It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investigation Reveals Dogs Burned by Sun, Not Acid

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yeah sure but it's all irrelevant because they look nothing like acid burns.

They look more like extreme carpet burns.

That skin has been exposed to heat and burned...

It hasn't melted under the presence of solvents.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Nope, I don't think it is a sunburn. This is what chronic sunburn looks like on a dog.

I have a pitbull like you do. She has gotten sunburn before. The nose and belly start first since they have the least fur. Majority of these dogs have healthy noses, only burnt backs. Plus if you get a dog quick without something caustic, you don't need to stay around after the fact, for it to have its effect.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I think I may have found a lead.
These are 2 of the dogs in question. Notice their noses are healthy. but notice their scars.

Now look at this picture. These 2 dogs are totally unrelated to this incident.

These scars look very similar. no? This is what happens when someone sprays their dog with hot water from the garden hose. It gets hot as balls in the Antelope Valley, and this started in late July/ Early August. I thinking someone like a mobile car washer could have done it. They carry water in the back of their truck or trailer and I see them use black hoses alot of times. I would imagine water sitting in those black hoses could get scalding hot pretty quick when the outside air temperature is 100+ F. That would make him mobile and able to hit many strays spread around. Probably pulls up, blasted them, and drive away without the dogs even knowing what him em.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

That looks about right. Thinned out hair, spotted sore marks large red inflamed areas and first degree burns mixed in. I'll point out even when humans get sun burn to the second degree level you'll still show larger signs of a first degree. Not a this spot of fine and this spot is on fire.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Maybe some put some diluted acid in a Frontline or flea med applicator. Would explain the strip down the back. Poor pups.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
past weather report for the LA area.

Past LA weather

so about 86F as the average for LA when the reports came in.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So they found someone importants kid did this and it is to be covered up, great! No way in H**l this was the sun! They must think people are pretty stupid to buy that!

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Could someone be doing this with a fresnel lens (big magnifying glass)?

That could explain the sun burn explanation. It would only take mere seconds with a fresnel lens to burn anything that bad.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What kind of a numbnuts came up with sunburn ?...Are we to believe these dogs just laid on their tummies while burning away ?
Something stinks about this story....

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Are these dogs affected stray dogs or do any of them have owners? Just curious on that.

What about a magnifying glass? Would this cause that type of burn? Not sure how you could get a dog to sit still long enough to stripe the back like that though. Drugged?

Theliewelive beat me to it! *

I'm also curious about the mobile car washer like someone else posted. Can the water in n the tanks get that hot?
edit on 16-10-2015 by Cricketine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cricketine

They have all been strays.
And I was just spit-balling ideas about the mobile car washer. I figured if the police don't know where to start, maybe I'd have some ideas.
It's the water that stays inside the hose that gets scalding hot. Until the ambient water comes through it is hot enough to burn bad. Look at the 3rd post on the second page. The 2nd picture is of burns by hose water.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I trained as a vet tech in the Army, and I never heard of such a thing as burns of that degree, caused by the sun!! Never. Never saw such a thing, either. We have kept dogs, and had one in Florida, where the UV index is quite high compared to most places. The dog spent plenty of time outdoors, and was never burned.

I'd like to see the evidence that convinced them this was sun damage. I cold see it not being a chemical, maybe, because that would leave traces, but as for sun, all they could prove is heat. Heat can burn, of course, and this could be from heat, but it would seem to be deliberate, even if so. Someone could be using some sort of lens, or tanning equipment, or something, to burn these dogs.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Besides, a corrosive agent does not have to cause an immediate burn..could be a few mins after application.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If it is just sunburn why are we not seeing all sorts of other animals from the area with the same sort of sunburn ?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sure, and why not a rash of people too?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yep....The sun is not exactly selective when it comes to burns

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Sorry to burst a bubble, but for this to be an acid attack someone would have had to either sedate the dogs to get such a precise stripe burn or numerous people would have to hold them down...

Otherwise the dogs would be a frantic manoeuvrable being upon first contact with the corrosive...

Not to mention acid burns look much worse than that.

Sunburn.

Hi Dude.
A strong acid would as you mention be hard to apply in a straight line as we see here, but lets assume it was taken from a car battery. Have you ever worked with car batteries? If you have you'll probably have noticed that the fluid in them does not burn when it gets on your skin, you could even dip your hand into it and feel nothing (just in case - DO NOT DO IT). However, over the next day or two you'll notice holes in your clothes! Caused by the battery acid.

Those dogs look to me like they've had something similar poured on them. Because its under the fur it remained there and had time to burn.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Im not sure exactly what's going on, but i've been lurking for almost ten years now and i've never joined till now, just to reply to this thread and give my experience.

I have a pitbull mix and exactly around the middle of July i also had this happen to my dog. in exactly the same fashion. I had tied my dog to his run line in our yard and i went out to get some groceries. I got back about 45 min later to find my dog had got caught up on his line, and was in the direct sun for exactly how long, I'm not sure. i noticed his fur was a little raised on his back and thought maybe heat rash or something this was on a friday. well within three days i noticed a small piece of fur fall off his back this was Sunday evening. i called my vet the next morning and told them about the problem i said i thought it might be mange since he kept scratching at it and told them about the small piece of fur that fell off. they said the earliest they could see him was Wednesday, i said i was really worried because it did't look good at all. by Wednesday my poor dog looked like something from a zombie movie, his skin on his back literally looked like it was melting off! the vet nurse was horrified she immediately said that it wasn't mange and looked more like chemical burns. now i live in the country with lots of acreage and sometimes dogs will be dogs and he does take off sometimes to god knows where, and i wouldn't put it past some of my neighbors to do something as awful as this. the vet checks him and he immediately says its not acid burns, but a really bad necrotic skin infection. he says it could've been caused by anything a cut, a bite, or a scratch. so he tries looking for the source of the infection and cant find any. i then tell him if it could have started from some sunburn and told him about him getting caught up in the sun that last friday and he said he's never heard of that before but wouldn't rule it out.
i wish i knew how to upload pics. i have pictures of the infection the day i took him in. the vet wanted to do a biopsy to see if it was fungal or bacterial and told him to lets try bacterial antibiotics first and see how he does. we did, he got 2 shots some pills and 2 more shots after he showed improvement 4 days later. it's almost completely healed now and the scars are dead on to the scars of the dogs in op's post and yes i do believe it was the sun that caused it now that i read this article.

The real question now, is not who's doing this, but why is the sun now staring to do this?

P.S. i'll upload some pics when i figure out how to. i'm at work when i get home tonight i'll take some pics of his scars too, so you guys can see how they healed.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Replicating the suppositional causes is animal cruelty. The only way to definitively prove to people what it was.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

That's interesting buddy but I'm still not convinced due to the look of the burns...

They look like friction burns or exposure to heat for extended periods (like cooking)...

I thought this when the original thread popped up a few weeks ago.
I didn't respond because I was suspect of the narrative.

If this had been caused by a solvent tests would have been pretty conclusive pretty quickly.

I'm guess even car battery acid leaves a signature footprint after the fact.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join