It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flint Residents Told That Their Children Could Be Taken Away If...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

While I agree that the crisis in Flint is not only horrible and an unreal situation in this day and age, no one is "forced" to live there as the quoted material in the OP states.

They can move...And I doubt Michigan will be taking anyone's children away because they refuse to pay for poisonous water. Seems like fear mongering and BSto me...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

This claim is false..

www.snopes.com...

It seems to have come from a Flint resident speaking to RT, they were speculating that children could be taken from their parents.

Check the link above

Thank you. I thought as much.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

edit on 27-1-2016 by jacygirl because: nm

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

People within the government need to be held responsible. If someone dies from this polluted water than this is manslaughter, possibly murder because the city changed its water supplier at the last minute for no good reason... now all we need to know is the facts as to why? The answer is greed........money.

There are politicians in Flint, Michigan who need to be held responsible and getting fired is not payment for these crimes.

Fine. One thing though. How about we make the Federal, State and Local Environmental Agencies provide proof of why they set the chemical levels where they are currently.

These levels are a joke. Our 3D printer uses a liquid bath to remove the support structure needed to make some parts. The liquid is Water with Sodium Hydroxide. The support structure is Corn Starch based. We have had to buy a 55 gallon drum, a 10 gallon transport drum, a pump, and a catch basin for the 55 gallon drum in case it leaks. when the 55 gallon drum is full we have to have a Chemical Waste disposal company come, empty the drum and process the chemicals. This costs about $1000 per drum. Ok, I could understand this if this was a hazardous chemical.

Sodium Hydroxide is the main chemical in drain cleaner. If I were to make gravy, put too much Corn Starch in it when I thickened it, dumped it down the drain, clogged the drain and used Draino to clear the drain, I would have put three times the amount of the same chemicals in to the sewer, than if I just dumped the 55 gallon drum down the drain.

Before you start arresting people, remember that it works both ways. Some of these chemical levels are set so low because lobbyists for trial lawyers, chemical disposal companies and environmental nuts want them that way. Again it is all about the MONEY. The lead paint scare was promoted by Trial Lawyers, so was the asbestos scam. Google Garlock if you don't believe me.

I have no problem with prosecuting people, but, make sure what they are prosecuting them for.

I agree 100%.

Enough innocent people have already suffered. Lets make sure the best we can.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Detroit seems to avoid any responsibility for this mess. After they found out flint was going to switch water suppliers in 2016, they terminated flints contact after a year leaving them with the river as a water supply.
Detroit missed out on two years of revenue.
Everything went fubar from there.

I was wondering about the water. Obviously you can't consume the water, but can they shower and do dishes without poisoning themselves?
Does lead stick to you and get absorbed?
The only lead poisoning I know of has been taken orally like eating old paint chips. I've never heard of plumbers or auto body workers that used lead in their jobs being poisoned.

Lead can flake off into tiny dust particles. These particles get on clothes, hands, food and water. That's why water pipes were replaced as well as roofing materials.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
Go back to sleep America.

Oh the irony...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

if this story is true, then basically they are saying "Pay to drink your poison or we will take away your children for neglecting to give them the poison for De-population control.(Yes, I went there.) So drink your poison while being nice tax paying citizens. In other words, you will drink this or we will force it down your throats."

Sorry, just calling it for what it seems to be, Something smells rotten, that's for sure...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How big can a water bill be if you don't use the water?

*Edit....

If there's ONE thing this country needs more than anything right now, it's a massive infrastructure upgrade. The work laid in the 50's when the boys came home is all too often overlooked as a catalyst for the amazing growth we experienced during that period.
edit on 27-1-2016 by Tempter because: additional comment

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Puts those militia men out west in a whole new light?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
How big can a water bill be if you don't use the water?

*Edit....

If there's ONE thing this country needs more than anything right now, it's a massive infrastructure upgrade. The work laid in the 50's when the boys came home is all too often overlooked as a catalyst for the amazing growth we experienced during that period.

These problems should have been faced long ago and new pipe laid bit by bit over the years. Instead more chemicals were added to the water......to seal the pipes....LOOOOOOLLLLOOOLOO.

The water money was spent on other thing over the years. Now they are broke.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Apparently the laws are already in place to remove children from homes without running water.

Bill doesn't get paid. Water is shut off. Authorities step in.

The framework exists. I'm betting the threat has been made.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I have seldom heard of something so outrageous, this situation beggars belief..those poor people, i mean What the Absolute F$@k???????

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Before 2014 Flint did not have a water problem. Whoever gave the permission to switch to save money to a known polluted river should go to prison. Now it is everyone's problem and expense, which may have been the plan all along. And the state has a $600million surplus. Hope the rich in Michigan enjoy it.

"Flint's state of emergency -- declared at municipal and state levels -- began years ago when the city suffered a financial emergency. The state took over the city's budget and decided to temporarily switch Flint's water source from Lake Huron to the Flint River as a cost-saving measure until a new supply line to Lake Huron was ready.

The river, however, was long-known as befouled. Locals call it the "General Motors' sewer."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Home values are so low they probably can't. Median home value is about $19,000. And that was before this disaster.

www.zillow.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Well the biggest issue here is that not a private company messed up but actual state officials who enjoy a legal protection doctrine called sovereign immunity.

Now the good thing is that some lawyers filed lawsuits against certain state employees and private companies which are on the government payroll including a state assigned emergency crisis manager from the private sector.

This might not help the residents in the short run but at least people are being held accountable.

Most people don't know but we facing a very similar situation here in Southern California with the massive natural Gas Leak near Porter Ranch / L.A. County - that has been going on since October with no solution in sight.

We can smell that rotten egg taste sometimes all the way down here in the OC's if the wind is right... disgusting.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Home values are so low they probably can't. Median home value is about $19,000. And that was before this disaster.

www.zillow.com...

Um, your link says median home values (actual sale price) are $31k...not $19k.

edit on 28-1-2016 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

It's very odd, it says that on the left, but when you look at the actual chart, the most recent data available on the chart is in the 19k range in early 2015. Even if we go with $31k ... where are you moving to with $31k?
edit on 28-1-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Not many places I bet.

But you'll have your kids with you at least (The OP story is still bunk).

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

the thing is here in flint mi if your home is not valued at like 30,000 or more it is next to impossible to get ins on a house..unfortunately in the city of flint there are very very few that would even be worth that..

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

its more like a 10,000 median home value..just sold a move in ready house in flint 2 city lots 2 bdrm 2 car garage full basement and got 9800...i only paid 8700 for it 3 years ago so id have to say the the house market in flint is screwed

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join