It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can one 3rd grader be allowed to terrorize a whole school?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

We don't know why it was locked down, I think if someone makes a threat you have to.
It is a procedural and CYA thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

So, pax are you seeing the whole issue, or are your own personal past experiences coloring it? There is no proof either way.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Well said!!! I agree 110% My heart goes out to you...I come from a long line of Educators Teachers, Principle's etc..and there were days i would sit with the Assist. priniciple and thank him repeatedly for his help and say I am glad I get a break from this once in a while!! You have a thankless job and the hardest one out there!!

The parents should be told by the school your child needs medical help and until you get him some he cannot attend this school!!

Just curious, can't teachers, the board etc...do that? I thought they could!! This is horrible for those other children and how can the administrators get away with this? I would really like to know....I do think to exploit the case is stupid and wrong...

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Well said!!! I agree 110% My heart goes out to you...I come from a long line of Educators Teachers, Principle's etc..and there were days i would sit with the Assist. priniciple and thank him repeatedly for his help and say I am glad I get a break from this once in a while!! You have a thankless job and the hardest one out there!!

The parents should be told by the school your child needs medical help and until you get him some he cannot attend this school!!

Just curious, can't teachers, the board etc...do that? I thought they could!! This is horrible for those other children and how can the administrators get away with this? I would really like to know....I do think to exploit the case is stupid and wrong...

Well actually I do have some Board of Education Experience but my teaching experience is all martial arts related. And when you're talking about Board of Education level it's all policy based. It's very political and we can't help you because it's not in our policy. They don't change things and don't like to stir the pot even if it's for something good.
edit on 8-10-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jjsr420

Good question, and i just responded to Amazing....The parents if they are worth a damn should not be sending this child to school in this condition! Whether they are special needs or not....It doesn't matter....and the school needs to step up and say your child cannot attend until he has either been evaluated by our staff, and been medically cleared......The parents need to bear the first responsibility ....I just have a hard time blaming kids who act this out of touch....Because this child is so 'wild' tells me their is a deeper issue going on effecting his mental health.....

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

You have spoken so much truth in that short statement!! And that is who I did battle with...The Superintendent of the school system and up and up and up...I had a strong case and was headed to state court....but ya see they broke the law and i had written proof to prove it....so my case was different......

Pax

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

We don't know why it was locked down, I think if someone makes a threat you have to.
It is a procedural and CYA thing.

I understand that. What is the procedure for an unruly child? To lockdown the school and let the child continue to run amok? Why does one take precedence over the other? There's a bad policy right there. The child will continue the behavior, whether he has a diagnosed issue or not, simply because he is being allowed to do it. Wrong message to give out to him, and to all the parents. Hence my line of questioning directed at the principal.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If they expel the kid, where will he be? at home...maybe, that isn't the right environment for him to be in? At least if he's in school, they have eyes on the kid on a daily basis, just in case the homelife isn't that safe for him and that is why he's acting out. Listening to the video posted, it doesn't really sound like the angry parents want the kid expelled, they sound like they just want the school to do something, get him the kind of help he needs. At this point, you really can't blame the parents, heck they might have been trying to get him the help for years, and are at wit's end. I mean, imagine living with this kid if he's acting this way at home! But, whatever is going on with him, depending on how often these eruptions are, maybe they should kind of not give him free reign in the school, which it sounds like he has if they are locking down the school instead of him!
I just don't think a kid going and getting into a strangers face like that and screaming at them is normal behavior...to be honest sounds kind of psycho to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Again, with out really knowing what actually happened I don't see how you can question anything.

We have little to no information about why it was locked down, just that it was.
Nor do we know what they did with the kid once they did that, can you say with certainty they continued to let him run amok?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Again, with out really knowing what actually happened I don't see how you can question anything.

We have little to no information about why it was locked down, just that it was.
Nor do we know what they did with the kid once they did that, can you say with certainty they continued to let him run amok?

Obviouslyit was such a problem that parents kept their children home from school? Or is that speculation too?

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No, it isn't. But it doesn't shed any light on why it was locked down.
If anything it shows it may have really be serious.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Yet they expel a kid for throwing a pretend grenade, eating a poptart into the shape of a gun or pointing a pencil. Wait till the other kids start imitating this brat and THEY get expelled. Something is going on here.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

No, it isn't. But it doesn't shed any light on why it was locked down.
If anything it shows it may have really be serious.

If it shows anything, it shows that the ADULTS in charge of the school are incompetent to perform their job! Whether it is because of the laws and restrictions forced upon them, or they are just not the type of adults I would want to be in charge of my child if she went to that school!

Take your pick.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Why? What do you know that we don't to say they didn't do their job right?

Pretty sure that answer is nothing unless you have another article that sheds more light on the situation.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

Or they didn't feel the need to mention the race.
They also didn't mention if he was special needs or not, should we assume either way?

Seriously, we don't know anything about this, why are trying so hard to bring race into this?

Disruptive kids come in all races.

It was less about race and more about the way that the current admin has tied the hands of school admins to discipline kids.

You are the one who made it about race.

and this isn't about Obama, it's about the other parent's being to lazy or too afraid to do anything to make this school take action against this crazy kid. That's where the blame lies.

Here's a link to the kind of stuff that gets taught at school districts like this one.

You'll notice that Mt. Diablo District is one the list of districts receiving training from PEG. You'll also notice that again the reference is made to the DoJ policy about suspensions for kids of the different ethnicities.

It was decided it was a race thing and not a discipline issue. For many of those kids, it was a discipline issue because they come out of single parent homes being raised by a mother who is barely out of childhood herself.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

My son, a 3rd grader last year, would have popped him square in the nose without any hesitation.

The answer to your question, I believe, is found in the way children are raised in this modern world. In the (fewer and fewer) homes where Dad is actually present, Dad doesn't teach his son how to knock a fool on their ass like they used to. Hell, most school punish the kids that stand up for themselves with their bullcrap zero tolerance policies. I've made it extremely clear to my kids that I'll take their honor and dignity over some new age mumbo jumbo policy every day of the week. They will only get in trouble with me if they are the ones provoking the fight.

The other problem here is that not every kid should be given the privilege of "normal" education. If a kid is incapable of being educated without being a distraction, detriment, or threat to the normal kids in the class, then they should be exiled from normal classrooms. Not that long ago schools segregated these kids away from the normal kids, they called it "Special Ed" and antisocial behavior qualified a kid for Special Ed. in a special classroom with a special teacher who used special strategies to handle the special behavior issues. That was a good strategy which we should return to.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Why? What do you know that we don't to say they didn't do their job right?

Pretty sure that answer is nothing unless you have another article that sheds more light on the situation.

I already said it!

I know I can't convince you you're wrong and you obviously by your many posts refuse to admit you are wrong, so yea! I'm done!

I don't mind being proven wrong and you of all know I apologize when I am. So if you just want to keep up having a circle jerk because this topic might be offensive to your political belief then I have nothing more to say. You are spinning wheels in a muddy field in SC!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

You haven't said anything other then obviously these adults aren't doing their job... and not sure politics have to do with this but of course you bring it up.

I'll ask again what you have not answered, what do you know about the lock down or the dealing with this kid that is not laid out in the op. I'll admit I'm wrong, I do it plenty.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

a reply to: ketsuko

Or they didn't feel the need to mention the race.
They also didn't mention if he was special needs or not, should we assume either way?

Seriously, we don't know anything about this, why are trying so hard to bring race into this?

Disruptive kids come in all races.

It was less about race and more about the way that the current admin has tied the hands of school admins to discipline kids.

You are the one who made it about race.

and this isn't about Obama, it's about the other parent's being to lazy or too afraid to do anything to make this school take action against this crazy kid. That's where the blame lies.

Here's a link to the kind of stuff that gets taught at school districts like this one.

You'll notice that Mt. Diablo District is one the list of districts receiving training from PEG. You'll also notice that again the reference is made to the DoJ policy about suspensions for kids of the different ethnicities.

It was decided it was a race thing and not a discipline issue. For many of those kids, it was a discipline issue because they come out of single parent homes being raised by a mother who is barely out of childhood herself.

It's still the fault of the Parents.

My Children have gone through bad teachers and bad principles etc and common core stuff and no child left behind and budget cuts etc.
But

They're all three very bright because we work with them at home and when there is a problem at school or a percieved problem, we are on them night and day in person, email and phone calls and letters and it's non stop until we get what we need for our children. Period. Any parent that doesn't do that is Lazy and worthless.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

In all probability it's parent, not parents.

But I think the school bears some responsibility for this situation too. If they can't manage the child well enough for whatever reason to maintain a safe learning environment for the other children, then it falls on their shoulders too, and we've been discussing possible reason why they might be unable to maintain that environment.

edit on 8-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join