It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LBGT Against Islamophobia ... o_O Yeah, seems legit.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Fundamentalist Christians generally hate gay people because they are gay.
Gay people generally hate fundamentalist Christians (if they can be arsed acknowledging them at all) because they hate gay people and oppose their very right to exist.
Not exactly two sides of the same coin.
edit on 15-4-2016 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2016 by ScepticScot because: Random word

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Bum ba bum, bum, bum.

Think that's the orifice in question regarding our Politicians.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Christianity on the other hand stopped killing people for being gay well more than 50 years ago

Bullsh*t........

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

"Christianity on the other hand stopped killing people for being gay well more than 50 years ago."

Well i was going to say 100 years or so but since Homosexuality was considered to be illegal right up until 1967(1980 in Scotland) in my own nation it seemed a little hypocritical.

We all need to stop killing one another not just the Muslim world im afraid. Like i said change requires time and understanding.
edit on 15-4-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

originally posted by: markosity1973
Christianity on the other hand stopped killing people for being gay well more than 50 years ago

Bullsh*t........

Well yes and no.....

Redniecks who call themselves Christians are more than guilty of committing hate crimes up to and including murder of gay people.

The general tone of the church though has been one of excommunication - ie just leave and never come back to this place.

So, yeah I'll agree with you on that one thinking about it from a different angle.

The point I was more making is that Sharia law which is the official 'church' or whatever you call it of Islam promotes and hands out death penalties to gay people like lollies and it is a core part of their every day faith.

Christianity, not so much church sanctioned death. It's more unenlightened idiots using the god book to erroneously justify and irrational hatred.

Oh and i get where you are coming from now - I retract my statement about you personally being a PC clown

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

In the 1930s and 40s a Christian nation rounded up homosexuals on trains, sent them to concentration camps and killed them.

Before they did it to the Jews.........
edit on 15-4-2016 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

In the 1930s and 40s a Christian nation rounded up homosexuality on trains, sent them to concentration camps and killed them.

Before they did it to the Jews.........

Hmmmm

The Nazi party was not Christian

Pell argued that Nazism and Stalinism were the "two great atheist movements of the last century." Dawkins responded that while Stalin was an atheist, Hitler was not. However, they both agreed that Hitler represented the "personification of social Darwinism" (Pell) or that certain of what he tried to achieve arose "out of Darwinian natural selection" (Dawkins).

www.abc.net.au...

This is getting a little off topic now

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The nation was made up of mostly Christians at the time.

Or did the nation suddenly turn Athiest?

Maybe it's Athiest we should fear?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
You do relies that gay people are not out to get you and the majority of Muslim people are really no different from anyone else?

This is the problem, they don't realize that, or they do realize it but they prefer to use this as a tool to express their random hatred and ignorance about fellow citizens.

The mentalities of these people are the same, they all have extremely Tribal minds where anything not like them is to be attacked. We find the same mentality in almost all of these ignorant people, when you find a homophobe you usually find a sexist, racist nationalist - and vice versa.

That's not because you need to be racist to be a homophobe, it's because this all usually comes down to people hating those who they deem "too different" to their "tribe".

The same mentality is seen in extremism of all kinds whether it's the nationalist, the racist, the religious extremist, the sexist, the homophobe, the political radical... they all reject and/or attack others for not being like them.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Germany in the 1930s was vast majority Christian.
German soldiers had 'Gott min uns' on their belt buckles.
Island does bring up a very good point that if Muslims are blamed for actions of Muslim government's then why not Christians?

edit on 15-4-2016 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The nation was made up of mostly Christians at the time.

Or did the nation suddenly turn Athiest?

Maybe it's Athiest we should fear?

And they for the most part did not know that Hitler was going to gas the gays, the jews, the disabled, the political prisoners and others when they voted him in.

I get what you are saying, but it is a simplistic view of it all. Hitler went round and had anyone opposed to him eliminated so that there was no voice of opposition any more. He used fear to keep the people in line with his goals.

The same can be said of the purist islamic nations - they use sharia law to maintain fear and submission of the people.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Trust me. I know.

Just pointing out that it is not an irrational fear of either Islam nor Chriatianity. There's a reason we DO fear them.

I think we are in agreement just from different angles. And no, not a PC clown here........

I think something needs to be made clear here...

It's not the religion I dislike, it's those who use their own religious beliefs to attempt to inflict their notions onto the society around them.

Right now, in many parts of the US, UK and Europe, that's NOT the Muslim's, that's Christianity.

A person can believe any bs they want to believe, that's not the problem. The problem comes when those believers start to preach and encourage violence against others, and when those of a religious opinion attempt to create laws attacking other free citizens in a state or nation.

Again, right now, in our countries, that's not the Muslims, that's the Christians.

I find it fascinating that so many are attacking Muslims over this belief, when they are not the ones passing laws in NC, Mississippi and other states trying to attack the rights of other free Americans.

People can believe what they want to believe, they can worship a purple Unicorn on Mars for all I care. The only problem I have with religious belief is when those who believe it try to use their faith as a fascist tool to control other free people and believe themselves to be of a superior position that they have the authority to do so.

As said, several times, that's happening right now in the US, and it's being led by fanatical Christians - NOT MUSLIMS.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I'm in agreement about Muslim nations.

Just pointing out that Christians don't have too far of a past with this also.......

And going by today's trends I really and truly am fearful in my country against Christians when their leaders are calling for our deaths......

Look at some Christian nations in Africa for instance. Death sentence sanctioned by the Christian governments........in 2016.......

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

The trick i imagine is to find some kind of middle ground and adopt a live and let live mentality over an overtly judgmental ideology.

How we get there on the other hand is a different matter altogether.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Fundamentalist Christians generally hate gay people because they are gay.
Gay people generally hate fundamentalist Christians (if they can be arsed acknowledging them at all) because they hate gay people and oppose their very right to exist.
Not exactly two sides of the same coin.

You seem to be losing your mind. Christ said love all, sin no more. Not kill those who are not like us. ANYBODY who takes a life because of a sin is violating our commandment to love one another as ourselves. BUT Islams says to do what to the infidels and we want to pretend the Christians have been the problem all along. The real problem has been the Cabal that wants to have each of us at our throats while they gain power, are running wild in the world, period.

Muslims who despise the extremist haters extraordinaire MUST do as the Christians did to the KKK who are extreme haters and find a way to make their mindset go away. KKK still exists but had been on life support for a long time. STOP HATE that is the key here.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

The minute Muslims begin making laws against me in the US I'll start fearing them instead. Mkay?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Here's the rub

Some say belonging to any religion in a mental disorder

There is no concrete science that indicates that any LGBTQ members are that way because of genetics. Therefore if it's not genetics, it's mental. Using science, to figure out the evolutionary factors, if there are any to LGBTQ members would somehow be homophobic. Using science to figure out the unknown would be evil and homophobic. Don't believe me, grab a clip board and try to sign up volunteers.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

Although these ideas originate and are enforced by their religious beliefs.

Um excuse me, but I don't need a book to tell me that there is something wrong with sticking your penis in an orifice that ejects the most vile substance on the face of the planet.

This might come as a shock to you, so I hope you're paying attention and let it really sink into that thick, dense skull of yours...

Not all Gay men enjoy anal intercourse.
Millions of heterosexual people do enjoy anal intercourse.
Neither is any of your business, you do not get a say in how other people use their orifices.

Typical knee jerk reaction. If you're finished with your rant, would you mind at least attempting to address my point?

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

As said, several times, that's happening right now in the US, and it's being led by fanatical Christians - NOT MUSLIMS.

Yes it is, but in the west we have courts and civil rights and boycotts.

In the Middle East we have no rights, just an unfair system based on a dusty old book written by a fraud. Said book says to kill us. So they do. Without even flinching. Then they party to celebrate the death of another infidel.

Christians in the West are a pain in the butt because they can be very uptight, but I live in one of these nations and at least I can walk down the street with my partner without fear of the religious police rounding me up and then ending my day being thrown off a roof top.

So, given the real world where christianity and islam exist, give me the devil i know any day over islam.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Oh, a Wordpress blog site, it must be real!

Actually, in this case it just might be. Just so you know, not all Muslims are terrorists or from Saudi Arabi/Iran.
edit on 15-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join