It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters Confront Caitlyn Jenner: 'You're An Insult To Trans People'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Protesters Confront Caitlyn Jenner: 'You're An Insult To Trans People'

Here's some interesting controversy within the transgender community. Apparently Jenner was keyed to speak at the Chicago House Speaker Series. Yet many protesters were upset with this decision saying that she (yes she's a she) is a poor representation of the transgender community because she is a rich, white woman and many transgender people are poor and maybe even homeless.

Jenner was chosen to speak at the Chicago House Speaker Series luncheon for the Chicago House, which helps those affected by HIV/AIDS in the LGBT community, on Thursday.

Some, however, were unhappy about Jenner being the keynote speaker. A group of protesters stood outside to challenge the former Olympian. In the video above, one protester says to Jenner: "You are an insult to trans people, you are an insult to women. You have no right to represent us."

The video shows Jenner approaching one protestor, seemingly attempting to diffuse the situation and telling her she loves her.

“The chaos outside was a great contrast to the uplifting atmosphere inside where Caitlyn had just given her speech,” Chicago radio host Showbiz Shelly told ET. “I thought she handled the situation with poise. By confronting the protesters in the way she did, she emphasized the themes she talked about in her speech. To be respectful, be brave and stand up for what you believe in.”

Here is a facebook post that sums up the anger of these protesters.

Who, you may ask, did they select to speak on the issues facing trans people and especially trans women in our city? Caitlyn Jenner. Caitlyn Jenner, who lives in a mansion and has a net worth of millions of dollars, while the average trans person has a 41 percent chance of experiencing homelessness [sic] and a nearly 50 percent chance of living off less than $10k per year ...

If you think Chicago House’s shameless pandering to the trans community for mediocre representation, embodied by a clueless rich white woman who thinks disenfranchised trans women of color should just pluck themselves up off the street and stop being so lazy, is an insult and a disgrace, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! Meet us in the lobby Thursday to tell Chicago House, Caitlyn Jenner, and all her supporters that Caitlyn Jenner doesn’t represent trans people! Stand up and say: #IAintCait!”

To be honest, I'm not too keen on the woman either. I'm glad she got sex reassignment and she is happy with her decision, but Jenner was an asshole before, and changing your gender doesn't exactly change your temperament. Why did the media forget about this just because Jenner came out as transgender?
Bruce Jenner: Fatal Car Wreck May Be His Fault According To New Evidence

The real story is that Bruce was driving his Cadillac Escalade and hauling an ATV on a trailer when cars in front of him started to slow down on the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, a police source told The Associated Press on Feb. 18.

Unable to stop in time, Bruce rear-ended two cars — one of which was Kim Howe’s Lexus, which was on-coming pushed into traffic. She was killed after her vehicle was hit by a Hummer.

Seriously, there are MUCH better candidates we could look at as good leaders of the transgender community. It also makes me a bit upset that we are allowing social consciousness to excuse someone from having committed a VERY serious crime.
edit on 13-11-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
P.C. Principal says she is brave and beautiful.

On topic, they could have picked a thousand better examples then this fame-whoring jackass.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's the Karcrashian era...

And the people will be force fed these insipid creatures from here on out.
Representation or not.

Creatures being the Karcrashians, not T people.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I remember great praise for "her" courageousness when she came out! Is this Progressive Cannibalism?

Who gets to say who is more trans than anyone else?

Where is the tolerance?

Have a two months supply of popcorn! Never thought Cannibalism would entertain me, but I was wrong!

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Is this the same person who was declared woman of the year? That's an insult to real women.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795

Is this the same person who was declared woman of the year? That's an insult to real women.

And people who matter.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I didn't praise her. I praised her desire to come out as transgender and transition, but I damn well don't support a murderer.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What I have to say is: DON'T BE STUPID!!!!!!!

Yeah, sure - - she is not the best representative - - - but so what!

She is reaching millions of people and helping them understand what transgender is.

She is helping millions of people accept those who don't have the voice and platform.

edit on 13-11-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You know what rhymes with "Caitlyn Jenner's just run into me"...?

Changing gender for publicity.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I like this girl better:
12-Year-Old Transgender Girl, Jazz Inspires Us All

link   

originally posted by: Annee

She is reaching millions of people and helping them understand what transgender is.

She is helping millions of people accept those who don't have the voice and platform.

Shut up and accept the gift. Because that's what it is.

Exactly!

But that is not good enough! Is it because "she" used to be a "White" "Male"? Wrong color? Too wealthy?

Tolerance and the use of the word is becoming a huge ass joke!

link   

While simultaneously promoting a reality television show.

Altruism factor = zero point zero.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
If it wasn't for Ray J, no one would know of these people except for Track & Field fans and people who followed the OJ Simpson trial.

link   
I think they have a point. Jenner is rich. She probably has loads of hollywood/L.A. uber-liberal friends that would have backed her if she had done the switch-up in secrecy. Or if the kardashians never became famous. How did they even get that horrible show? They must of had connections to start with.

Anyway, my point is that she was never in danger or at risk of anything. She is not courageous. Courage would be going transgender in a low-income community, where you have to ride the bus everyday and constantly get sh!t for being a he/she.

It's the glorification of rich and boring people. I don't understand it.
edit on 13-11-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

link   
Nice. In this world, someone's always going to be unhappy about something and look at the negative and get media and'or social media attention for it. Best thing for Ms Jenner, and everyone else who want to stay sane, to do is to tune them out and live his or her life.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I like this girl better:
12-Year-Old Transgender Girl, Jazz Inspires Us All

Yes, but there is something really unique about Jenner because of her age.

A message of: "It's Never Too Late".

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

While simultaneously promoting a reality television show.

Altruism factor = zero point zero.

So what!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Well there are plenty of struggling older people who transitioned they could tap for this role. Do we really need Jenner for it? Wouldn't it be better to have a more down to earth person represent your group instead of a pseudo-celebrity reality tv star who could be doing this just for attention?

link   

So what!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was a self-promoting jackass and now she is one as well. Jenner only cares about Jenner.

They want someone to speak to the challenges of being transgender? Find someone who is relatable and can generate empathy.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Shut up and accept the gift. Because that's what it is.

Exactly!

But that is not good enough! Is it because "she" used to be a "White" "Male"? Wrong color? Too wealthy?

Tolerance and the use of the word is becoming a huge ass joke!

Some people will never be satisfied - - no matter what.

"Bite the Hand that Feeds You" - - is not a new stupidity.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join