It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The BBC just published this article....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Go fund me is the only solution here.

Let's make that dream come true pals.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

OK - I'm super pissed at this Pete. You can sue the BBC for Libel.

You must fight fire with fire. The BBC has just been caught outright lying to further a propaganda agenda and I would like to think that, in this instance, they have chosen the wrong individual to use as their scapegoat.

Get permission from Bill / Mark to do a survey of what ATS membership thinks of you then make a YT video adding it, plus the resultant comments within the poll thread professing your TrueSelf to show the bastards and the world that the BBC are liars.

From Bill and Marks permission, also have the video added to ATS Facebook, Twitter and get Joe from NLBS to do a segment on this and interview you.

Bring out the big guns - fight these bastards.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Looks like they "picked" the wrong lock(smith) to mess with THIS time!

Yeah, TrueBrit, Let's not get too "unhinged" about this but I really do think you have a "handle" on this. I'm sure we can "lock" in a win here for a positive outcome.

Hopefully this liar will have the Police "knocking on his (back)door" for fraud soon.

Let's recap on the "key" points here:

No evidence.

False witness.

One sided story.
edit on 29-10-2015 by socketdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Doesn't often pop up as an idea in the English psyche but I have just read and from my bad knowledge it looks like Brit can indeed sue for libel, and I (perhaps naively) would imagine that if you have text evidence to support your non-homophobia, you are pretty much a dead cert. Even if the gent in question was an offended gay party, him being offended does not constitute an 'offense to a protected group', i.e. LGBTQ+, just him, if proven that you aren't a homophobe. (as is the case)

Again, maybe neively, one would only hope that your non-issue to acceptance and embracing of such a group would cement your claim.

edit on 29/10/2015 by Learningman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ok, this is such a load a horse crud..

I mean, if this is 'going forward' for society I can see some disturbing similar cases in the future.
Now, I have much love for all - gays included. But I think many of us have seen a couple of gay folk prove their point in front of people who are upset with gay couples. How? With a loving very much "in your face" style of kissing each other just to rile up their combatants.
Now to me, that's fine and dandy - peaceful protest by them. But I unfortunately know many who get utterly disgusted by such displays.

So, have they just opened the floodgates? I can imagine many bitter, mainly elderly and repressed, starting similar cases against gays who have committed 'taunting with flaunting' in front of them.

What about a guy tying his best to ask out a girl, and she blows him off with a 'talk to the hand' gesture? My god, she's just ruined his life, get ready to open your wallet girl.

I am just astounded that this crap got through. Everybody just needs to lighten up, it needs to start in school with the opposite of what is being taught now. There HAS to be classes on 'coping with being offended'. Otherwise we're all going to be walking around hidden under sheets in silence standing no closer than 2 meters apart.

Argh.. The stupidity.
Truebrit, if you need to take a break and get away from the UK hit me up on PM and I'll house and feed you downunder for an extended holiday and we can make hoping 'gestures' at the kangaroos in peace.

EDIT; Just reading the other top ATS threads, and wouldn't you know it www.abovetopsecret.com... "Lesbian Couple Files Lawsuit After Hawaii Cop Arrested Them For Kissing".
edit on 29-10-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I would argue its less about such 'in your face gays', which i just tell to piss off and get a room, but rather the fact that in todays climate, much can be claimed unter LGBTQ+ protection. Not to dismiss the real gay/gender issues, but much like 'terrorism', many things can be done under the guise thereof.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Whoa... I couldn't even begin to imagine what you're going through! From reading yours posts I would stereotype you as a the classic polite and witty Brit, who enjoys the ale! Never would I imagine you to be the obvious bigoted jag off in that BBC article! I bet you never thought you'd experience such maliciousness, who would?!

Couple of questions,

1- Can you appeal and hire a proper team capable of doing their job and tell your side of story or at least file a counter lawsuit?

2- Has the BBC or any other outlet contacted you for your side of the story?

If the answer to number 2 is no then I suggest you contact them tomorrow. At this point, you unfortunately have to defend yourself.

At the end of the day all things happen for a reason so perhaps there's a bright side in your future.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Don't get me wrong, I love that style of protest. I was just using it as an example that if gestures are enough to be sued for, it becomes open slather from almost anyone in any direction. There are many groups in multi-cultural societies these days that hate all forms of public affection, this absurd case practically hands them ridiculous powers.

Ricky Gervaise (love him or hate him), has been asked how he gets away with the humour he does. Even he doesn't know, his stuff can be highly offensive, not sure if this video is postable within t&c's, but the first time I saw it, I admit I may have laughed, then quickly covered my mouth once it hit home how offensive it was, later on I was disgusted.

How does he get away with a joke like this scot free? I guess sometimes we all like to be shocked and offended, I strongly think that coping with being offended is THE most important thing that is needed now to ensure a society based on free speech can even hope to survive.
So, while highly offensive it's very important to be allowed to continue values we were once taught. The pendulum needs to quickly swing back, otherwise this clock is breaking.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've read the complete thread and truly believe you are innocent. But my gut feeling is telling me there is something more to this story...

Who is this guy? I would be interested to hear about your interactions with this guy in the past..

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

My deep sympathies.

Unfortunately, this is a natural consequence of the Marxist takeover of the Western world; that someone like yourself could be a victim of this politically extremist injustice demonstrates that none of us are safe.

A shockingly partial article...but could you expect better from the BBC?

In a sane world, this would be a storm in a teacup, even if you were guilty.

Apart from the financial ruin, your anonymity has been blown away.

I'm so sorry.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The dailymail has now picked up on the story.

Of the 10 reader comments so far, most are in support of TrueBrit, even when they believe the official story.

Daily Mail Article on TrueBrit's Crime

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Slightly off topic, but I think it's cool to see someone work in a traditional role -- I mean, seriously? A locksmith? How cool is that? I really, really, really hope your wife is like a candle-stick maker or something.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
sorry to hear about your troubles. you have never struck me as anything but well spoken and tolerant.
edit on 29-10-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

My only advice to you would be to put this behind you and move on, or fight like hell to clear your name.

Yes.

TB; honey, you need to counter-sue. This has not only harmed your business, but also damaged you personally and emotionally. The guy said he suffered "anxiety, but I already had a lot of anxiety". So, how does one measure that? Did he have physicians testify to this? Was he hospitalized because of anxiety directly caused by this alleged incident? Did he bring in witnesses who also saw some of these behaviors, or was he the only witness? Were there other customers in the store when he came in you can call, who witnessed none of the alleged behaviors?

He couldn't possibly have suffered more than you are now.

SUE his ass, and sue the attorney who represented you for incompetent counsel.

Sue him for damages, find an attorney willing to fight for you. Now that this has the media's attention a lawyer will take the case for the publicity. They love this kind of thing.

eta: A comment on the article:

Farmer Giles, Truro, about an hour ago

Where is the evidence that this bloke blew kisses to him? Was there video, photographic or independent eye-witness evidence or have they decided to believe this one bloke because he's special, therefore his word is law?

I agree! Did he actually have to prove his case? Or was it his word only? It's NOT JUSTICE.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... tml#ixzz3q0j8qmXR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 10/29/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
For the record...

Although my numbers don't show it, I have been reading on this site for over 10 years. And one of the ATS peeps I had and will continue to read material from, no matter the topic, is "the accused", Mr. TrueBrit.
THE main reason why I read, appreciate and look forward to his material AND comments.....is because of his MANNERS.
When I finally signed up to this site almost a year ago....Mr. TrueBrit was the FIRST to welcome me, answer a few questions, offered up much needed help and was more than willing to do so.
I don't know this dude (TrueBrit) personally, don't email, text, talk on the phone, hang out, NOTHING....nor does he have a FN clue who I am, where I'm from or what kind of microwavable pop corn I prefer.

After all I've experienced with this dude (TrueBrit), from years of reading, his help, and most of all, HIS MANNERS.....I ain't buying what the BBC is selling.

Somebody ain't doing their homework before tossing accusations around or writing "stories".

I'm wishing you the best Brit.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
There wouldn't happen to be anything in or near the shop or on your person that would identify you as a Christian would there?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Very sad to hear how they are portraying you in the media. You need help with any statements from this site proclaiming you are not what they claim you to be as well as the man suing, myself and sure many others will be willing to help. For the record have never seen this member act in an uncalled for manner as described.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Wondering if anyone of them will pick up the fact that you're a member of this site?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I really don't believe TB did this and if he did, the fact that he was sued and lost amazes and infuriates me.

Hand gestures??? Seriously?? Blew kisses?

Wtf? And I do mean WT actual F???

How is that damaging to anyone? Imagine any of us getting sued for flipping someone off on the way home... Maybe they are even gay and you didn't know it... Then what?

Wtf...

Next it'll be rolling the eyes, clearing your throat, breathing...

The world is full of people who disagree with many, many different things about many, many different folks. Things like this are over the top and certainly don't help the situation. It breeds more hostility and hate than it fixes IMO.

Everyone start keeping a chart on the folks you flip off or roll your eyes at to make sure it's balanced.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Imagine any of us getting sued for flipping someone off on the way home...

Truck drivers would make a fortune off of me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join