It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WURST CASE SCENARIO: German Schools Pulling PORK From Menu To Placate Muslim Immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Didn't Voltaire say something like. . .

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

Simply change "criticize" to "offend".

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well if the Muslims don't eat the precious pork, there is more pork products for the rest of you. The problem is?

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Just what I was thinking...

Though it is a tad bit more complisticated then that...

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Halal meat should be banned. Religious slaughtering done to untainted animals is extremely brutal and slow death.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Well if the Muslims don't eat the precious pork, there is more pork products for the rest of you. The problem is?

You would think that until you realize that no one gets to be offered all that tasty, tasty pork. And if no one is offered the pork, that means no one is buying the pork, and if no one is buying the pork, then the pork farmer pretty soon stops raising it. And if no one raises it ... then you you have a situation similar to what I encounter here in the states when I want to have some lamb.

It's a b**** to find a reliable source, and when you do, it's expensive like you wouldn't believe.

On the bright side for Germans ... they will soon have plenty of access to all the goat and lamb they want.
edit on 5-3-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

If Muslims in most other Western countries eat what they want,and ignore what they don't want,why can German Muslims not just do the same?

aaaahh idk even anymore..just Wow

That's exactly what I want to know. If you don't want it, don't eat it. My take is it's more than food. It starts with something as arbitrary as food then permeates to other realms of the culture which relates to it's identity. In a few decades there won't be recognizable German or Swedish cultures, they will become new Muslim countries of Sweden and Germany.

link   

Problem seems to be that there is only one point of view when making these decisions. They do not ask German people do they want pork be off the menu and without consulting them make a decision which is quite opposite of the public opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I am against 'banning' almost anything. Laws are already there to handle the rest.

(post by woodwardjnr removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Laws are not the same always.. laws tend to change over the years. What is allowed today is not allowed "tomorrow". There is a war going on which many do not even see .. war against free speech. Erdogan The Dictator of Turkey has just took over yesterday a newspaper which criticized Erdogan, with plastic bullets and tear gas. Turkish court on Friday gave government authority over Zaman newspaper and appoint new management which is expected to change editorial line of the newspaper.
Same war is going on in all European countries too.. it is sad but eventually there is no value in independent and free speech in this continent.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: LostThePlot
Similar thing happened here in England at some Subway branches.They removed bacon because it offended the Muslims.

Thems fightin words son. Blass-fee-mee.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I agree with your premise, but realized that was a topic for another thread. Laws are also not needed most of the time. My point is people supporting 'banning' of anything are simply taking away choices from other people and reducing liberty. I find the reduction of liberty anywhere to be offensive.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Muslims are and were a large part of Germans public.

If Muslims "were" a large part of "Germans public", why are they only doing this now? As the sources allude too, it seems a response to the current refugee influx. Pork is part of the German national identity. Shouldn't the Muslims as newcomers assimilate to the German culture instead of the other way around? But I'm sure Muslim countries would be just as accommodating.

My guess is its not true, you posted 2 blogs that arent even german, but hey dont let me burst your bubble, educate yourself at how many muslim live in germany and when did they started moving to germany, stop posting obscure blogs and show your fake outrage.

When did they start moving to Germany? You are kidding, right? The refugee stories for like the last year or so? Time to get out of mom's basement and get a dose of reality. Since you don't like the sources and you are obviously too lazy to do your own research, I did it for you. Here's a translated German article.

"The protection of minorities - including for religious reasons - must not mean that the majority is overruled in their free decision by ill-conceived consideration," Günther said, arguing that tolerance also means "the appreciation and sufferance of other food cultures and lifestyles."
www.dw.com...

Germany has had muslim immigration from turkey for about 40 years, thats why i said educate yourself, you wont look so silly.

Difference is, the majority of Turks immigrated to Germany during the '60s and '70s and assimilated to the German culture. The new wave of Syrian immigrants are not assimilating and expect a "Neuland" i.e. a Muslim only state. Educate yourself, Skippy.

"A "Neuland" on German soil is precisely what millions of refugees now long for -- and expect -- based on the chancellor's remarks".
"The German constitution guarantees the right to asylum. Yet, that guarantee is clearly meant for individuals or groups that are persecuted within their national, ethnic or tribal societies. It was certainly never meant to be applied to such a large outpouring at once as we see today. What term would one use to describe the displacement of an entire nation? This, too, is new territory. It thus comes as no surprise that the German minister of the interior is considering amending the constitution to clarify this point".
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Halal is very opposite of what we europeans consider humane.

Facing fury...Denmark bans Halal and Kosher meat as 'animal rights come before religion'

DENMARK has provoked the fury of Muslim and Jewish groups by banning Halal and Kosher slaughter on animal rights grounds.

LINK

We don´t need to agree on Halal meat, that meat can always be imported for those who need to apply for it from the countries which are doing it anyway.. But we should not allow Halal slaughtering in Europe.. it is brutal.
edit on 5-3-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yes.Maybe when their beerfests start being cancelled because it offends Muslims-then the German people will say Enough.Because that's coming,or at least attempts to.Mark my words.Maybe they only wake up when the German FLAG is deemed offensive,and its replaced with one in a lovely shade of green with a cute little crescent.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
"And what about refusing to eat certain types of food? Clearly that’s not against the law, but is it a German value to eat whatever type of food is offered you, regardless of your beliefs? Let’s ask the Jewish population of Germany whether they are failing to accept German values by not eating pork or shrimp. It would also be a good question to pose to the four percent of Germans who are vegetarians".
www.thelocal.de...

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The PROBLEM is that pork products are a huge part of Gernan culture.Muslims can simply choose to not eat it.But apparently that is not enough.It has to be made unavailable to Germans in schools in their Own country-and that is BULL#!!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I hate how the pizza in my area is terrible because they are mainly Muslim owned and only use that disgusting beef pepperoni.
It really sucks to have a food you really love and enjoy taken away to make sure someone who wasn't even going to eat it in the first place not get offended.
Why not just not eat the damn pork as it leaves more for the rest of us!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slickinfinity
I hate how the pizza in my area is terrible because they are mainly Muslim owned and only use that disgusting beef pepperoni.
It really sucks to have a food you really love and enjoy taken away to make sure someone who wasn't even going to eat it in the first place not get offended.
Why not just not eat the damn pork as it leaves more for the rest of us!!!

Boy, that is a mighty racist diatribe. That being said, I wholeheartedly agree.

posted on Mar, 5 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

But apparently that is not enough.It has to be made unavailable to Germans in schools in their Own country-and that is BULL#!!

Yeah.
Except, that's not the case. Or are you saying that establishments do not have the right to choose what to serve? A delicatessen must have pork on the menu in Germany? That is what the issue actually is, you know. There is a proposal before the German government that pork must be on the menu. A proposal from the CDU. (My guess would be that it is from the pig farmers).
edit on 3/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join