It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double murderer given opportunity to apologize in court; What he says is amazing.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Take a long look at how far back 'black' people have had their so called freedoms, it's only been a slight moment in American history.
Hate such as what you have witnessed in this video was driven from deep within, not a spur of the moment thing.

Do they carry this hate towards Africans as well?

No one race or group of people have clean hands when it comes to history , especially when it comes to something as disgusting as slavery.

Fred Swaniker, the founder of the African Leadership Academy, said: "I'm not sure whether an apology is needed, but it would be worth looking at and acknowledging the role Africa did play in the slave trade. Someone had to find the slaves and bring them before the Europeans."

the president of Uganda, told an audience including Bill Clinton: "African chiefs were the ones waging war on each other and capturing their own people and selling them. If anyone should apologise it should be the African chiefs. We still have those traitors here even today."

"I interviewed a chief who acknowledged there was collaboration and that without that involvement we wouldn't have seen human trafficking on an industrial scale,"

He said that on behalf of the buyers of slaves, the ancestors of the traditional rulers "raided communities and kidnapped people, shipping them away across the Sahara or across the Atlantic".

The Civil Rights Congress of Nigeria has written to tribal chiefs saying: "We cannot continue to blame the white men, as Africans, particularly the traditional rulers, are not blameless."

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

What is the difference you ask?

How about the fact that they are different individuals? Or that, we would hope, people will evolve? But I've not got high expectations for that anymore.

This is one of the biggest loads of BS that I have read on here. History- effin history. Will humanity EVER progress if we stay in the past? Never.

When I was younger, I used to hear talk of a future where all races would be intermingled, and would be one. I thought it a beautiful idea. But, it'll never happen if we keep looking to the injustices of the freaking past as any kind of excuse for bad behavior.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

One chooses to be identified by race and consider it their own suffering. There is no such things as old hatred. It is an illusion. Just like race identity is an illusion.

It has only been a "brewing volcano" because this race nonsense is constantly passed on between people.

It can stop by telling your kids that YOU are a BLACK PERSON and in the past YOUR people have been inslaved and tortured without justice. The same goes for all races.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Look up the term "lynching in american history"'
And see the atrocities that white people brought upon people with African decent.
For little as just a suspicion of a petty crime white people would just go on a murderous rampage to be judge, jury and executioner of those poor souls.

What is the difference in this case compared to back then? take a long think session about that.

Now, do I agree with murder, or lynching. No, I do not. But history has a huge play here, old hatred. A brewing volcano that was fueled from deep within the social injustice. Just because of the color of a persons skin.

I think that has played so long that another volcano has started brewing right along with it.

It's going to be interesting to see what all of this brings us in the end. Like a Christmas gift of death and destruction for everybody.

One can almost hardly wait as the rhetoric is about to kill most of us off anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I am not taking part in this conversation anymore.
The amount of bigotry, and lack of understanding history astounds me.

It's borderline racist. Showcasing a black on white crime like it's a prime statistic.
Mods, I hope you see this.

NEWS FLASH: IT IS a prime statistic.

But clearly you don't understand the meaning of the word statistic, so I'll give you an example: 13% of the US population commits 52% of violent crimes.

And you have no capacity for intelligent debate so you slither out the door.... That's the spirit!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Hate such as what you have witnessed in this video was driven from deep within, not a spur of the moment thing.

Yea, deep WITHIN THE BLACK COMMUNITY who often place a nice big chip on their children's shoulders by blaming white people for every one of their life problems.

There is also racist white kids. I used to know a 10 year old kid who hated black people and obama. He was like a 90 year old racist republican.

Anyway, how do you know racism is widespread in the black community?

EDIT : Is there a white community? Indian community? Is community just another word for race in these discussions !? lol
edit on 7-12-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Quite true. In fact, it was the western imperialism that was the first to abolish slavery in the history of the known world. The Ottoman Empire only ended it after pressure from western powers. Brazil more than 100 years after the US. Countries in Africa up until the late 20th century. Slavery is a crime of the world, but first ended by whites.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

a reply to: 8675309jenny

Look up the term "lynching in american history"'
And see the atrocities that white people brought upon people with African decent.
For little as just a suspicion of a petty crime white people would just go on a murderous rampage to be judge, jury and executioner of those poor souls.

What is the difference in this case compared to back then? take a long think session about that.

Now, do I agree with murder, or lynching. No, I do not. But history has a huge play here, old hatred. A brewing volcano that was fueled from deep within the social injustice. Just because of the color of a persons skin.

The real ones who suffer when excuses like this are used are the children that grow up listening to this kind of crap being led to believe they are hateful monsters. You're essentially saying they can't help it, what kind of statement is that to make about a race and is it not racist to think this way?

This man made a choice. It was a horrible and inhuman choice... and you're saying it's because of his race. I don't understand how people don't see the inherent racism in some of their social justice rhetoric.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The social inequalities that are being fought by BLM and others have and deserve their own threads. They should not be cheapened by being brought up when discussing a low life murderer who deserves the death penalty.

Social injustice and racism... All issues that are real and deserve discussion.

The poor excuse of a human in that video? Deserves death.

Don't drag the very real issues of systemic racism through the mud by associating it with this low life just because he mentioned it. Hitler mentioned Jesus too, doesn't mean the two go together.

I suggest any person who has respect for the fight for social justice (warts and all) quit this thread to discuss it elsewhere.

This thread should only be about the loss of those families and disgust at the criminals.

I also don't defend every word or action of anyone from any movement. Humans are, well.. human. You'll always find assholes in any movement from liberal to conservative to none of the above, who hide behind slogans while their real motivations are their own selfish desires.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Almost in arms reach, i would not be able to restrain myself. BAM!!

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Tell that to a woman next time she tells you she wants to hold the same position as you in life.
It's the same thing.
you are putting your privileged white values on someone else. your values as a white male that were set stone hundreds of years ago do not make what is still happening today right.
Children are raised and molded to what ever standards their parental advisers are.
this man made a choice, but this man grew up with a certain understanding that majority white privileged males do not understand. Social justice does not exists in America.
edit on 7-12-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2015 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

Yea, deep WITHIN THE BLACK COMMUNITY who often place a nice big chip on their children's shoulders by blaming white people for every one of their life problems.

There is also racist white kids. I used to know a 10 year old kid who hated black people and obama. He was like a 90 year old racist republican.

Anyway, how do you know racism is widespread in the black community?

EDIT : Is there a white community? Indian community? Is community just another word for race in these discussions !? lol

Absolutely. Of course there are racist kids in any group. But I was raised(in the 80's) not to think that way. I never heard the N--- word in my house, and my babysitter was a black girl from Trinidad. Her younger brother was my best friend for many years.

What I would term 'community' is how people group themselves socially. Here where I live there is a large Finnish community actually. I wouldn't say there is really a white community because many white people identify more differences amongst themselves than commonality just because of being white.

I don't naturally assume someone is going to take my side or be my buddy simply cause were both white. I also realize that isn't true for any race or group, but the smaller a minority is, the more they tend to group together. Just like expats around the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Tell that to a woman next time she tells you she wants to hold the same position as you in life.
It's the same thing.
you are putting your privileged white values on someone else. your values as a white male that were set stone hundreds of years ago do not make what is still happening today right.
Children are raised and molded to what ever standards their parental advisers are.
this man made a choice, but this man grew up with a certain understanding that majority white privileged males do not understand. Social justice does not exists in America.

You speak of social justice.... don't make me laugh.

I swear I will contribute money to fly you to Sierra Leone and help victims of the RUF.

Justify this:

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It's the same thing.

You didn't address the fact that your view on this is racist. You've essentially said he did this because of his race. You brought up some employment topic which has nothing to do with this discussion and reiterated your racist premise that he did this because he is black. That's racism plain and simple. I'm not sure why that's hard to understand. You're claiming racism is bad while engaging in it. It doesn't make it any less racist just because you're defending him.

It's also racist to assume my race based on my opinion. I guess in your world only a white male can have my opinion. Interesting how many assumptions you make predicated on race while claiming to be against racism.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

First off, both of my bosses are women and one of them is a black woman.

I wish I could hold the same position as THEM.

"White privilege" is just a fancy way to thinly veil anti-white racism. "White privilege" is a myth. There is "RICH privilege" for sure, ever see a rich black man get away with murder?

And finally since you cry that "Social justice does not exist in America."

Please tell us all where it does exist.

I'll wait.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

this man made a choice, but this man grew up with a certain understanding that majority while privileged males do not understand.

Being that I'm not white and I'm an immigrant that came to this country with nothing , I can tell you that anyone that buys into that mentality was likely set to fail to begin with, or improperly raised by parents.

Another persons privilege doesn't prevent you from acquiring yours in today’s world.

When we were on welfare when we first came to this country and lived in the less desirable parts of town we were surrounded by plenty of white people that experienced no privilege from what I saw.

They were equally mentally abused by their parents in to thinking that no matter what you do you are not going to make it out, because the boogey man is going to keep you down. Eventually many just gave up and said why bother and continue the cycle. Its easy to quit when you have a boogey man to blame versus yourself.

I was lucky that my parents saw through that B$ and kept encouraging me to go and get an education. They also told me that life is not fair and don't let others ignorance stop you from accomplishing your goals. Life is full of speed bumps, its up to you when you decide to stop going over them. They refused to allow me to think that it was OK to quit bettering myself because of someone else.

Sure I saw and experienced racism and even till this day I have seen it. However a funny thing happened after I got my college education in a field of study that is highly sought after. I was employed with a good job and I don't give a rats @ss about what ignorant racist people think.

iMO the biggest form of discrimination is ignorance and the lack of money.

You don't have to have an education to overcome ignorance or become formally educated , but you have to have the will and determination to keep trying and accepting that life is not fair instead of harbouring on it.

No matter how hard little white Johny wants the world to be fair , Obamas children are going to have a much more privileged life than he will. Little Johny can either concentrate on the Obamas kids privilge or concentrate on what he needs to do to get his.

Most importantly you also have to be honest with yourself when you fail, otherwise its a true failure.
edit on 161231America/ChicagoMon, 07 Dec 2015 23:16:32 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

First off, both of my bosses are women and one of them is a black woman.

I wish I could hold the same position as THEM.

"White privilege" is just a fancy way to thinly veil anti-white racism. "White privilege" is a myth. There is "RICH privilege" for sure, ever see a rich black man get away with murder?

And finally since you cry that "Social justice does not exist in America."

Please tell us all where it does exist.

I'll wait.

Ever see a rich black man?
Ever see a rich black man get away with murder.

No I have not. And you are emphasizing the word MAN. Arguing with me about social justice. Get real.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Racism is just another vector for the divide and conquer tactic. It is not unlike the Repub-V-Dem 50/50% divide in American politics. Keep everyone fighting against each other and the people will never become organized against the elites. Most of us today are just as easy to BS as our parents were and the controllers are the same bunch as then.

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

yea just about every black athlete, hip hop/ rap performer, black actors, president of the U.S.. plus many everyday black folks that get up and go to work.

Ever see a rich black man get away with murder.

two come to mind, first OJ Simpson, then Sug Knight did for a while.

see the first response

edit on 7-12-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Exactly what I expected out of a first response.

Media, and social white people at it's finest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join