It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals, Humans, and STD's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Animals are mammals the same as humans; some of them anyway, right? In pondering this question, I began to wonder if animals can get std's the same as humans...? Of course they can. Look at HIV. It's something you don't really hear about in the MSM but you know it happens. HIV was supposedly transferred to human hunters from infected Chimpanzee blood, but other transfers happen sexually between human and animals; which brings up the Bestiality issue. en.wikipedia.org...

Ghonorrhea, Syphyllus, and HIV, have all come from animals to humans and the newest animal std is called Brucellosis. It's The most common sexually transmitted disease among animals today.

STDs in animals and humans have a historical relationship. "Two or three of the major STDs have come from animals," says Alonso Aguirre, a veterinarian and vice president for conservation medicine at Wildlife Trust. "We know, for example, that gonorrhea came from cattle to humans. Syphilis also came to humans from cattle or sheep many centuries ago, possibly sexually." The most recent, as well as the deadliest, STD to migrate to humans is HIV, which hunters acquired from the blood of chimpanzees, says Aguirre. The disease became transmissible from one person to another through semen and other bodily fluids after it had spread to the human population.

The most common sexually transmitted disease among animals today is brucellosis, or undulant fever, which is common among domestic livestock and occurs in mammals including dogs, goats, deer, and rats. A bacterial infection that can betreated with antibiotics, the disease can be transmitted sexually or otherwise; for example, groups of cattle often eat the placenta of a spontaneously aborted fetus, and they can acquire the disease that way. Symptoms of the disease include miscarriage, inflammation of the testes, and uterine infections. Humans can contract brucellosis through drinking contaminated milk or through direct contact with infected animals.STDs in animals and humans have a historical relationship. "Two or three of the major STDs have come from animals," says Alonso Aguirre, a veterinarian and vice president for conservation medicine at Wildlife Trust. "We know, for example, that gonorrhea came from cattle to humans. Syphilis also came to humans from cattle or sheep many centuries ago, possibly sexually." The most recent, as well as the deadliest, STD to migrate to humans is HIV, which hunters acquired from the blood of chimpanzees, says Aguirre. The disease became transmissible from one person to another through semen and other bodily fluids after it had spread to the human population.

The most common sexually transmitted disease among animals today is brucellosis, or undulant fever, which is common among domestic livestock and occurs in mammals including dogs, goats, deer, and rats. A bacterial infection that can betreated with antibiotics, the disease can be transmitted sexually or otherwise; for example, groups of cattle often eat the placenta of a spontaneously aborted fetus, and they can acquire the disease that way. Symptoms of the disease include miscarriage, inflammation of the testes, and uterine infections. Humans can contract brucellosis through drinking contaminated milk or through direct contact with infected animals.

Could our STD problem be solved by outlawing Bestiality? Animals don't use protection in the wild; except for, maybe the Trojan Horse...Had to say that....Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud and the human animal std issue is real. Stopping Bestiality won't put an end to the problem but I think it will help. Most of all, we need to "Watch them farmboys!!" What says ATS?

discovermagazine.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Where the sheep are scared and men are men.

Actually yes for interspecies STD's but not those already in the human biosphere, any area an infection can thrive it will take advantage of, if it can spread it will, most interspecies infections are transmitted by airborn spores or by eating infected animal flesh etc but some are simply by shared location and yes there are many that can take advantage of both human's and domesticated specie's due to this close proximity but then again there is also the matter of my humorous opening statement, sadly that kind of behaviour actually does happen as well though it boggles the mind of any right minded person, poor goats.

edit on 2-1-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Where the sheep are scared and men are men.

Actually yes for interspecies STD's but not those already in the human biosphere, any area an infection can thrive it will take advantage of, if it can spread it will, most interspecies infections are transmitted by airborn spores or by eating infected animal flesh etc but some are simply by shared location and yes there are many that can take advantage of both human's and domesticated specie's due to this close proximity but then again there is also the matter of my humorous opening statement, sadly that kind of behaviour actually does happen as well though it boggles the mind of any right minded person, poor goats.

Poor goats...lol

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Bestiality is already illegal in most places.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Not sure where you are but bestiality is outlawed and where it is not specifically outlawed it would be covered by Crimes against Nature Statutes. STD are not only transmitted by sexual contact. A simple touch can pass bacteria, viruses, and you are infected. Many STD's are not symptomatic so you could be a carrier and never even know it.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
Not sure where you are but bestiality is outlawed and where it is not specifically outlawed it would be covered by Crimes against Nature Statutes. STD are not only transmitted by sexual contact. A simple touch can pass bacteria, viruses, and you are infected. Many STD's are not symptomatic so you could be a carrier and never even know it.

I'm against it and I think some human problems such as STD's originated with Bestiality a long time ago. You see it depicted in ancient art from all around the world. While not all of it is sexually transmitted and outlawing it across the board won't eliminate it entirely, I question what impact that would have upon future generations if it were to happen.

I know it still happens in the world today in many places, many countries. A simple Web search will prove this. I won't post any links to pages or sites because its probably against T&C.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Could our STD problem be solved by outlawing Bestiality?

No, because the transfer of diseases can happen with blood.

Not only that, but outlawing anything doesn't get rid of it entirely. It's not as if the government has cameras in every square inch of someone's home, just hoping to put away those dastardly bestiality lovers diddling the family dog. It's going to happen if it's illegal or not, and all that's needed to start a spread of disease is just one single individual.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Bestiality is already illegal in most places.

It's kind of disturbing that it actually needs to be illegal......
It should be common sense, or even just a feeling of wrongness...

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
error -delete post.
edit on 3 by tiredoflooking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Bull #. Disease coming from animal to humans, yes it is possible. But also it is highly possible that humans spread diseases to animals. If it works one way, then I m sure it works both ways because I don't see a reason for not to.

In other words we are connected to animals more than we though or Like to be.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
If you're going to be a disgusting, perverted, animal diddling, slime ball, then you deserve to catch whatever STD that an animal is carrying. If you catch an STD from an animal by means of sex, and it causes you to not be able to procreate with your own species, I say good, as a member of this species I feel that I speak for the majority when I say "we don't want your genes in our pool anyways".

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad

Bull #. Disease coming from animal to humans, yes it is possible. But also it is highly possible that humans spread diseases to animals. If it works one way, then I m sure it works both ways because I don't see a reason for not to.

In other words we are connected to animals more than we though or Like to be.

This is the conclusiion I reached as well that humans would also be able to "give" std's to animals. However, that's a whole other can of worms.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Squirlli
If you're going to be a disgusting, perverted, animal diddling, slime ball, then you deserve to catch whatever STD that an animal is carrying. If you catch an STD from an animal by means of sex, and it causes you to not be able to procreate with your own species, I say good, as a member of this species I feel that I speak for the majority when I say "we don't want your genes in our pool anyways".

Who is this directed towards?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Well it does happen, this is not humour as it is horrible and the animal's must have suffered, human cruelty knows no bound's
and it seems sadly neither do human perversion's.

www.theguardian.com...
nehandaradio.com...
youtu.be...

There is far worse than this as well, but the question is how the hell can they find an animal sexually attractive?.

edit on 3-1-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes, many diseases are spread to humans via animals. Simple stuff here, viruses don't reside in inorganic hosts.
As in any system, eliminate segregation and things will spread to where they're not intended. Its a breakdown of order.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I have to ask the same question "who is this directed against"? Are you going to vilify all the people dying with CGD caught by eating contaminated meat? Are all these people going to be labelled "beastiality" practicers?
I think the gentleman in question is going for the sensational label of people having sexual relations with animals.
If true, the cause of HIV was proven to be from CONSUMING monkey meat not through sexual relations with monkeys. In Africa sometimes the only meat available is "bush meat". That is the accepted route that is the way HIV got into humans.
Then you come with the "pox" a well known old English name for an STD. Humans get that, not by beasiality but by drinking infected milk.
There is a vast range of infections that can be transmited to humans through drinking infected milk, eating infected meat or even just handling infected beasts and sex doesn't enter the frame.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

That is a theoretical view of how it got into human's another is that it was a released virus intended as a population control method in the and based on the monkey's strain (the monkes show a marked resistance to the virus).

Have you ever looked at the HIV virus, it is incredibly complicated, a lenticular virus with one of the most complex enzyme shell's and perhaps too complex to be natural, as a lenticular virus there is even a extremely remote possibility of cross contamination allowing a mutation with another less complex lenticular virus (they are called his because of there shape under the ESM) such as an influenza virus for example, a switching of a few gene's could therefore allow the HIV to become an air born virus and that is worrying to say the least.

Whether it was released or made the species leap of it's own accord via whatever method of transfer it is no joking matter and I can tell you my old lecturer whom had a triple professorship and was a member of green peace (so had refused US pharmaceutical company's when they had tried to head hunt him multiple time's) was convinced that HIV was an artificial or artificially adapted virus, he even told us that if it was then in time weaker strain's would appear, guess what since the 80's when I was lectured by him weaker strain's have appeared.

Personally I don't think it got into the human biosphere accidentally, I think it was placed into the African population deliberately but backfired badly.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: crayzeed

That is a theoretical view of how it got into human's another is that it was a released virus intended as a population control method in the and based on the monkey's strain (the monkes show a marked resistance to the virus).

Have you ever looked at the HIV virus, it is incredibly complicated, a lenticular virus with one of the most complex enzyme shell's and perhaps too complex to be natural, as a lenticular virus there is even a extremely remote possibility of cross contamination allowing a mutation with another less complex lenticular virus (they are called his because of there shape under the ESM) such as an influenza virus for example, a switching of a few gene's could therefore allow the HIV to become an air born virus and that is worrying to say the least.

Whether it was released or made the species leap of it's own accord via whatever method of transfer it is no joking matter and I can tell you my old lecturer whom had a triple professorship and was a member of green peace (so had refused US pharmaceutical company's when they had tried to head hunt him multiple time's) was convinced that HIV was an artificial or artificially adapted virus, he even told us that if it was then in time weaker strain's would appear, guess what since the 80's when I was lectured by him weaker strain's have appeared.

Personally I don't think it got into the human biosphere accidentally, I think it was placed into the African population deliberately but backfired badly.

Thank you for your input. It's most appreciated.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

its directed towards all the disgusting, perverted, animal diddling, slime balls....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join