It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The price of Trumps wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Which doesn't stop drug dealers with potato launchers from getting drugs int he US.

Nor does it stop a shovel and a whole lot of patience lol

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: whyamIhere
C'mon man he can't mean a physical wall.

Trump has said we don't need a wall the entire way.

When has he said that?

And if he did, I bet you there are 10 other videos of him saying he would build it the whole way.

That's kinda the problem right?

See it's funny, cause Conservatives make fun of Bernie Sanders for having Pie in the Sky policies like free education.

Well GOP, meet your 'pie in the sky issue'. A 2000 mile long border wall that Mexico will pay for.

It's so absurd to even contemplate, I don't even understand how some people can look at this financially and think it's a good idea.

~Tenth

Because financially, $10.5B is cheaper than paying benefits to an endless flow of illegals

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Quantum12

Which doesn't stop drug dealers with potato launchers from getting drugs int he US.

Nor does it stop a shovel and a whole lot of patience lol

~Tenth

Or around it.

This is a pipe dream.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The wall will not be physical, it will be a wall of facial and biometric screening machines. Go ahead and enter, we'll just know where and what you are doing at all times. If I've learned anything about government, its that they never want to fix or solve anything, only develop a method to control and contain it. For them, it breeds purpose, continuity and easily justifiable taxation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In a push to change that, Customs and Border Protection began scanning foreigners entering on foot at San Diego’s Otay Mesa port of entry. In February, it will start collecting the same information on foreigners walking into Mexico through the checkpoint.

The trial run, which lasts through June, will help determine if authorities expand screening to foreigners at all land crossings on the 1,954-mile border with Mexico. Authorities will look at the accuracy of the cameras.

"The real concern is not so much this particular pilot program, it is that this particular pilot program is a step towards a larger program," Geiger said. "Not just in ports of entry, but also in public places, mass transit systems throughout the domestic United States."

edit on 25-3-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Right on tothetenthpower...

*this fence won't stop us...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So how deep would the wall go underground to prevent tunneling underneath?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm not sure how this rounding up of 11 million illegals is going to work either. Going to make some grim viewing on the nightly news.Families being torn apart and put into the backs of deportation vans. Whose going to volunteer for that job, Infact I won't ask.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

The YouTube viedo said 5 feet.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
a reply to: amicktd

The YouTube viedo said 5 feet.

Lol, I'm done here. I see none of Trump's blind followers are here to explain this to us. Thanks for the info though.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Coming with with Trillion $ made up figures on poor arguments is not modest or sensible.

I made a modest estimate. What would be your estimate ? you could consult the construction union about pay rates, consult a mining company about the PPT (that's price per tonne) of the materials, the price and amount of fuel needed to transport the minerals, the cost of manufacturing...

That is why I called it a modest estimate. There is crunching the numbers and then there is unforeseen expenses which is why I considered the bare essentials and not included those variables- if I did then the price could be higher and more 'sensible'.
edit on 25-3-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Trump is an idiot. first he claim it would be 2 bil. Then 12 bil. It's est to be 20 bil. Then he claim mexico would pay for it. lol a 10k tunnel would stop its' effectiveness.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
FYI there is already a 20 foot high Angle Iron wall on the most heavily crossed areas of the border, so I don't think they need bricks... you should figure again your cost estimate 'Engineer'
This may help you:

en.wikipedia.org...

Good day
edit on 25-3-2016 by manuelram16 because: added link

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
FYI there is already a 20 foot high Angle Iron wall on the most heavily crossed areas of the border, so I don't think they need bricks... you should figure again your cost estimate 'Engineer'
This may help you:

en.wikipedia.org...

Good day

You aren't serious are you?

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Because financially, $10.5B is cheaper than paying benefits to an endless flow of illegals

But it would cost..probably 10 times that.

People forget he also wants to hire thousands of government employees to man the border, then you have the equipment required and the maintenance involved with keeping something that big, properly working.

Everybody whose done any kind of real math on this projects, knows the 10 billion dollar argument isn't real. It's just a talking point.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

If he follows Israels lead the wall will be constructed mainly of pre-cast tilt-panel concrete sections that will be purpose made to specific heights, thickness and necessary penetration points and interlock.

I read on here last week that his wall estimates range between 4 and 12 Billion.

$1200 a foot, I don't think so LOL. The libtards will want a non-lethal system which means basically a concrete wall with millions of sensors and a limited ability to prevent breach. You'd need both underground kinetics using TDR or echo recon systems plus above ground capacitive sensing systems, external and internal barrier proximity systems, and possibly planar field 2d/3d bit mapping systems as well as 200 yard IR system. The sensory system would have to be capable of resolving activity at a minimum of 100 to 200 yards. A good system but not much of a deterrent since it relies on the timing and ability of reaction teams. So a wall with a sensor system plus reaction team only could be quickly overwhelmed by a mass influx.

Lethal and/or high voltage stun systems offer real deterrents and using ratiometric analysis of the hot lines can resolve intruder location to 1 foot when coupled with TDR or echo recon systems. If you add an audio system (we can see you) it reduces the chance of intrusion by an additional 75% because the target knows you're onto them.

4-12 billion, I think Trumps numbers are way off if he said that.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/25.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Maybe Trump will start funding the Air force to stop immigrants from going over his wall,Or maybe he will start funding the Navy to stop immigrants going around the Wall. Or maybe Trump is given a dunce hat and told to sit in the corner while the grown ups talk.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Besides, Israel's longest border is like..310 miles.

Not the 1900+ the US/Mexico border is.

Funny how they ask us not to talk about other countries when comparing US to stuff like math and science scores, or healthcare, but hey, if any of them built a wall that kept people out, surely we can too?!

Hilarious.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Maybe Trump will start funding the Air force to stop immigrants from going over his wall,Or maybe he will start funding the Navy to stop immigrants going around the Wall

Which would be illegal, since US forces can't actually be used to protect the borders...

Or maybe Trump is given a dunce hat and told to sit in the corner while the grown ups talk.

That would be the only viable solution

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Maybe he will just fix his hair...

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
How about a wall made of 24/7 drone patrol ? Some drones with night vision some with Ground-penetrating radar and some with weapons ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join