It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida’s New Anti-Gay, Anti-Woman Bill May Be the Most Malicious Yet

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
WHADAYA say now?
www.redflagnews.com...

Exactly. But, no, this isn't about Christians. Lol. Thanks for the link Cav. Why doesn't the gay community protest Muslims. They are more openly anti-gay.

No one is protesting Christians, despite the unending victim complexes.

Some Americans have stood up for their equal rights and won.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper
This bill is all-inclusive. It opens the door for Christians, Muslims, and any other religion to discriminate based solely on their faith.
edit on 29-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

WHADAYA say now?
www.redflagnews.com...

I'd say your fringe blog is rehashing wingnutter hype from last April.

The Crowder videos were heavily edited (now, where have we heard that before) and featured individuals pretending to be gay by acting in absurd caricatures of what they imagine "being gay" is like, if Mr. Crowder had taken the bakery to court there would have been media coverage, percentage of American Christians 80%, percentage of American Muslims 0.8%, many of the Muslim bakeries agreed to bake the cake (these did not get shown), etc. etc. Fraud, lies and victimology.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

And of course we take YOUR word on all that?

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

And of course we take YOUR word on all that?

Nope. You should always question everything you read, and discover the facts.

EDIT: Here's the basis for my claims; sorry, I really thought I posted these links.

Muslims Featured in Video Say it Mischracterizes Them

In the video Crowder is shown at Golden Bakery on Warren Avenue asking for a wedding cake for a same sex couple.
A Golden Bakery employee said he told Crowder to go across the street to Hallab Bakery for the order, because Golden Bakery does not make wedding cakes.

The employee, who did not want to be identified, said Crowder misrepresented him and others in the video.

“I kept explaining why we don’t make wedding cakes here, but he didn’t show that part in the video,” the employee said. “I am only upset because what he did is not right. He is accusing us of something we never did.”

RIGHTIES GO CRAZY OVER VIDEO OF MUSLIM BAKERIES REFUSING TO MAKE A CAKE FOR A GAY WEDDING (VIDEO)

The video is so heavily edited that it is actually hard to tell what is going on. A gay man, or one who is playing a gay stereotype more likely, tells bakers that he wants a cake for the wedding of two men. One baker does appear to be telling the man that he will not make the cake, but in the other cases it’s not totally clear. In one instance, after the man describes what he wants on the cake, the woman behind the counter appears to say “ok.”

ETC ETC
edit on 22Thu, 29 Oct 2015 22:08:31 -050015p1020151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I won't do YOUR end of the debate for you.
I show my info and prove it with what I find if your opinion is so bankrupt of backing information it's your issue.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I won't do YOUR end of the debate for you.
I show my info and prove it with what I find if your opinion is so bankrupt of backing information it's your issue.

I corrected that; see above.

Your end of the "debate" consisted of one pithy comment and a link to a blog dredging up an old video.

You provided nothing to substantiate anything ... you just posted a link and said the equivalent of "Ah ha gotcha!"

I've corrected my oversight; I look forward to your correction of yours.
edit on 22Thu, 29 Oct 2015 22:13:24 -050015p1020151066 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

People are so ignorantly and willfully blind, this isn't about any particular Religion. this is about a purposed bill that would allow Medical, “a health care facility,” “an ambulatory surgery center,” “a nursing home,” “an assisted living facility,” “a hospice etc to discriminate based on their Religious beliefs. any "Religious Belief"

No one is "Attacking" the Christians, and those Freedoms, the First Amendment ones you yell about but pretend the 14th doesn't exist

this wouldn't only affect GLBTQ+ people, this could affect Woman and even different Races. lets say an Interracial Couple, or a Single Woman with a Child etc

People say we always make it about us and our "Gay Agenda" yet all i hear is "Attacking Religion" and "PC"

I understand no one knows how this feels until it happens to you, but it happens to us consistently, it is easy to say "Go to another place" but this is not about Cake, this bill is including Medical and Health providers. this is about trying to strip our dignity away again

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

this wouldn't only affect GLBTQ+ people, this could affect Woman and even different Races. lets say an Interracial Couple, or a Single Woman with a Child etc

It's even more vile than that (and these holy folks don't recognize it) ... Muslims don't have to serve Christians, Atheists don't have to help Jews, etc. It could even serve as the basis for institution of Sharia law in some circumstances.

But the good Christians in Florida will bend over backwards (LOL) to try to get back at "the gays" merely for insisting on being treated like human beings and American citizens.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Exactly!

No one can see past the "Gay" not realizing this could directly affect them as well

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

NO ,I find your sites are to your bias.
Therefore NOT verifiable.
edit on 29-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

NO ,I find your sites are to your bias.
Therefore NOT verifiable.

So, no comments about any particular claims, no counter evidence or even any evidence at all to support your ... oh wait, you didn't say anything about the video ... no comments about testimonies DIRECTLY FROM THE PEOPLE IN THE VIDEO?

I'm not surprised. Enjoy your night, Cav.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

You really want to talk about sources and bias?

Look at yours first.

Sorry you got duped by a 6 month old video.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Do YOU want the Washington Post ?
THEY did the same story I showed you.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Do YOU want the Washington Post ?
THEY did the same story I showed you.

Don't worry about it Cav.

You can't verify the statements of the very people who were featured in the video when they say "this is not what happened."

No evidence of any kind is going to sway your belief.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Steven Crowder is a conservative Comedian, he even said many of the Bakeries were Kind and would serve him...

Does that State have Anti-Discrimination Laws?

Since all of you are so Hooked on Cake and that is your only Argument, you do Realize that the Bakery in Colorado had Anti-Discrimination laws that Included Sexual-Orientation, that is the only reason they were allowed to sue

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I get that this is super important, BUT you do realize that demonic piece of trash president funds ISIS, who actually MURDERS gays and women, DAILY. I think that would be the first priority of someone worried about these groups of people, to stop them from being murdered by king Hussein obozos army.

Not that I would support this bill, just seems pretty petty when compared to the president funding the murder of these groups.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

Of course it is an important issue, just like those getting Murdered in Uganda, and that was heavily influenced by American Christians.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

This thread is about a specific thing. So we are discussing that thing. It's erroneous to assume members don't care about other issues based on this thread discussion. Unless of course they said something to substantiate that.

I don't agree this issue is petty simply because there are larger issues in the World. Comparing things in that manner is a vehicle for apathy.

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

This idea that one can legislate morality frightens me so much. I will never understand it nor the notion that in order for one group of people to have rights and freedoms another group of people must have their rights and freedoms infringed upon. It's so backwards to me.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join