It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A racist black professor lectures all white people on how racist they are.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

22.7 percent were victims of anti-White bias.

It would probably fall in there.

I've been an anti-hate crime advocate all my life, but it may be time to look at what we classify as "hate" in relation to what is "politically unacceptable" at the moment.

Hate crimes advocate for violence against others based on some quality.

Everything we don't like personally isn't a hate crime.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I know our political ideology is different, but I get called a racist just for supporting Trump (I'm sick of career politicians). Man, you know people have gone stupid when that starts happening... But yessuh, I'm a Southern white male, born in Louisiana in 1979.

As far as proof, all we can do is find a decent read and paste the link

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

Be sure to overlook everything else he said.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Indigo5

"just a couple of weeks ago an exhaustive study of white vs. black offenders was done...identical crimes...blacks on average got 20% longer prison sentences.

Blacks more likely to be pulled over or interact with cops..

Blacks with the same credit scores more likely to be turned down for a home loan..

etc. etc.
"

What factored into that study? Did the blacks have the same rap sheet as the white when pulled over? What were they doing to get pulled over? Were they calling about the home loans or were they appearing in person? What bank were they being turned down by? Were they trying to buy identical houses?

I'm not telling you that you're wrong, I'm just trying to find out what factored into this study. Saying things like this is why we can't move past the divide, in my opinion.

And anything titled "Dear White America" is hard to consider unbiased. Not to mention, George Yancy is a professor of philosophy at Emory University. He has written, edited and co-edited numerous books, including “Black Bodies, White Gazes,” “Look, a White!” and “Pursuing Trayvon Martin,” co-edited with Janine Jones.

I think his 19 interviews are lacking proper statistics and information. And skimming over his article, he doesn't seem too particular of any race other than his own.

Let me guess, you don't think the holocaust happened either, right?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Georgia, 1966.

Yeah, we have fallen into two different "groups" and we have different beliefs ... on some issues ... but I'd bet that you, in your day-to-day life, work to take care of those you care for, that you're doing your best to make the best life you can, and that, aside from individual quirks and habits that we all have ... you're like 99% of all Americans and humanity itself.

You don't intentionally discriminate against individuals, you've never acted out organized violence ... in short, you're like most all of us.

The good question is ... who and what is pulling our strings? Why are we constantly fighting with each other over crap?

That's the question that brought me here, and I've come back around full circle.

Happy New Year LSU!

edit on 30-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I'm just going by facts, as presented by the links I posted.

The facts are just that, facts. Not the truth.

If you read my post again, perhaps you'll understand that I said slaves in the New World were safer than slaves in the Caribbeans,

And i'm saying they weren't. They were property, safe is meaningless when someone owns you.

If anything, some of the slaves in the Caribbeans were on better footing since a good chunk of them fought tooth and nail for their independence, which America tried to halt by making it illegal to teach your slaves how to read.

But it's all good, I did misread what you wrote and for that I apologize.

But you did give me a great idea for a thread, now I've got to dig up a bunch of links from awhile ago.

To the PBS website!
edit on 30-12-2015 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

I think there are a lot of white rasists out there. especially in America. but that doesn't mean we are all racists or have ever oppressed anyone, in our entire history.
I suppose we were Vikings once but I wouldn't think a woman would come up to me and call me a rapist just because my 94643194th grandfather was one?

it's the same thing man. I'm sorry you feel oppressed and you probably have good causes aswell. and that's effed up.

.. doesn't mean all white people are racist though, and I think you know that.

this professor cannot be a teacher anymore when calling 3/4 of his students racists.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There are White racists and Black racists and Asian racists.

If it's not race, it's religion. If it's not religion, it's social class. If it's not A it's B.

The power-elite employ our own worst tendencies against us.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This letter reflects what Dr. George Yancy DOES for a living.

Here's his vita: George Yancy, Ph.D., Emory University, Department of Philosophy

His approach is pure rarified academia. He lives in the realm of subjective idealism. He sent us all a letter from that disconnected height.

That said, he has some valid points, if he would turn his insightful analysis on ALL people, not just "White America."

What would happen if we all just stop acting like idiots at once?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: Indigo5

What factored into that study? Did the blacks have the same rap sheet as the white when pulled over? What were they doing to get pulled over? Were they calling about the home loans or were they appearing in person? What bank were they being turned down by? Were they trying to buy identical houses?

I'm not telling you that you're wrong, I'm just trying to find out what factored into this study. Saying things like this is why we can't move past the divide, in my opinion.

I can google up the studies when time affords, I am at work now...but specifically the recent sentencing study was a large sample and really rigorous in comparing apples to apples. Same crimes and offense records (1st strike, 2nd strike) etc. African Americans got 20% longer sentences.

Is it your position that institutional racism does not exist?

I don't think you need to. Yancy, according to his article, interviewed 19 people.

The interviewees themselves — bell hooks, Cornel West, Judith Butler, Peter Singer, David H. Kim, Molefi Kete Asante among them — came from a variety of racial backgrounds, and their concerns and positions were even more diverse. But on the whole I came to see these interviews as linked by a common thread: They were messages to white America — because they often directly expressed the experience of those who live and have lived as people of color in a white-run world, and that is something no white person could ever truly know firsthand.

That is how I want to deliver my own message now.

Give me some examples of institutionalized racism and I'll tell you whether or not I believe it exists.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

EXACTLY! These days you don't know what is and isn't a legitimate hate crime.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You nailed it brother. I wish I knew the answer to your question, but I know I don't remember it being anything like this in the 90's.

Happy New Year!

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I think we do, actually.

We know a real HATE crime when we see it. I think we can feel when someone has done something out of pure HATE for someone else ... and by HATE I mean that which is tending to and will become actual VIOLENCE left unchecked.

The phrase, like so many others, has become politicized now. It's part of the narrative ... it's used against the truth.
edit on 30-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You nailed it brother. I wish I knew the answer to your question, but I know I don't remember it being anything like this in the 90's.

Happy New Year!

Well, you were a teenager then and probably had other priorities.

I've seen the roots of what we have now grow from the late 1970s and early 1980s.

I think the movie Network (1976) was probably one of the first "announcements" from the power-elite that a new phase was starting ... some thing about the codes they live by (or the rules of "the game") requires that they hide the truth in plain sight.

Be well, I'm going to play a game; I'm starting to sound like the old kook I am. LOL.

Take it easy on the liberals eh? Some of them may not be what you think.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
This letter reflects what Dr. George Yancy DOES for a living.

Here's his vita: George Yancy, Ph.D., Emory University, Department of Philosophy

His approach is pure rarified academia. He lives in the realm of subjective idealism. He sent us all a letter from that disconnected height.

That said, he has some valid points, if he would turn his insightful analysis on ALL people, not just "White America."

What would happen if we all just stop acting like idiots at once?

No doubt. I think to many people, using the term "White America" is an automatic discredit. It sets the tone of the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
yes..
it's a shame.. but for every day, all this racial tension seems almost orchestrated and planned.
it's working too good to be random acts of racism :/

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I think we do, actually.

We know a real HATE crime when we see it. I think we can feel when someone has done something out of pure HATE for someone else ... and by HATE I mean that which is tending to and will become actual VIOLENCE left unchecked.

The phrase, like so many others, has become politicized now. It's part of the narrative ... it's used against the truth.

I agree. I'm talking about hate crimes that are reported in statistics. Actually, in my opinion, any crime is a hate crime.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You're the same age as my father-in-law so I'll remind you like I remind him, you ain't old yet (Yes, my fiance is much younger than me)...

Stay cool man, I'll heed your advice. Enjoy your game.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
From the article:

Some might even say that as a black male, who has already been stereotyped as a “crotch-grabbing, sexual fiend,” that I’m at risk of reinforcing that stereotype. (Let’s be real, that racist stereotype has been around for centuries; it is already part of white America’s imaginary landscape.)

I stopped reading right there. Well, actually I read a little more because it was funny. He talks about being a sexist and indulging in americas sexist society.

His mind sounds horrificly ugly. I got a rotten feeling inside my stomach from reading this.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I think we do, actually.

I agree. I'm talking about hate crimes that are reported in statistics. Actually, in my opinion, any crime is a hate crime.

I'll work on staying cool. And I'll head my own advice about conservatives, eh? LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join