It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Weather Watch 2005

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Well everything has been pretty much normal here in the midwest. A little calm for this time of year, but Im not gripping. I was thinking this winter was going to be a mild one, but judging by the birds this morning, I am starting to worry. SO many birds of all different types...some I have never seen before, just going crazy. They are migrating I am sure, but I am not sure that I have ever seen them migrate this early or go so bonkers. I dont know what is causing it, but I am sure I will find out soon. The dogs in the neighborhood have been going bonkers the past couple of nights also. I am not sure if that means anything but I figured it was worth mentioning.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi there.

Today my husband and mother noticed unusual bugs on the ground in front of our place. Since I couldn't see them from my perspective in the car, I asked my mom what they looked like. She said, all kinds of strange looking ones...but my husband says they looked like gnats...lots of gnats but he didn't really know because he just saw them all attacking the car. So when we pulled up in the driveway he told us to stay in and he got the hose and started spraying. It was very hot today also so maybe that had something to do with it.

But yeah I've been feeling kinda wierd lately too and off balance, as if something is going to happen. I'm in California so I'm constantly checking out the USGS website.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Is it normal for you guys to have tornadoes in Britain? This is the second one this year to hit in the same area.

www.sky.com...

I don't really ever think of you guys being a tornado area, maybe I just haven't paid attention.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
thewrws nothing out of the ordinary hear, how can you say a heap of bugs flying into your car is an omen,??
you guys are just crazy

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Is it normal for you guys to have tornadoes in Britain? This is the second one this year to hit in the same area.

www.sky.com...

I don't really ever think of you guys being a tornado area, maybe I just haven't paid attention.

this might interest you. it surprised me.
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredH

www.sky.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, I have been checking Europe´s weather forecast for a while and have seen many - bad storms - coming from the US towards the UK: since a year or a year and a half ago.
Tropical D., Tropical Storms, Hurricanes? No, but I would bet those storms in Britain are the remains of major storms...
It happened to Spain not long ago. Remember the Hurricane, it started as usual but changed its path towards Spain... Of course, it run out of force and ended as a big, big storm (4 killed, heavy rain, floodings, etc.)...
And remember the Tornadoes. That was also completely unusual...

Where are the natural barriers that made this impossible in the past?
Isn´t the world weather changing?... Or has it changed already?

And I am afraid this is not the last - unusual - thing we will witness...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredH

www.sky.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, I have been checking Europe´s weather forecast for a while and have seen many - bad storms - coming from the US towards the UK...
Tropical D., Tropical Storms, Hurricanes? No, but I would bet those storms in Britain are what remain of major storms...
It happened to Spain not long ago. Remember the Hurricane, it started as usual but changed its path towards Spain... Of course, it run out of force and ended as a big, big storm (4 killed, heavy rain, floodings, etc.)...

And I am afraid this is not the last thing we will witness.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh my, Cape Cod is underwater..
Its real bad here, even the cranberry bogs are underwater! We need a state of emergency here

This is just too much and my jeeps back windows blew out!

Ohhhh

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

A severe hailstorm has flattened crops across a wide area of Western Australia's wheatbelt.
Hail pelted the wheatbelt for about an hour yesterday afternoon.
The storm was concentrated around Lake Grace but extended as far north as Kulin.
Farmers have reported paddocks within a radius of several kilometres being flattened, with crops destroyed and trees stripped of their leaves.
Lake Grace farmer Alan Marshall says it is the heaviest hail anyone can remember.
"It's just unbelievable - I've never seen the extent of hail that bad in my lifetime," he said.
There has also been rainfall of more than 60 millimetres, with one farmer reporting his dam was filled to overflowing in just 11 minutes.

Many drought affected areas of south east queensland are also experiencing heavy storms with massive amounts of rainfall.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Tornados are not "normal" in Britain. Sure, the experts say Britain has more tornados that the US in relation to its size. I don't know exactly what defines a tornado as a tornado but I can assure you all of one thing. Tonrados are not common in Britain.

I used to live about 3-4 miles from where these tornados hit, my mother still does. These events are not regular.

Look at it this way. Would a tornado that hit anywhere in the US that did such relatively little damage make national let alone international headlines? I doubt it. The only reason these are in the news is because they are so unusual.

I even remember, a couple of years before this. In an area 3-4 miles away from the area the tornados struck recently there was another, in Dudley. It lifted a few roof tiles and knocked over a decaying chimney breast belonging to one house. It again made the national news.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
In Italy yesterday, some places received more rain within three hours than they normally get for a whole year. Here is a picture of the Eurostar train (Bari Taranto). They managed to stop just in time...

external image
Photo: SCANPIX/AP - Source: Dagbladet: Her henger Eurostar-toget (in norwegian...)

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I totally agree with you, lev1978. Tornadoes are not common in the UK, as well as they are not common in Spain or in other countries in the centre of Europe.

Even though, I am afraid this will become common. You know, many of the strong storms we get in Europe nowadays come from the Atlantic and sometimes they are the remains of TD or hurricanes... As the global weather is worse and hurricanes and TD are also stronger, we will get very active remains and tornadoes... We will see.

Don´t stop checking the Super Storm of Wilma and Alpha merging and moving Northeast into the Atlantic and towards the UK...

At least, I hope that this time the weather forecast informs exactly of what is going on and expected, as they use to say it could be a strong storm but avoid stressing about the real importance... Last time it happened in Spain, I could see from the Satellite pics. that it was very strong and could cause Tornadoes and floodings. I thought the weather forecast would warn about the floodings and ask people to stay home, but they just said heavy rains were expected without explaining the real danger... And people died.

BTW, Hellmutt, excellent info and picture.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Talk about strange weather here in the Smokies ( East Tennessee and Western North Carolina ) We have as today recieved our first snowfall for this year. I have lived here all my life and never remember it coming this early. Above 4000 feet it is pouring down and causing some roads to be closed or requiring chains or four wheel drive. I hope this is not an early sign of what we have to look forward to this coming winter. I just stocked up my firewood supply just in case.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
www.news.com.au...

Lightning kills 106 cows
LIGHTNING storms have robbed several farmers of their livestock in a series of strikes that have rocked regional NSW.

I saw this on our local news the other night. One farmer lost 68 cows in one lightning strike. I'm slightly north of where this happened and I know we've been having amazing storms come through. I don't remember this sort of weather since maybe the late '70s. My brother-in-law is in the SES (volunteer State Emergency Service) and they have been run off their feet with responding to damaged homes etc.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here in South Central Kentucky we had a tornado Saturday morning around 4:30 a.m. Very odd for November. It's been hot and muggy since last week. But, the previous week was winter like conditions. Highs in the mid lower 40's and lows in the lower 30's. Then suddenly hot again. Amazing.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Crazy weather here also in NC, it was 90 degrees outside today with bright sunshine and I've been barefoot all day. I'll miss it when it's replaced by colder temps.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm waiting for Fall to come back here in Southwestern Virginia. We've had some days in the 70's, and nights haven't been what they should be. I was sweating out on the lake the other day with short sleaves on, the way it felt I should have went ahead and wore shorts.

It should be cool during the day and fairly cold at night. Tonight is a little more normal. Doesn't this throw the animal population off? Moths and bugs are flying around. Some years we've hopped right into Winter type temperatures at this time of the year.

Troy

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
recently a lot of strange weather patterns have reminded me of the movie "the day after tomorrow".... just from memory the seasons are different. more severe. more reactive. less spring and fall and more summer and winter. the days still vary in spring and fall but they don't seem to be as gentle... less of a transition state. IDK if anyone has noticed this in general....

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, we have been in the low 80's here in Missouri. OMG what the heck is going on? They say we are going to have a cold front move throught that will throw us back to normal 50's tomorow, but back in the 70's a day or two later. The weather man is baffeled. He says that there is a good chance it will be like this all.....well, would say winter here but the point is we most likely wont have one. This just feels so weird. I should be happy about the wonderful weather. Sunny, 70's and 80's........but.....I am starting to miss winter. This is Missouri for heavens sake! We are supposed to have cold weather now with chances of snow! Im sorry but this just cant be a good thing, right? Im trying not to panic, but for heavens sake everything is off. Bees and wasps are going crazy, lady bugs everywhere, even the animals are acting strange. UUGgg nothing good will come of this.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yeah, I was aggravated today by flies when I was cutting some grass. This time of year, why should I be swatting flies away from me?

We still kind of have seasons, but we have this crazy roller coaster/random weather thing going on. I haven't seen 90's in the Winter or anything, but it's just messed up.

Let's hope all this stuff settles and things normalize.

Troy

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join