It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism, it's only for "White" people...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AudioOne
Hey, I have a great idea!

Instead of discussing these issues rationally and academically let's all have a huge circle jerk where we each try to sarcastically imitate our straw man version of what we think a liberal will say! The more demeaning and the less realistic the better!

We all know a conservative will start out with the N word.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Why is some "Guy" on the subway even news? 1 opinion out of 350,000,000. Lots of those guys around black and white.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rowdyrich
a reply to: redhorse

Im from Texas and have my own cattle, maybe it's a certain breed but I've most certainly have seen it..

Must be your breed, I worked in the dairy business for many years, and Holsteins are black and white, and all seem to get along.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

All Afrikanners matter... hoo. So does Patsy.

For my end of it, there were a LOT of mornings going
in to trade school on the CNW chooch. YEah, my skin's
white-- but I'm still trying to play bass as well as Markus.

Most of the best friends I ever had during school were
of colour. We still keep in touch, some of us who haven't
moved far away: and I was a freshman at Allied when
Grant Park went ugly in '68. Politics were just as ugly
back then but not nearly to the extent with people.

Things have changed so much since then, it's sad.
I would really give anything to get that time back.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: intrptr

Video title, "Black guy goes crazy on white people"? What would have been 'gone crazy' is the metro cops showing up and shooting the black guy for "going crazy" on the poor white folk.

Then getting away with it.

Your skirting of the issue proves the OP right. Black people claim they are on the receiving end of discrimination left and right, here we have a video of a black man on a public train stating that he hates crackers and he has a big dick and he would # that white woman and them being to scared to react. (Probably out of fear of being labelled racist). Yeah, black people face so much discrimination and are so disadvantaged that they can get away indirectly threatening to rape a white woman on a public train and no one, not even that other black guy that had to have heard all he said did anything about it.

You're just a hypocrite. Someone should send this video to Obama or Al Sharpton and ask them what they think of that video.

You realize this is one man stating his opinion, it is not someone denying someone a job, place to live, or a meal, because of the color of their skin. Folks have lost the meaning of discrimination, but claim hate speak is, but hate speak is protected by the first. The Supreme court has backed that one many times

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

It's also one man's opinion about basically anything when they murder someone for an arbitrary reason.

Your excuses make you look like an idiot.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The problem will never be solved as long as we ignore racism from any group for any reason.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
The problem will never be solved as long as we ignore racism from any group for any reason.

This says everything that needs to be said in one, tightly logical, eloquent statement.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This says everything that needs to be said in one, tightly logical, eloquent statement.

I remember a man who had a dream, wonder what happened to that dream.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have that same dream for my children.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The inane part of this whole "whites experience racism" palaver - is that none of these monumental displays of black on white racism, mention that laws were changed, amended and created to stop the institutionalised racism that deemed it an offence to be sitting in the wrong seat on a bus - effectively creating whole races of humans, persona non grata...not even giving them the vote - prescribing what doorways, toilets, service areas that particular races were to utilise exclusively...

Black on white racism - you poor things...

Å99

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I always found it funny that when I was going through the public school system, they taught us to never call a black person black, that they are African Americans, and by calling them black, we are essentially being racist. I'm sure I'll get flamed for using the word "them," and why is that? Racism?

Take this for example; #blacklivesmatter. Sure they are nuts (oh no I used the word they), especially after all the comments that group made during the Paris attacks. But my point is, black people call themselves black, or like most rap music (or must I go PC for this one too and call it hip-hop as rap means racist) how they use a word that is considered the most racist thing you can say about their race.

When I was growing up, I used to get teased by both black and white for being an Oreo, which is having white and black parents.

People simply need to grow up and quit acting like they are 12. White is white. Black is black. Oreos are Oreos.

Just wait, if this trend continues, and I see no reason why it won't, the next big thing will be how white people are called white and not Caucasian. Then in order to show the world how racist other people are towards whites, they will start calling themselves crackers in country music.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Starred and flagged as this is an important point that sadly gets left out of any discussion of racism far too often.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: nullafides

Black people are honestly the most racist race of people...I'm not joking...

Then you've never been to South East Asia.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: digitalbluco

Blacks call themselves black as you already pointed out - but even further than that, the blacks I've spoken to (no, I don't know the number) have all said they prefer to be referred to as black - or by their names.

I've also called friends 'cracker' and been called 'nigga'...

Terms mean nothing without intention.

I used to think blacks were some of the most racist people, but after moving to Asia, I learned what real racism is. Looking at someone with a dirty look is one thing - truly believing someone is different and a possible threat based on race - that is the problem.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: scorpio84

I know black people who get pissed if you call them AA. They have no connection at all to Africa.

And what do you call a Black European?

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Not talking about any other races or cultures or religions, etc., but only just talking about black people and white people in America, there is a very firmly ingrained belief in this nation that racists are white, and victims of racism are black.

It's considered practically taboo in America to even so much as hint at the fact that black people can be racist.

Honestly, I think that the media and most of general society are afraid -- literally afraid -- of black people. People are afraid of offending them, afraid of not bending over backwards with political correctness to appease them, and just afraid of them all together.

The truth just isn't talked about.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AzerothTraveler
Not talking about any other races or cultures or religions, etc., but only just talking about black people and white people in America, there is a very firmly ingrained belief in this nation that racists are white, and victims of racism are black.

It's considered practically taboo in America to even so much as hint at the fact that black people can be racist.

Honestly, I think that the media and most of general society are afraid -- literally afraid -- of black people. People are afraid of offending them, afraid of not bending over backwards with political correctness to appease them, and just afraid of them all together.

The truth just isn't talked about.

Very true. The fact is, any black person can take a quick racism test: do you think the white man is holding you down? If yes, you're a racist.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Never got that one either, can you tell where you got yours.

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I found a video that completely refutes the premiss of your statement that Racism is a white thing only. IMO there is a bit of racism on both side of the argument. Here is what a black preacher had to say to his congregation.
www.worldstarhiphop.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: madenusa

originally posted by: nullafides

It's funny....I truly only saw racism directed at "white people"...sometimes other minorities as well. And, when I saw it, it was from African Americans.

YOU'RE WHITE!!!!

The kind of thing that could only have been taught to the child.

No, not all African Americans act or behave, let alone believe in these behavior.

But, attention needs to be brought to this sort of thing.

Charlize Theron is one beautiful African American!

Literally >>>>

Charlize Theron may have been born in Africa .... BUT both of her

parents were American? That would make her an *American* who

may or may not have African citizenship.

I myself was born in India of English parents ... Does that make

me Indian?

No that makes me an English person born in another country.

A *person* is the nationality of both their parents and not the

country they were born in.

The term African American in my mind is a racist term conjured

up in some way to assuage the guilt felt by the Americans after

slavery and the early divisions and separations of the black and

white communities.

I think if the "African American" dropped the "American" and took

pride and ownership of their heritage they would feel better for

it, sort of less of a condescending to America.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join