It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Report Urges End to 'Conversion' Therapy for LGBT Youth

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

So if a parent decided that trepanation or lobotomy were the appropriate course of "therapy" you would support their decision to do so?

Also the modern field of behavior genetics disagrees with your claim that sexuality is a choice. There is no single gene that governs sexuality. There are many. These genes then predispose a person to express a behavior. So if a person has many genes that predispose them to homosexuality it would take very little environmental influence, such as chemical levels in the womb, to cause the homosexual behavior to manifest. If a person isn't very predisposed to be homosexual it may take a larger environmental influence to manifest the behavior. Just because they're being influenced by the environment however doesn't mean they're making a choice. They may not even know they're being influenced.
edit on 10/16/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Which ones haven't see too many that one is without the other.

I have no idea what that means.

Pretty clear, which techniques of cia interrogation are focused on mental aspect. Most of what I am aware of is a combination of mental and physical breakdown

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
Finally, it's about time, and something that should never have been anyway. this is just teaching people that being GLBTQ+ is a "Sickness" that can be Cured, and putting young people through traumatic mental abuse.

If you support Conversion therapy, than you support the right to use conversion therapy to convert Heterosexuals into Homosexuals

That's fine and dandy but if torture is actually taking place then banning it should be priority three. 1) put the torturers in prison 2) civil trial to take every dollar possible for victims. 3) then look to ban it.

Simply inquiring if what we are talking about is truely torture seems to get people in a wad. But if someone is so sensitive even posing questions on a topic is too much too handle then maybe those people are the problem.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Isn't it funny how a certain group of people bitch and moan about gay parents trying to convert their kids to homosexuality (at least the way they perceive the situation) but when it comes to banning conversion therapy they bitch and moan about taking away a parent's right to parent as they see fit?

Despite their claims to the contrary these people clearly show that they don't consider homosexuals to be equal to heterosexuals.
edit on 10/16/2015 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Exactly, And would they be Ok with their Child being put through Conversion Therapy from Heterosexual into Homosexual?

isn't that why they don't want to teach about GLBTQ+ History in schools, because the "Gay Agenda" is trying to convert Kids Gay?

To tell a child that what you feel is wrong but have them still have those feelings after is just mental anguish on anyone

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcalibur254

Exactly, And would they be Ok with their Child being put through Conversion Therapy from Heterosexual into Homosexual?

isn't that why they don't want to teach about GLBTQ+ History in schools, because the "Gay Agenda" is trying to convert Kids Gay?

To tell a child that what you feel is wrong but have them still have those feelings after is just mental anguish on anyone

Depending on what feelings they have they might very well be wrong.
edit on 16-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Controlled fear, loud music, light control, etcetera.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Controlled fear, loud music, light control, etcetera.

Yes and that tends to be a combination not mental only. The loud music tends to go hand in hand with sleep deprivation and so on. Rarely do you ever see one without the other. Be it sleep deprivation, radical temperature changes, food control, hair cuts, etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Gay feelings? Trans Feelings? Queer Feelings? none of those are wrong
edit on 16-10-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Isn't it funny how a certain group of people bitch and moan about gay parents trying to convert their kids to homosexuality (at least the way they perceive the situation) but when it comes to banning conversion therapy they bitch and moan about taking away a parent's right to parent as they see fit?

Despite their claims to the contrary these people clearly show that they don't consider homosexuals to be equal to heterosexuals.

who was bitching about such?

That premise was raised by the op. It was fictional.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Yes and that tends to be a combination not mental only. The loud music tends to go hand in hand with sleep deprivation and so on. Rarely do you ever see one without the other. Be it sleep deprivation, radical temperature changes, food control, hair cuts, etc.

And your point? Your trying to do what the other poster did, discount mental torture?

link   

Gay feelings? Trans Feelings? Queer Feelings? none of those are wrong

You said

Feeling like killing small animals is wrong and to be corrected. Anger issues, etc some children need to be told their feelings are wrong.

link   

please do share some gjkdkjg history with us.

btw is their a limit on how many nonsensical letters one can attach together before it becomes a joke to see?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

And your point? Your trying to do what the other poster did, discount mental torture?

No I'm doing what you do,anytime you think you've keyed in on an inaccurate statement you jump. I for one am not aware of many interrogation tacits by the cia that are mental only to break people down. Tends to be a combo.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

BS I was not discounting mental torture but putting it in its place behind physical torture.

Again if one person starts yelling at someone and another person begins to cut off limbs then which form of abuse is worse?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

BS I was not discounting mental torture but putting it in its place behind physical torture.

Again if one person starts yelling at someone and another person begins to cut off limbs then which form of abuse is worse?

This is a terrible comparison. Mental abuse is something that accrues over a long and sustained period of time. You don't get mental injuries from one instance of someone yelling at you.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Basically what I gather from the roman is that the cia is behind the mental indoctrination of America into the gayness issue.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

And having any feelings of being Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Queer or any other Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity has nothing similar with feelings of Killing Small animals

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No I'm doing what you do,anytime you think you've keyed in on an inaccurate statement you jump.

I do not think I keyed in on an inaccurate statement, I know I have as evidenced by other posters noticing the issue.

I for one am not aware of many interrogation tacits by the cia that are mental only to break people down. Tends to be a combo.

I just gave you one, fear control. How does a barking dog kept at a controlled distance affect you phsysically?

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Sure, i would love to share some GLBTQ+ History with everyone... what would you like to know?

No, the Alphabet keeps growing, we are inclusive

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join