It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Ready To Use Military Force If US Violates Its Territorial Waters

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: SurrenderingIsBack
a reply to: Xtrozero

I understand you preliminary statements. .

. . . but You're NOT a student of Global economics. If you were, you wouldn't be so cocky.

Much respect.

Very true, but before China it was Korea, before Korea it was Japan. Today there are many countries like Ireland etc wanting to take bites out of China's market. What drives this is when a population reaches a point of middle class the American consumer machine moves on to another part that is not there yet since the cost gores up.

China's middle class is now the biggest in the world, and growing much faster than America's, according to research by Credit Suisse.

Middle Class

With China's decades of fake growth of 10% and they are entering the middle class world they will become obsolete for American business, just as Korea and Japan has done. You are correct, I'm not a student of global economics, but I been around long enough to see how things work. The funny part is China has invested a lot into Africa because even they see it coming. America is very fickle, they can retool in an instant, and we have seen this over and over.

edit on 31-1-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

LoL - You don't see Chinese surviving???

Imagine Americans on Black Friday fighting over non-cheap Chinese products so they can survive for a week. . .

Meanwhile, united states allies are drowning in their own turmoil this time around & can't act as our "relief valve" to economic "pressures".

You're funny.
edit on 31-1-2016 by SurrenderingIsBack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Please, enlighten our ATS members of which u.s. ally country thats not TITANICALLY SINKING which would manufacture united states goods at China's cheap rates. . .

That is my point... China can not sustain their cheap rates, so we move on to another underdeveloped country(s). Once again what does China provide us that is not just a luxury?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Too bad all of united states allies are drowning?

Any HISTORY reports on that?

#Whathappensnext

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You tell me - Provide the details.

What other country can offer cheaper rates?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Please DON'T go over the united states economy & it's manipulation. . .

Should I refer to the Student loans of its future? Who don't have employment nor its Veterans. I can go on & on & on. . .

Be a realist & understand what its in front of you.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

LoL - You don't see Chinese surviving???

They will survive, but will go the way or Korea and Japan has, but because of their communistic nature to create a fake growth they will take a HUGE hit to over come it. I'll tell you this, in the next 5 years will not be pretty for China. Mark this down so you can come back to me and tell me I'm wrong.

Imagine Americans on Black Friday fighting over non-cheap Chinese products so they can survive for a week. . .

When you got 5000 bucks in your pocket how do you act compared to 50 bucks? When it comes down to Black Friday and you got 50 bucks all you think about is getting a full tank of gas and some food, screw Black Friday. How fast do you think it would take Apple to move to another country, I say 6 months and they are right back on target. I would not be shocked if all these companies are not already looking and planning.

Meanwhile, united states allies are drowning in their own turmoil this time around & can't act as our "relief valve" to economic "pressures".

Very true and we saw it coming, but they are still not us and their issues are not ours. I know where you are coming from, but even a huge hit on Wall Street will not affect 60% of Americans.

edit on 31-1-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Please DON'T go over the united states economy & it's manipulation. . .

Should I refer to the Student loans of its future? Who don't have employment nor its Veterans. I can go on & on & on. . .

Be a realist & understand what its in front of you.

Student loans is an internal issue of colleges selling something that does not pay off as they promised. I'm a vet, so what is your point in that part? Once again these are internal issues not associated with China.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Please, enlighten our ATS members of which u.s. ally country thats not TITANICALLY SINKING which would manufacture united states goods at China's cheap rates. . .

It is not "ally countries" it is countries with a population that would love to have 30 bucks a month income, that is my point. China is growing out of that stage and so we will move on to countries that do have people willing to work for 30 bucks a month.

I don't think you get it. Korea and Japan were such countries at one time too. China was the last few decades, and as fast as we left Korea and Japan we will leave China. Africa, India, South America, other Far East counties all come to mind.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

OMG- this naivety proves I'm correct.

How long will this "replacement" take place?

“Sabotaging peace”: US warship around Chinese claimed island
US warship sails near island claimed by China in South China Sea

“The American warship has violated relevant Chinese laws by entering Chinese territorial waters without prior permission, and the Chinese side has taken relevant measures including monitoring and admonishments,” it said.

Do you like speaking w/ an Indie during customer service calls?

You like outsourcing your problems? How well will that reflect on your fearless u.s. leaders???

It's YOU that doesn't get it - my friend. . . You enjoy outsourcing your issues to others yet complain when you lose your meal-ticket. . . Loss of self manufacturing & "know-how".

Oh, and the future over in that region:
"Pandora's Box Is Open": Why Japan May Have Started A 'Silent Bank Run'

I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

OMG- this naivety proves I'm correct.

How long will this "replacement" take place?

“Sabotaging peace”: US warship around Chinese claimed island
US warship sails near island claimed by China in South China Sea

I'm missing your point here. I'm saying we do not need China except for our cheap luxury and you post basically something that supports my views in China can be replaced and most likely will as they become too expensive.

Do you like speaking w/ an Indie during customer service calls?

You like outsourcing your problems? How well will that reflect on your fearless u.s. leaders???

It's YOU that doesn't get it - my friend. . . You enjoy outsourcing your issues to others yet complain when you lose your meal-ticket. . . Loss of self manufacturing & "know-how".

Hmmm now you go in a different direction and once again this is an internal issue. Like or dislike has nothing to do with it. I would love for my Government to force jobs back to America, but there are repercussions to that such as increase cost of those items. I'm a realist though and I do not see companies coming back unless there is profit to gain. This is also why they will leave China, profit to gain.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It is not "ally countries" it is countries with a population that would love to have 30 bucks a month income, that is my point. China is growing out of that stage and so we will move on to countries that do have people willing to work for 30 bucks a month.

I don't think you get it. Korea and Japan were such countries at one time too. China was the last few decades, and as fast as we left Korea and Japan we will leave China. Africa, India, South America, other Far East counties all come to mind.

Yes, anybody who was around in the 1980's know that the Japan was China at that point. Plenty of made in Japan jokes, Hollywood movies showing Japan buying up the US etc. Then of course Japan hit the point they had to covert into a modern economy because wages had gotten high enough that making stuff cheap was no longer possible. China is reaching that point as well. There are many alternatives like India, many of the Asian States, most of central or South America, Africa etc. One of them will step up and be the next China. How China weathers its transition into a modern economy will be key. It is never easy. This is of course not something that people who have not seen before understand. The one thing we have always seen in the global market is if somebody has money to spend on stuff somebody will step up and fulfill that need.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Yes, anybody who was around in the 1980's know that the Japan was China at that point. Plenty of made in Japan jokes, Hollywood movies showing Japan buying up the US etc. Then of course Japan hit the point they had to covert into a modern economy because wages had gotten high enough that making stuff cheap was no longer possible. China is reaching that point as well. There are many alternatives like India, many of the Asian States, most of central or South America, Africa etc. One of them will step up and be the next China. How China weathers its transition into a modern economy will be key. It is never easy. This is of course not something that people who have not seen before understand. The one thing we have always seen in the global market is if somebody has money to spend on stuff somebody will step up and fulfill that need.

I suggested the same thing with how people are saying our oil companies in America will fail and hit our economy hard. Once oil is back to 80 bucks or higher a 100 oil companies will spring up over night. Companies can retool in an extremely short period of time when profit is hit. I remember when Japan was buying up the world one acre at a time hehe. Many Asian countries still have the rule that 51% of anything must be owned by a citizen of that country due to this, but boy it sure bit Japan in the ass didn't it...lol

The interesting part is the communism aspect with China and how they been faking their 10% plus growth per year for decades that they can no long sustain.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
China cannot afford a war. All that buildup and posturing is just to gain leverage when TPTB sit to bargain the region. Oil companies and other industries would pay millions to whoever has control of the disputed areas. Eventually if push comes to shove...there won't be a war. There will be negotiations among the neighboring countries about who gets much of what. And since China has the bigger hold in there...she gets 60% of everything...or even 70%...with the remaining countries getting 20% and the U.S. 10% for being the broker. Russia gets a percentage from China for backing her up.

It's all business folks. Plain and simple business.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: monkeyluv

Devils advocate it isn't MY wish.
I'm describing oligarchs here.

That's what I've been doing from the start.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   

China is feeling the pain, they are not the only country on the planet to produce our cheap goods... what happens when all those goods are cheaper in South America, as example...Bye bye China... One thing to remember is China goods are a luxury not a need.....

From what I gathered, the U.S. and China are dependent on each other, and both are major trading partners of Asian countries. That's why either could barely act when the other engaged in military intervention, etc.

The catch is that China, together with the rest of BRICS and forty emerging markets, have been engaging in trade, and now with less use of the dollar. This can be seen with the formation of a new multinational bank, oil bourses that accept various currencies, etc.

The only way that the U.S. can counter this is through military intervention, but it has either failed (as seen in Iraq and Afghanistan) or is encountering pressure from competitors (as in the case of Russia in Syria).

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
China cannot afford a war. All that buildup and posturing is just to gain leverage when TPTB sit to bargain the region. Oil companies and other industries would pay millions to whoever has control of the disputed areas. Eventually if push comes to shove...there won't be a war. There will be negotiations among the neighboring countries about who gets much of what. And since China has the bigger hold in there...she gets 60% of everything...or even 70%...with the remaining countries getting 20% and the U.S. 10% for being the broker. Russia gets a percentage from China for backing her up.

It's all business folks. Plain and simple business.

China was not interested in engaging in warfare for the last few years or so, i.e., given over two trillion dollars in forex reserves which it had been using to strike economic deals with various countries, from African, Middle Eastern, and South American countries to Australia in terms of mining rights, food production, etc. But it has a growing military, and the only way it can justify spending is to set up listening posts, etc., in the Asian region, even as it maintains its status as a major trading partners of affected countries.

The U.S., meanwhile, can barely act, which is why it did nothing when China started incursions in the area almost two decades ago.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I suggested the same thing with how people are saying our oil companies in America will fail and hit our economy hard. Once oil is back to 80 bucks or higher a 100 oil companies will spring up over night. Companies can retool in an extremely short period of time when profit is hit. I remember when Japan was buying up the world one acre at a time hehe. Many Asian countries still have the rule that 51% of anything must be owned by a citizen of that country due to this, but boy it sure bit Japan in the ass didn't it...lol

The interesting part is the communism aspect with China and how they been faking their 10% plus growth per year for decades that they can no long sustain.

Oil companies have to cover over half-a-trillion dollars in debt repayments during the next five years. Given that, when oil prices go up and new companies emerged, they will have new owners. My guess is that many of them will be controlled by oligarchs in BRICS and emerging markets.

Japan has been failing badly for more than a decade, and is now resorting to negative interest rates.

Finally, China is not Communist, and the growth rate is made possible using tactics similar to those employed in the U.S.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

That is my point... China can not sustain their cheap rates, so we move on to another underdeveloped country(s). Once again what does China provide us that is not just a luxury?

Actually, that's what China has been doing, i.e., outsourcing to developing countries. That's why many of them in the Asian region are major trading partners of China.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingIsBack

You didn't call me out on anything as it doesn't pertain to what I said.

Try again.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join