It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flint Residents Told That Their Children Could Be Taken Away If...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: eXia7
Go back to sleep America.

You are free to do as we tell you!

Exactly. This incident needs to have every city in the country scurrying to demand monthly print-outs of chemicals levels in the public water. But no, apathy is normal around here.

If this were a privatized water management company, heads would roll for sure. Where I'm from, the city next to us has a privatized water management company that is non profit, and all funds collected from the water management company go directly back into updating and maintaining infrastructure.

Come to my city, where the water is managed by the county, and you can expect sub par service. It took them over a year to relocate my meter outside of a fence I built so they could read it better. They kept overcharging me for water in some instances because they "couldn't read the meter". So I finally snapped on them and told them to stop guessing how much water I was using, and actually fix the f*in problem.

Sounds like classic negligence by city officials to me.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I've heard there are certain foods you can eat that will help flush the lead out of the body. May not necessarily remove the effects of the exposure, but can help reduce the levels over time. Celery is one such food item.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

My sister had a house burn to the ground while she was visiting me for a couple weeks. Hoodlums ransacked the rural house then torched it. The insurance company made her have to rebuild on same site. This was okay with her though. She has a gorgeous 45 acres in the Midwest.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrion

Maybe due to celerys high water content?

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrion

Anyway we can make that happen?

Most municipalities have "city counsel meetings" where the public is invited to speak and voice problems. That might be a good place to start.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
www.msn.com...

This link's title: Millions of Americans May Be Drinking Poisoned Water

It goes beyond Flint.

jacy

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Those LEAD pipes have been there for years. When Flint was getting it's water from Detroit there was no problem with the LEAD then. It was only after Flint started pumping river water that the LEAD appeared at dangerous levels. The processing system in Flint didn't correct for the PH of the water from the Flint River. When the water was tested at the processing station it was within limits, it was only after the acidic water reacted with the LEAD in the pipes was there a problem.

Adjusting the PH of the water and flushing the system to remove the contaminated water should resolve the problem. No more LEAD will be leeched from the pipes and the contaminated water will be gone.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Exactly. This incident needs to have every city in the country scurrying to demand monthly print-outs of chemicals levels in the public water. But no, apathy is normal around here.

The apathy perhaps is yours. You can go online anytime for your local water supplier and view their water quality report. Haven’t you done that before? At least look for the report before you assume one does not exist.

Here is a Water Quality Report for Detroit.

Here is one for Flint.
I noticed they left out the amount of lead contamination but do have offers for free water filters and installations to Flint residents.
edit on 1/27/2016 by Devino because: added links

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: schadenfreude

People within the government need to be held responsible. If someone dies from this polluted water than this is manslaughter, possibly murder because the city changed its water supplier at the last minute for no good reason... now all we need to know is the facts as to why? The answer is greed........money.

There are politicians in Flint, Michigan who need to be held responsible and getting fired is not payment for these crimes.

Fine. One thing though. How about we make the Federal, State and Local Environmental Agencies provide proof of why they set the chemical levels where they are currently.

These levels are a joke. Our 3D printer uses a liquid bath to remove the support structure needed to make some parts. The liquid is Water with Sodium Hydroxide. The support structure is Corn Starch based. We have had to buy a 55 gallon drum, a 10 gallon transport drum, a pump, and a catch basin for the 55 gallon drum in case it leaks. when the 55 gallon drum is full we have to have a Chemical Waste disposal company come, empty the drum and process the chemicals. This costs about $1000 per drum. Ok, I could understand this if this was a hazardous chemical.

Sodium Hydroxide is the main chemical in drain cleaner. If I were to make gravy, put too much Corn Starch in it when I thickened it, dumped it down the drain, clogged the drain and used Draino to clear the drain, I would have put three times the amount of the same chemicals in to the sewer, than if I just dumped the 55 gallon drum down the drain.

Before you start arresting people, remember that it works both ways. Some of these chemical levels are set so low because lobbyists for trial lawyers, chemical disposal companies and environmental nuts want them that way. Again it is all about the MONEY. The lead paint scare was promoted by Trial Lawyers, so was the asbestos scam. Google Garlock if you don't believe me.

I have no problem with prosecuting people, but, make sure what they are prosecuting them for.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I think you are mistaken. We are talking about LEAD. No filter is going to take it out. It is contaminated, and it will remain contaminated for decades.
Lead can be removed. A little research goes a long way.

...filters remove 99% of lead before it comes out of your faucet.
www.pur.com...

Several types of water filters are effective in fighting the lead problem, Heller says.
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude
If this is true...
Perhaps you’ve been duped.
From your Source.

...the city’s government continues to charge people for the poison water and then threatening to foreclose their home or take their children if they refuse to pay.
Where is the proof for this statement?

originally posted by: Chadwickus
This claim is false..
www.snopes.com...
It seems to have come from a Flint resident speaking to RT, they were speculating that children could be taken from their parents.
Check the link above
Nice catch!
From your Link.

The Free Thought Project excerpt reproduced above was the sole source for this otherwise uncited claim. A careful reading of the text suggests that the site perhaps extrapolated two unrelated factual items to form a third hypothetical conclusion:
Extrapolating to create false claims is either dishonest or incompetent, take your pick.

In response to our inquiry, a representative from Michigan's Department of Health & Human Services confirmed children are not removed from homes solely due to a lack of running water (due to the current situation in Flint, or otherwise):
Perhaps this is also a lie yet the burden of proof resides with your title’s claim. Can you prove that children are being removed, or even threatened to be removed, due to Flint’s water problem?

edit on 1/27/2016 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Absolutely NOT true

snopes.com

...and who's ever had their house foreclosed on for a water bill?
some people are so gullible...

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The very first time an attempt is made to remove children from a home under the circumstances described here, I would expect a homicide.

Moreover, it will be completely justified.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The King will have his coin. That town is broke. They need that money and can't afford to have people not pay their bills, hence the threat of violence by the state. The state will send men with guns to force you to comply.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
The very first time an attempt is made to remove children from a home under the circumstances described here, I would expect a homicide.

Moreover, it will be completely justified.

Has there been even one attempt to remove anyone due to a water bill in Flint, MI or anywhere else for that matter?

originally posted by: Foundryman
The King will have his coin. That town is broke. They need that money and can't afford to have people not pay their bills, hence the threat of violence by the state. The state will send men with guns to force you to comply.
What threat of violence? Don't be the victim of online lies or media incompetence.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

Who's to say? At best it would be reported in some form of media which is of course unreliable.

I'm just saying that whatever agent from whatever department showing up to take someone's kids in the way being suggested here ought to expect outrage and violence.

They usually bring police for that very reason. So that if necessary the child can be taken while the parent is either arrested or held at gunpoint.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: Devino
I'm just saying that whatever agent from whatever department showing up to take someone's kids in the way being suggested here ought to expect outrage and violence.
I agree but I don't see any good reason to become angry over something that isn't happening. The problem with water quality is bad enough without perpetuating false statements. The question remains as to whether the OP's claim's are fact or fiction.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Lots of issues in other cities will start popping up before you know it. Lawyers smell MONEYYYY $$$$$$$$$. Landlords will be walking away from the rentals and the government will pay someone 4-5 times the going rate to change the pipes out.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
From the comments on the aforementioned FB page:

While it isn't automatic grounds for instant removal; it does set further investigation into the entire situation for possible removal and charges.
Just for simply not having running (poisoned) water
Thank you so much for Reporting this!!

Last year Michigan passed through an amendment that allows a child to be placed in unmonitored non-relative care when removed from a home. They remain under court jurisdiction and their provider must send a letter to their parent once a year. The parent is still required to pay support yet has no other rights such as visitation. That being said, the county would profit greatly to remove these children and get federal funds for doing so rather than pay out money for assistance for these parents to keep their children.

I live in flint. It's (expletive deleted) happening

The rules are there. I seriously doubt that anyone in flints political arena will enforce this. The water is unusable. The first court case will take care of any zealous city official who tries. Do you really think anyone with clout in flint will go against the swell of social outrage already stirred up. This is fear mongering.

As a recent victim of the no running water allegation they can and will use this to take your children away from you.

This will be an interesting aspect of the debacle to watch.

Thank you for bringing it forward for discussion.

posted on Jan, 27 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
It appears we have exhausted 'Snopes' and are on to opinions. This article puts a bit of perspective on it

www.usalyright.blogspot.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join