It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help my cat keeps crapping in the sink!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

Reminds me of when people say, "Cats are way smarter than dogs." Nothing could be farther from the truth - as they both are equally 'smart'.

Had many cats during my youth. They pooped everywhere - nasty, very nasty. Nothing like finding a petrified poo log under your bed when you are playing hide-and-go-seek. And the cat pee, nothing seems to get that funk out of anything porous.

Anyways - try taking the cat nuggets from the sink and placing them into the litter box. Show the kitten the poo and hopefully it'll get the hint. If you find the kitten sneaking around the sink - place them onto the litter box. After they eat, place them onto the litter box - they are small enough that when they eat, they'll almost need to poo immediately.

From my experience, the kittens that were around an adult cat long enough, seems to use the litter box more than the kittens that don't remember an adult cat. Same for puppies. Some mother's will teach their young to use the potty the right way.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I'm sorry I have no solution for you. I do have to thank you though.

After a very trying couple months for me this thread title gave me one hell of a laugh this morning. They say there is a silver lining in every dark cloud.

Sorry, again, that my laugh is at your expense... but I needed that.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Give your cat free access in and out of the house maybe?
I've had my cat 6 years and never seen her poop because she can come and go as she pleases. Tough luck if you treat your cat like a teddy bear stuck in a zoo, pity I say.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

well right now i have the original litter box sitting outside by the door. i thought that would work and it did for one cat but the other one just doesnt seem to put two and two together. even though i have seen her in it outside! i could try what you mentioned but i fear that it will just cause her to keep wanting to use litter all of the time :/

Animals are like children...they don't all develop at the same pace. If you've got a cat whom you're trying to litterbox train, your method is a good way to confuse the cat and exhaust yourself in the process.

What you are doing is very confusing for an animal. You've got a litterbox outside and then another one inside and you're dealing with a cat that is not even fully grown yet and cannot understand the mixed signals she's being sent. You've got to pick a place where you want them to go, either inside or out, exclusively. While outside, they will do their business both in the litterbox and wherever else they find a suitable location. And the same thing is happening in your house; she poops everywhere because there are no clear boundaries.

Also, I don't think you mentioned the frequency with which this occurs but if it's happening numerous times in a day, take the cat to the vet. They can get urinary tract infections and it will give them diahrrea and cause them to go hide from other animals to defecate.

Either way, if you've got an indoor/outdoor slow learner and it is not in fact medically related, pick ONE appropriate potty location and if it's outdoors put a doggie door in so they can have easy access to the outside. And until the issue is resolved, limit the spaces in which you will allow the cat to roam. It's a pain in the ass to close doors, etc., but it's better than having to clean up unpleasant little surprises.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
Cats are not like children, only people who have no children would say something so ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
Cats are not like children, only people who have no children would say something so ridiculous.

I wouldn't agree to that. Having children of my own, cats and dogs can behave similarly as a child. They do get emotional, cranky, vindictive, throw a tantrum, etc. If you treat your pets as a pet, sure they'll behave like one. But many pet owners don't treat their pets as a pet, but as a family member. Sometimes the pets get better medical care than the people in the house.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ChuckNasty
WTF? Better medical care for animals than your own children? Are you serious?!
That's dark and sinister in my mind, do you wipe your cat's arse after pooping as well lol ...treating your cats the same as your kids, unbelievable, I've heard it all now!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Yeah....cats are smarter and cuter!

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Have you considered moving the sink outside to see if it will go outside in the sink and just replace the old sink

Yes I know it's not very practical but if you've expended all other options it's probably worth a shot as a last resort

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Pets do need to be treated and trained as carefully as children. Pets will always be dependent on their 'owners' for their well-being, health and happiness.

As humans we have to make allowances for them because they aren't really equipped to make allowances or compromises for us. For me that was one of the benefits of having pets, it taught me patience and to see things from the point of view of someone who couldn't explain themselves to me.

Sure, I'd wipe my dogs bum if he he was a bit squitty. What's the alternative? Wait for him to give himself a good shake and me have to dodge flying faeces, that's what

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike
Lame comparing children with cats, if you genuinely believe that I'm just really glad you are not my parent.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If I had the choice between accidently running over the little Chav brat across the street or the lovely Bengal my next neighbour has? I would run the chav over any day......and reverse the car for good measure

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Different kettle of fish fella, if you compare children with cats genuinely then you need to ask questions about yourself and how you regard fellow humans.
edit on 26.12.2015 by grainofsand because: typo again grr

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yeah cats are more trustworthy, simple to understand and mostly deserve respect.

Human........Well.........History doesn’t speak well for us does it? Quite frankly we suck as species.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
B
ehave, if your cat was the size of an Alsatian it would #ing eat you...your child generally wouldn't.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

B
ehave, if your cat was the size of an Alsatian it would #ing eat you...your child generally wouldn't.

A there are many humans who would steal off me, stab me in the back and kill me in horrible ways.

Still I dont have Children and dont think I ever will, never been a fan of children.
edit on 26-12-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The fact you have no children confirms my earlier point. Attributing human characteristics to animals is the classic style of childless folk.
Same like the old single women with a hundred teddy bears in their car lol

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Lame comparing children with cats, if you genuinely believe that I'm just really glad you are not my parent.

Well, Grasshopper - that feeling is entirely mutual

You're in one of your argumentative moods, aren't you? You got much of that Christmas sherry left ???

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm all good thanks just ridiculing people who assert that cats can be considered the same as children. Ridiculous and you know it.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Humans are animals, it would be arrogant to think otherwise when in reality we are just a species of animal that has a higher intellect (although that is sometimes questionable)

There's nothing wrong with comparing humans to animals, although if I was going to compare kids I'd say they're more like dogs, loud, annoying and in constant need of attention.

And humans DO eat humans, or have you not heard of survival stories like those aboard the Essex, those Uruguayan Rugby players who crashed in the Andes or the Cannibal tribes in Papua New Guinea

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join