the berenstain bears thing ?

I think some scope would help

is it 50 ? 5,000 ? 500,000 ? 50,000,000 ?

You mean who remembers it being e vs a?

I remember "Berenstein" Bears. So did my husband. It was a jolt of weirdness to see it the other way.

So put it at "2 and counting for e"

- AB

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: wrathofallyeah what is up with that? I just looked up about ten diagrams that show the heart in the middle of the chest.

Also the intestines look off to me. They're side by side and I thought they were stacked.

I am probably wrong but it seems off.
edit on 3-5-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

The human heart. It's news to me, like a lot of these items under scrutiny, the human heart placement is under question. What I was taught was the center of the heart is a bit off-center of the spine to the left. That's the reason we were told to place our right hands over our hearts, which we were told is a bit to the left of center, when we recited the Pledge of Allegiance. That was grilled into us as children.

Did it migrate and I didn't receive the memo?

Anatomical Study by Leonardo da Vinci

That drawing has the heart quite a bit to the left of the spine.

I can't say I've worked in a morgue and seen opened chests.

My mom bought the Encyclopedia Britannica when I was a child and I spent hours pouring over the see-through pages showing the different systems of the human body. I was mesmerized. I don't recall where the heart was placed in that particular book.

As far as I can tell ... the heart is where it has always been basically in the center of the chest tucked slightly under the left lung.

Some folks apparently remember it in a different place ...

Here's a cite from Gray's Anatomy (1918):

The heart is a hollow muscular organ of a somewhat conical form; it lies between the lungs in the middle mediastinum and is enclosed in the pericardium (Fig. 490). It is placed obliquely in the chest behind the body of the sternum and adjoining parts of the rib cartilages, and projects farther into the left than into the right half of the thoracic cavity, so that about one-third of it is situated on the right and two-thirds on the left of the median plane.

Gray's Anatomy (1918)

There's an image as well. Is this different than you remember?

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Maybe you remember Rodney Dangerfield dying and confused the two?

With famous people that we aren't huge fans of, it can get confusing. Not saying that's what it was, but heck, I'd forgotten Dangerfield died, so...???.

- AB

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I've read through this entire thread, and I don't think anyone has mentioned the Lindbergh Baby yet. This one isn't a spelling or geographical error.

In my memory the Lindbergh Baby was never found. Now, however, the baby was found dead a few weeks later and someone (Richard Hauptman) was charged, tried, convicted and executed for his death.

Since all of that occurred long before my birth, there's no reason for me to have learned that the baby was never found. It was often quoted as being one of those great unsolved mysteries. I read about it in two different books that were collections of unsolved crimes, and also watched an episode about it on Unsolved Mysteries about a decade ago.

Now the mystery is centered on whether Hauptman was actually guilty or not, instead of what happened to the baby.

Just wanted to put this in here for people reading the thread.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: wrathofall

Do you have a link to some illustration of this?

I remember the heart as centered, but the bulk of mass off slightly to the left of center ... easy to conflate unless a surgeon, but I need a visualization and my google fu is poor today.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I wish... but nope, Rickles ... thank gosh Dangerfield is still dead, heh! He IS, right?

I knew I picked the wrong decade to give up paint huffing! (uhm kidding .. .but this subject begs hard/horrid drugs either way!)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

R A Wilson is a huge favorite of mine and will likely be proven correct regarding being sure their really IS no "correct" ...heh.

So relativism it IS.

eta: well, maybe... heh

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

The heart is centered-ish under the breast bone. I learned this due to my son's heart surgery as an infant. They left the breastbone open in case they had to go back in, and just had a protective covering over it... (ETA they closed it after a few days...)

You FEEL it more on the left because of how the heart works.

Your heart is actually centered right in the middle of your chest, on your body's axis of symmetry. In a chest x-ray or MRI, you might see that the heart bulges or tilts slightly to the left, because those are the heart's strongest chambers. (The right ventricle only has to get blood into the lungs, which are just next door. The left ventricle is what pumps oxygenated blood into every other part of the body.) That's why you may feel your heartbeat more strongly on the left side than the right. But that doesn't mean your heart is on the left. That's where your left lung goes.

Anyway. I think it is just a common misnomer that the heart is fully on the left side and is sort of a cultural meme. There are people who have it "flipped" and the bulging part is on the right side incidentally. See - that would be more of a trip for me, if all of the sudden everyone said "no you put your hand on the RIGHT side of your chest 'over your heart' for the Pledge of Allegiance!'"

In other words, you are correct that you were taught that, but it was a mistake on the part of those teaching you rather than a shift in anatomy. Heck, my dad was actually taught that men have one less rib due to being descended from Adam in the Bible (Eve being made from Adam's rib, therefore he was missing one). I don't think he believed that as an adult, but someone "taught" him that at one point.

Men and women have slightly different skeletal forms, but the ribs add up to the same number...

peace,
AB
edit on 3-5-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I believe you! And Dangerfield is still in the Great Comedy Club in the Sky...

- AB

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Gray's has it pretty much centered in front of the spine.

This one doesn't bother me much but I do recall what I was taught as a child. Over and over. I don't have an X-ray or MRI of exactly how mine is placed.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Good post! Thanks!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Well, all I can say is he'd better stay there indefinitely!!

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Yeah seriously! - I fixed my post a minute ago.. He was a baby and they only left it open a few days. It totally freaked me out that they did that, but for day-old babies, its much easier on them and on the surgeon if he leaves it open. They obviously have to protect against infection. He was in the ICU for a few weeks...

- AB

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join