It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Carson is a Creationist

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Funny how no one is talking about policy, just his religious views.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Step Pyramid Complex in Saqqara Egypt. and grain storage

books.google.com... wU&sig=ZGZE3AGasDBXAFG47NdhuTvSrQY&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CFkQ6AEwDWoVChMIgMeKifn5yAIVRP5jCh3ktA7T#v=onepage&q=The%20Step%20Pyramid%20Complex%20in%20Saqqara% 20Egypt.%20and%20grain%20storage&f=false
edit on 5-11-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: masqua

And Obama carried all those good luck charms in his pocket, so if we nit pick about every quirky belief, someone in offices has, might as well have a King.

some of the pagans posting here wouldn't mind a pagan president.

elves it'd make sense they'd support a pagan president no? wouldn't mind at least?

The thing is, who is there left to vote for?

People are strange. Ya know?

edit on 5-11-2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How can you take policy matters seriously when the person thinks the Earth is only 6000 years old and the pyramids were built by Joseph and used for grain storage because it's in the Bible.

www.rawstory.com...

Don't let your ideology get in the way of your common sense.

Conservatives can be dumb ***** too you know.
edit on 5-11-2015 by olaru12 because: #$^YEH&**

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That's the topic of the thread which a mod has instructed everyone to adhere to.

But he doesn't have much of a grasp of policy either.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Grain storage?!
Jesus H Christ on a skateboard, that is ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

His religious views color his perception of reality, and therefore influence his decision making process and judgement.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Which candidates do not believe in creation?

What were the pyramids built for?

Do you have evidence that shows grain was never stored in the pyramids?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

His religious views color his perception of reality, and therefore influence his decision making process and judgement.

How are his views any different than the current potus or those before him?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

That's a poor argument. Do you have proof that Stonehenge hasn't been used as a picknick spot? If not (by your logic) then Stonehenge's purpose must have been a picknick spot!

As to the pyramids not storing grain -- we have no proof of that, but we do have proof they were used as burial chambers:

“Pyramids were definitely used as tombs: burial equipment, such as sarcophagi, jewelry, mummies or mummy parts were found in some of them. (The others were robbed in antiquity, or in a few cases the burial chambers are below the water table.)”

Further proof they were tombs, not silos, is funerary text inscriptions inside chambers built around 2375 to ca 2160 B.C.E., to help the dead king in his journey to the afterworld, says Sweeney.

Israeli Experts: No, Ben Carson, the Pyramids Were Tombs, Not Grain Silos

Furthermore, the article goes on to state that there is no evidence of Joseph or Jewish people building them at all:

There is no evidence whatsoever that the pyramids were built by “Joseph” or anybody else except unhappy Egyptian farmers who, as the Nile flooded each year, had to leave their fields and would be coerced into construction projects, explains Prof. Orly Goldwasser, an Egyptologist from the Hebrew University.

Goldwasser also notes that pyramids began to be built some 5,000 years ago, and there is no record whatsoever of ancient Canaanites or Israelites or anybody but ancient Egyptians being around to do the labor. “The first mention of Israelites was in around 1200 B.C.E. – a difference of more than 1,000 years,” she says.

Nor is there any mention of “Joseph” in ancient Egyptian texts, Goldwasser clarifies. “The pyramids have no connection to the people of Israel or anything of the sort,” she concludes.

I think Jewish archaeologists would be the ones to know if their own people had been slave in Egypt and helped build the pyramids.
edit on 5-11-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Well let's see..

Compared to Ben Carson who is a creationist, we have Obama who:

President Obama also does believe in evolution and supports teaching it in public school classrooms. He has also declared that intelligent design and creationism should not be taught in a science classroom as they are more religion and faith based.

about.com

So there you go, there's a difference right there.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Which candidates do not believe in creation?

What were the pyramids built for?

Do you have evidence that shows grain was never stored in the pyramids?

You just showed us the fast track to credibility erasure. I don't know why I even bother responding.
Does Dr. Ben's ideas fit in to your Cosmology? Probably eh?

Not mine!

edit on 5-11-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I never claimed any proof. I never claimed anything about Stonehenge because I was not randomly selecting topics to interject. Yes the burial chamber has been proven but falls short of explaining the pyramids as a whole. Much is still debated about the burial chamber theory and storage of grain could have easily been done there.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Well let's see..

Compared to Ben Carson who is a creationist, we have Obama who:

President Obama also does believe in evolution and supports teaching it in public school classrooms. He has also declared that intelligent design and creationism should not be taught in a science classroom as they are more religion and faith based.

about.com

So there you go, there's a difference right there.

No you again interject theories as fact unless you have evidence that ben carson wants to remove evolution from schools then you have a weak point that very well could be completely false.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You asked if we had proof the pyramids weren't used for grain storage, as some sort of attempt to show that means that they could have been used as grain storage.

I suggested that since we have no proof Stonehenge was used as a picknick spot, that it could have been a picknick spot.

I'm following your lines of logic ...

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I don't know why I even bother responding.

Very good question considering you said nothing really.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Exactly, I don't mind if a president subscribes to a religion per sey, but when it is something this fundamental and goes against so much available science, it worries me.

To me it shows his faith could very much get in the way of his decision making about this country if he was leading it.

Creation is OT stuff right?

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You asked:

How are his views any different than the current potus

And in reply I showed you that Obama believes in evolutionary theory, he is not a creationist like Ben Carson.

As you can see, Obama's views are different when compared to Ben Carson's.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You asked if we had proof the pyramids weren't used for grain storage, as some sort of attempt to show that means that they could have been used as grain storage.

I suggested that since we have no proof Stonehenge was used as a picknick spot, that it could have been a picknick spot.

I'm following your lines of logic ...

No you are not following my line of logic.

The thing you forgot is that the theory had roots in a biblical interpretation and the Stonehenge concept was born from your own imagination. I get the point you make unfairly.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

... He thinks evolution is the work of the devil.

I would bet my big toe he wants it out of schools, or at the very least he doesn't want it to be taught as the best possible explanation as it is taught today.

To me, it seems he would rather have creation taught over evolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join