It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix's Docuseries Making a Murderer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Anyone got a link to the main reddit page on this? Tried searching but there is that many I dunno which one is the main one in regards to everyone discussing the evidence. Much appreciated

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Woman who says she saw Steven Avery on the night Teresa Halbach disappeared says she was ignored

On Halloween night over a decade ago, Sandra Begotka and her husband Dave claim they saw Steven Avery at around 5.15pm at a fuel station around 13 miles away from the Avery Salvage yard, where he is said to have murdered Teresa Halbach and burned her remains.

"Soon after the story broke about Teresa Halbach being murdered and Avery being charged Dave and I called the Manitowoc Sheriff's department to report that we saw him. Someone took our info on the phone. Then I also composed a letter stating what we'd seen and sent it to the sheriff's department. We never heard anything further. So the sheriff did not follow up with us.

www.femalefirst.co.uk...

Dunno if this was posted yet but just came across it.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

That is an interesting piece to follow up on... But something he nor the defense ever seems to have claimed. It would be pretty huge because if he did it he may have been in the Rav 4 with Theresa in the back (making sense of blood evidence in the back).... Of coure if not in Rav 4 and he really was there it puts him away from the scene at a critical time.
edit on 6-1-2016 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

It was a dark Ford truck they said they spotted him in. I can't remember his testimony or statements off hand but I would like to know if he claimed he was indeed getting fuel for the bonfire in any of his interviews. Also if this woman did make a call and wrote a letter why is there no copy of it from the Manitowoc Sheriff's department?
edit on 102016102016bam06 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wow this is insane. I get that it would be impossible to have all 30 years of information put into a little over 10 hours of time, so a lot was left out. Some of the things that stood out to me have already been mentioned here.

I wonder about the key chain. How is it that her DNA wasn't found on it, no ones was, except SA's. She had driven there that day, her DNA would, and should, be all over it yes? How many people out there have their car key alone? It could be that she kept it separate, but I've never known any family, friends, anyone to have it alone. My keychain has my car key, house key, mailbox, one of those small store bar code cards for easy access, 1 or 2 keys idk wth they go to, but hell, they're still there, I like to think I knew at some point what they went too though. Ide like to know if they asked her family/boyfriend/friends/coworkers about that, if they asked her if she kept the key alone or if multiple keys were with it? If so, where are the other keys? Who has them? Where's her house key? As far as I could tell, the car key was the only key found on the floor by Lenk and Colburn, 2 of the 3 or so people SA was going after.

Whoever "hid" the car I think made it look like they wanted it to look like there was an attempt to cover it up, yet at the same time be easy to find. Not only that but it was found within, what? 20 minutes of the lady going to look for it? in that massive of a lot? She sure got lucky!

SA's girlfriend, Lori, called him twice the night of the murder from jail, which were recorded conversations, nothing seemed out of the ordinary they said. Weird that if he was involved in something like this, it wouldn't translate over to the phone, in terms of wanting to get off the phone, ignoring the call, acting odd or something like that?

Seems weird all around, something doesn't add up. Or does it? To a total of 36 million? And a county that has it in for SA?

edit on 6-1-2016 by C84K2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Dismissed Steven Avery Juror Tells PEOPLE Jury Members Were Related to a Local Cop and a County Employee

"After the trial, I found out...[one juror] was the father of a Manitowoc County Sheriff's deputy," the dismissed juror, Richard Mahler, says. "Another juror, his wife works for the Manitowoc County Clerk's Office."

He adds: "I thought to myself, they shouldn't have been on the jury. That was a conflict of interest."

link

If true, that would be the only way I see to get a new trial.

edit to add:

from my understanding none of the jurors came out publicly in both cases to discuss why they convicted them. I sure would like to hear from them and not just the dismissed one.

edit on 6-1-2016 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thats hard to say.... The huge issue with this case is if any part of the le setting him up is true finding stuff like this will prove extremely difficult... One worst thing about these kind things is wild claims come from all over, all the time.. The attention whores come out in full force.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: swimmer15

That's true, there will be as lot of people looking for their 15mins of fame.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am watching it right now and I can tell you that this show really confirms my complete loss of trust into our legal system.

I understand that they are many holes and often it's only one-sided but the story has facts .. too many .. and how certain people act and respond (all upfront the Sheriff) with their statements - regardless if they are on national tv or in a court of law - just speaks for itself.

Something seriously is going down in this little town and I wouldn't be surprised that SA was framed the entire time. So many things are pointing towards that. Remember the department was about to lose big time in a 36 million law suit with cops personal responsible for it since the Insurance dropped out and they would have held accountable in a trial considering that there was far too much evidence that SA was imprisoned falsely from the get-go. This would have destroyed a lot of families in that town - mostly cops.

How convenient is it that he suddenly is charged with murder with no evidence - only statement from a 16 year old that barely can understand what is happening. Just that part has so many unanswered questions - how is this kid even standing trial as an adult considering that he has obviously special needs which are probably never been official determined. The kid was fed the story and he made up the rest of it. I firmly believe that his thought was that if he comes up with a great story, they would let him go.

Most shocking so far was the tempered blood vial. That alone should have called for a mistrial.

Also on all these key questions, Judge Willis really dropped the ball and was 100% bias towards the State.

Obviously the film makers wants you to get a bit angry however you won't change the fact that key evidence was either planted, couldn't be 100% determined or was just not available - which should have called for a mistrial.

So far it looks like that everything was done to get a conviction .. if something failed, something else came up. How long can you withstand something like that.

I also liked (not) the reporter who stated: "Murder is right now the hottest thing and we have to be better than the competition to stay up with the ratings" - WTF!!! We all knew that, but to actually hear someone from the media talking like that .. wow! Just wow.

All of these character have a lot of skeletons in their closets. And now I just read that there was actually a feud going on between the Sheriff's family's salvage yard and Avery's family salvage yard. Couldn't be as simple as this? Afterall the Sheriff is on top and he wouldn't be the first to be corrupted.

Anyway, way too many open questions. Even he did it, and I have a little bit doubt, there was no true - 100% - evidence to proof it. It looked like that the defense had to proof that in fact he wasn't guilty ....

Somehow I have a feeling that the truth will come out - very soon - and it will have a very bad awakening for these characters ... I don't know if it will help SA or Brandon.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: C84K2
As far as I could tell, the car key was the only key found on the floor by Lenk and Colburn, 2 of the 3 or so people SA was going after.

Self correction here: the lawsuit was against Manitowoc County, Thomas Kocourek, the sheriff at the time and Denis Vogel, the DA at the time. Not Lenk and Colburn.

Sorry for any confusion, way past the edit time.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I read yesterday that constitutionally, the president cannot grant a pardon. Only the governor of Wisconsin (Scott Walker) can do that and he has already declined despite the petitions.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I saw that Wisconsin's corrupt Governor is refusing to look at this case. We need more public outcry

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkipperJohn

Dismissed Steven Avery Juror Tells PEOPLE Jury Members Were Related to a Local Cop and a County Employee

"After the trial, I found out...[one juror] was the father of a Manitowoc County Sheriff's deputy," the dismissed juror, Richard Mahler, says. "Another juror, his wife works for the Manitowoc County Clerk's Office."

He adds: "I thought to myself, they shouldn't have been on the jury. That was a conflict of interest."

link

If true, that would be the only way I see to get a new trial.

edit to add:

from my understanding none of the jurors came out publicly in both cases to discuss why they convicted them. I sure would like to hear from them and not just the dismissed one.

That's not the only reason he deserves a fair trial. There's tons of reasons. But unless the justice system in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin straightens up, he's going to be sitting in prison for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Did anyone see the Megan Kelly piece about this show this week? She had the City (or someone speaking in support of the prosecution) on to "pick holes" in the documentary...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: swimmer15

That is an interesting piece to follow up on... But something he nor the defense ever seems to have claimed. It would be pretty huge because if he did it he may have been in the Rav 4 with Theresa in the back (making sense of blood evidence in the back).... Of coure if not in Rav 4 and he really was there it puts him away from the scene at a critical time.

Well if the sheriff ignored it then there would have been no way for the defense team to know about it.

And I'm sure if the evidence had been damning to Avery, it would have not been ignored and it would have been some key evidence for the prosecution.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Reflection

The defense wouldnt have known about the women but Avery would know he was somewhere else at a critical time.... If it was thirteen miles or so away, getting to and from plus gas would account for a significant amount of time during the time the prosecution says the murder took place. The witness wouldnt be needed since there should be a time stamped receipt and or video of him there.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Steven Avery has a new attorney

Steven Avery has a new attorney.

The Law Firm of Kathleen T. Zellner and Associates, based in the Chicago area, announced they will be assuming the full and complete representation of Avery.

According to the firm's online bio, Zellner claims she has righted more wrongful convictions than any other private attorney in America.

Zellner's firm will be assisted by local Wisconsin counsel, Tricia Bushnell.

Bushnell is the legal director of the Midwest Innocence Project.

link

White House Responds to Petition for Steven Avery of 'Making a Murderer'

The White House has responded to a petition asking President Obama to pardon Steven Avery -- the subject of the Netflix show "Making a Murderer" -- along with Brendan Dassey, who were both convicted of murdering photographer Teresa Halbach in 2005.

More than 125,000 have signed the petition, exceeding the 100,000 needed to trigger a response.

However, because Avery and Dassey were convicted in state criminal court, the president does not have the power to pardon them, the White House said.

"A pardon in this case would need to be issued at the state level by the appropriate authorities," a representative for the White House wrote online. "While this case is out of the Administration's purview, President Obama is committed to restoring the sense of fairness at the heart of our justice system."

link

edit on 9-1-2016 by SkipperJohn because: edit link

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Penny Beernsten, the Rape Victim in ‘Making A Murderer,’ Speaks Out

link

sounds like alot of B.S. to me. excuses.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Watched the whole series and as far as the case itself it was certainly without a doubt tainted on top of that there was a blatant conflict of interest which should have completely disqualified the Manitowoc officials from participating.
There is a lot of speculation going around on both sides but on thing is evident, there was not enough evidence to convict Steve. Beyond a reasonable doubt is the standard, and many of my doubts are reasonable. I think an honest investigation and new trial would be the very least that need be done here. What they did to that kid is ridiculous, his confession was not voluntary, it should have been thrown out, and those detectives should have been held accountable for coercion. The part i got a good laugh at though was when that FBI lab tech said that based on the three samples given to him which did not sample the other spots of blood found in the vehicle he could say with a degree of scientific certainty that they all did not have edta although he had not tested all the spots of blood in the car. The chemist for the defense pokes holes in that edta test as well. So much wrong with this case its disgusting.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I think he is right where he belongs in a karmic way. People who soak their pets in gas then throw them into a fire are only a short skip from doing it to people..no sympathy from me but legaly he was clearly railroaded, and every legal entity involved in this pile of sheet should be sharing the same cell.
edit on 10-1-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join