It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Group Claims Disney, Apple & Others ‘Declared Public War’ On Christianity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

How do the Conservative explain that Jesus welcomed a prostitute in his home?

Plenty of so called conservative politicians do the same thing, usually behind their wives back.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The governor says he wants Georgia to be a more welcoming state. This makes sense to me. It wouldn't be a very welcoming state if businesses such as restaurants could discriminate against gay tourists.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TaleDawn

How do the Conservative explain that Jesus welcomed a prostitute in his home?

Valid point there,although I would like to think Jesus wouldn't care for partisan politics.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Christians (I am one so this is my perspective) have no right to hate someone for being gay. I was always taught to "hate the sin but love the sinner" since by Christians beliefs we are all sinners I should hate all sin but love the people committing such sins. Another thing I would like to note is the Bible says Judge not lest he be judged. To me this means if I am judging someone else I am opening myself up to be judged. Christ himself said "Love one another as I have loved you." Christ didn't love conditionally he loved everyone equally. Finally I was taught that Christ is the only one who can judge me or anyone for that matter. So I think I will leave the judgement to him.

Personally I hear hate rhetoric from my own family at times and I remind them of some of these points quite regularly. I don't want to hear it. It's not my place to pass judgement on them it's my place to love them regardless of what they choose. I always tell my kids that nothing they can do will take away my love but that doesn't mean I will approve of their actions. If my kids were to kill someone I can love them all while hating what they did.

That's my two cents for what they are worth.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There is and has been for a long time a going war between modernity and religion…MOST RELIIGONS.

Of course we know about the savage jihadis, but even in Judaism the fundamentalists throw stones at woman with short dresses and even kill at times.

Hindu fundamentalists WILL KILLL YOU and they killed Gandhi.

So it’s no news that Christian fundamentalists are mad at modernists who support gays.

The Bible, they claim, their Holy Book, condemns it.

But my argument to them is this:

The Bible supports slavery. It is reasonable that these ancient scriptures would allow cultural modes like slavery because they were so ingrained in ancient societies.

But what humans have to do is learn to accept the reality that scriptures are not all eternal truths but have modifications due to cultural norms like slavery and anti-gay thought which overtime becomes anachronistic and no longer culturally accepted.

Also the bible supports polygamy.

So should Christians be allowed 4 or 5 wives?

Even God understands change, folks.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So basically these companies want to give rights to people?

It's not a war against Christianity, it's a war for the constitution, and those who oppose are declaring war against the constitution of the United States, and basic human rights.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
After reading the article and your opening post.I decided that there really
isn't anything new and I am moving on.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
It's funny you posted this because I was listening to the radio on the way in to the office this morning and there was an advertisement for persecution.com that caught my attention.

The theme was young people being afraid to state publicly that they believe in Jesus Christ because of the ridicule they would receive. In between testimonies of those that have been persecuted, there were little musical jingles with that same theme.

Seems to me that the Christian persecution complex has become as much a part of the religion as the deities they worship.

Being a victim makes people feel special. Everyone wants to feel special.

Being a victim makes them part of a group. Everyone wants to be included in a group.

Being a victim shifts the blame and conversation away from them.

We all know certain groups that always use the "victim" mentality, ATS is no stranger to them. I won't name names, but I'm sure in the geo-political landscape we know the players.

Why is it used?

It's EFFECTIVE. It negates any and all forms of criticism. If you criticize someone who is a cowering, shivering, victim -- you're a monster.

Be a better human being everyone. Don't take up the "victim complex".

Take your lumps, accept your responsibilities, stand for your principles and never apologize for your beliefs.

Making one's self into a victim in order to avoid answering hard questions or facing truths is a coward's refuge. It is a cowardly way to get what one wants at the expense of others.

Don't be a coward, don't be a victim.
edit on 31-3-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I wonder how many of these folk are using an Intel powered computer to create their diatribes.

If these folk are anti Intel then I challenge them to use AMD and Linux. In fact I will do that now. Do they have a facebook page?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The responses in this thread can serve as anecdotal evidence of the war on Christianity and to an extent ALL religion. This is a problem for me when people decide that the rights of the state override personal liberty. It is against my beliefs to FORCE interactions between people.

Yes, I get that you all think it is more important for society to tell people what is right and wrong, but the fact is it should remain an individual's choice to interact with someone.

I realize I won't be convincing anyone and trust me you won't be changing my mind. This is a personal liberty issue to me so it isn't something we are going to a agree on. Enjoy your Christian hating thread.
edit on 2016/3/31 by Metallicus because: eta

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
The libertarian wants Christians to be able to discriminate against people freely. Good show. I also can't believe you buy into that "war on Christians" tripe that they invented out of thin air just because society wants to handle laws secularly instead of with a Christian slant.
edit on 31-3-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

As a Christian who is against hatred and intolerance toward anyone, regardless of their faith, sexuality, or any other metric, I have to ask the following:

On whose behalf are you outraged? Are you telling me that despite all the horrible, venomous, disgusting and outrageous things you say you believe about your fellow man, every week right here on this website, you are a believer in Christ?

Because if that is the case, I have to call you out here. Either you would be lying, or simply misinformed about what Christianity means, what it actually is, if you believe that your conduct and Christ have anything to do with one another.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The responses in this thread can serve as anecdotal evidence of the war on Christianity and to an extent ALL religion.

Good to see someone is still beating on that tired old drum.

Belief in a deity is one thing-believing in putrid backwards doctrines is another. Sure the bible teaches us honest values but at the same time the puritans can point the fingers but are not willing to have the blame pointed at them for their misdeeds.

I am no angel and sure I am Hypocritical at times, but that does not rival the hypocrisy of many religious folk. Being homosexual is bad but molesting a ten year old Altar boy is not? That is warped logic in any language.

edit on 31-3-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ahem...........

"My right to violate others rights are being violated"

It's the crux of the argument. No matter how much evangelicals or libertarians attempt to deflect, rationalize, or sway away from it.

FOH

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Except when it comes to GUN CONTROL.

Nope.
You can keep your guns, you just don't have the right to own one if you're mentally ill, have a criminal record, or want to take them out in public like some kind of sexual deviant getting kicks out of flashing his gun fetish.

Except when it comes to Climate CONTROL.

Nope.
Climate control is an issue across the board. Liberals want everyone to have the right to life free from massive disasters brought about by the results of uncontrolled industry while conservatives (generally) seem to want unbridled greed to trump common sense (see what I did there?)

Except when it comes to Wall Street CONTROL.

Nope.
Liberals want the corporations out of government as much as everyone else does.
Funny though, that so many Conservatives who seem to be determined to "change things" in this regard are all too willing to elect a billionaire, and one who has absolutely no experience in any position of political office.

Except when it comes to Rich people CONTROL.

See above.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Enjoy your Christian hating thread.

Says the guy who regularly engages in Muslim hating threads.
Wait, what?
Religious belief doesn't mean EVERYONE in that group is the same?
But, it does if they're Muslim, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

As a Christian who is against hatred and intolerance toward anyone, regardless of their faith, sexuality, or any other metric, I have to ask the following:

On whose behalf are you outraged? Are you telling me that despite all the horrible, venomous, disgusting and outrageous things you say you believe about your fellow man, every week right here on this website, you are a believer in Christ?

Because if that is the case, I have to call you out here. Either you would be lying, or simply misinformed about what Christianity means, what it actually is, if you believe that your conduct and Christ have anything to do with one another.

No, I am not a Christian, but I don't like people being 'forced' to comply.

People have the right to serve who they want and people have a right to not frequent their business. I wouldn't refuse service to anyone, but other people are free to believe what they wish.

The only FAIR way to do this is to allow people to engage with each other when it is mutually agreed upon and not force interactions.

Anything else is Authoritarian BS.
edit on 2016/3/31 by Metallicus because: Readability Update

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
The libertarian wants Christians to be able to discriminate against people freely. Good show. I also can't believe you buy into that "war on Christians" tripe that they invented out of thin air just because society wants to handle laws secularly instead of with a Christian slant.

Yes, freedom isn't always pretty. People can and should be able to use their personal beliefs to not interact with whomever they wish.

Also, what is so great about your secular laws? I don't agree with any laws that aren't specifically against crimes against person or property.

I believe that Christians as a whole are being persecuted in the interest of not persecuting gays. The only fair way to settle this is to allow mutually agreed upon interactions. I know you don't like that, but it is the only way that no one is forced to do anything. I believe personal liberty trumps the rules of society or the state. It doesn't mean that I agree with discrimination, but I will not support state mandated interactions.

You may not like what I believe, but don't pretend not to understand my position. It is simple. People have a right to do what they want when they want to do it as long as it doesn't directly threaten the personal safety or property of other people. That is what I believe.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Since it is obvious that you can read and reply, why don't you go over to the threads you have recently authored and reply to the questions that have been asked of you there?

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
dp
edit on 31-3-2016 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join