It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customer Claims Religious Discrimination - Company Refuses to Print Fliers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: xuenchen

I think they made this perfunctory apology just to not have to deal with the sensationalism about it.

When a bully is standing there saying "APOLOGIZE!!! NOW!!" and waving their Brass Knuckles at you, the easiest thing is to simply apologize and walk away.

But - some people named Kim Davis and other names look for ways to exploit it.
I worked in the administration building of a local out-door seasonal festival, and the number of people who called the office saying, "Um, I twisted my ankle in a hole there and I'm going to sue you" was astounding.

My supervisor told me stories about WATCHING patrons at the festival move trash containers that were placed over various holes, and then deliberately walking into them.....

this rampant penchant for litigiousness is beyond reason. In my opinion.

Why we need a loser pays system. Feel free to sue whoever for whatever. You can't convince 12 people your right and can't get a win on appeal, you can pony up all costs for wasting time and resources.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I agree with you.

I'm pretty sure they decided it was easier to say "I'm Sorry, we'll print your stuff" just to shut up the loud-mouthed sensationalist crap from this woman.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
She has no legal recourse. They didn't say she couldn't print at all, just that they wouldn't do it for her. However she could use the self serve machine. So shut up, get over yourself, make your copies and get the hell out. If we quit giving these idiots attention they just might go away. Its all about their 15 minutes of fame and any free money they might be able to get. They are just a bunch of losers, liars, users, manipulators, attention seekers and grifters with an over inflated sense of ENTITLEMENT. When people are truly happy with themselves and their lives they really don't care what others do with theirs. They are to busy living and being happy. After working with the public for 23 years you figure this one out real quick.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ZenTam

If we quit giving these idiots attention they just might go away. Its all about their 15 minutes of fame and any free money they might be able to get. They are just a bunch of losers, liars, users, manipulators, attention seekers and grifters with an over inflated sense of ENTITLEMENT. When people are truly happy with themselves and their lives they really don't care what others do with theirs. They are to busy living and being happy.

This ^^.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Metallicus

How would someone even know your orientation unless you told them or advertised it? I am curious because I don't normally see people conducting normal business with "I am a homo" signs or name tags.

Oh, I see. It's okay to discriminate against people who don't successfully hide their offensiveness from public view.

What the hell are you even talking about?

I have no idea if someone is gay from just meeting them.

But, if they're with their same sex spouse, holding hands, then........You do know. Right?

Don't play coy with me. You were promoting discrimination, by employing a "blame the victim" ploy, by covertly blaming people who don't hide their "offensiveness" well enough from public view, that's what I'm TALKING ABOUT!

edit on 12-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZenTam
She has no legal recourse. They didn't say she couldn't print at all, just that they wouldn't do it for her. However she could use the self serve machine. So shut up, get over yourself, make your copies and get the hell out. If we quit giving these idiots attention they just might go away. Its all about their 15 minutes of fame and any free money they might be able to get. They are just a bunch of losers, liars, users, manipulators, attention seekers and grifters with an over inflated sense of ENTITLEMENT. When people are truly happy with themselves and their lives they really don't care what others do with theirs. They are to busy living and being happy. After working with the public for 23 years you figure this one out real quick.

We will never quit giving idiots with an entitlement mentality attention and ridicule those looking for free money that would wipe out 70% of media reporting, Heck might do anyway with entire generations.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

a reply to: Metallicus

How would someone even know your orientation unless you told them or advertised it? I am curious because I don't normally see people conducting normal business with "I am a homo" signs or name tags.

Oh, I see. It's okay to discriminate against people who don't successfully hide their offensiveness from public view.

What the hell are you even talking about?

I have no idea if someone is gay from just meeting them.

But, if they're with their same sex spouse, holding hands, then........You do know. Right?

Don't play coy with me. You were promoting discrimination, by employing a "blame the victim" ploy, by covertly blaming people who don't hide their "offensiveness" well enough from public view, that's what I'm TALKING ABOUT!

Does two people that are the same sex holding hands indicate a same sex couple?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

But big corporations like Office Depot don't make official statements unless the lawyers tell them to,

especially when big super-charged issues are involved.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I would say that it would be strong indicator. It's not something someone who should be hiding their relationship to avoid discrimination should be doing, according to the poster I was responding to.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
So tired of these religi-nazis whining about discrimination. Is it me or are they all getting a lot more annoying lately?

Since they are getting 10x more attention they are becoming 100x more annoying.

Just wanting 15 minutes of fame.

Jude

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I would say that it would be strong indicator. It's not something someone who should be hiding their relationship to avoid discrimination should be doing, according to the poster I was responding to.

Really? I have seen plenty of situations in which completely straight women have held hands. Not really straight guys but women definately. I assume a lot of people have, so do we take that and apply that generalization to only men holding hands?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You know this sidestepping has nothing to do with the claim that I originally answered. Do you agree with Metallicus. that if people perceive that a couple are homosexuals, then that's the couple's fault for not hiding their orientation and are, therefore deserving of whatever they discrimination they encounter, you know, for being flamboyant?

edit on 12-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Liquesence

I don't think we've seen ridiculous yet. There is a lot of passion behind the movement to convince government to "get religion". We're seeing some crazy stuff, but there's more to come, IMO.

Me either.

But, I think they may be their own worst enemy. Many are getting tired of these shannigans.

More moderate Christians are speaking out saying: "Not Us".

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You know this sidestepping has nothing to do with the claim that I originally answered. Do you agree with Metalicus. that if people perceive that a couple are homosexuals, then that's the couple's fault for not hiding their orientation and are, therefore deserving of whatever they discrimination they encounter, you know, for being flamboyant?

Sure I'll agree with that statement. Just to stir the pot and set the ultra sensitive on the board off. Now what?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But big corporations like Office Depot don't make official statements unless the lawyers tell them to,

especially when big super-charged issues are involved.

That is correct!

That's exactly what I'm saying. Well done you!!
*two gold stars*

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Now what?

Now what, what? I called out a poster for what I considered to be an illogical answer to one of our LGBTQ member's posts of his experience of being denied service. Then I answered those posts that tried to derail my post. That's what.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Wait a second. Printers are the bad boys again?

Remember, remember ...
Heretic prints in Gutenbergs chamber!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Now what?

Now what, what? I called out a poster for what I considered to be an illogical answer to one of our LGBTQ member's posts of his experience of being denied service. Then I answered those posts that tried to derail my post. That's what.

Ok a member was denied service, it happens, can't fix stupid. You overcome that's life. But to be as brutally honest as possible, except for some segments who really cares? It happens, we all know it. You can complain and cry or you go around the stupid and prevail. Is that pc? No, don't care some of the pc and sensitive need to come to work with me with me for a week and learn how to take anything offensive thrown at you and turn it into a game. Granted it pushed the limits one time because three of my black co workers taught an Indian guy new to the country to refer to all black people as Obama's and he almost took an a$$ whipping. Ended well. But I associate with people of all stripes. There is no sensitive zone, there is no out of bounds. At the end of the day we are all good people , we have a strong brotherhood/sisterhood working and we can count on each other no matter what.

No one is safe and no one is protected since we had a small blip with one who couldn't hang. So to be honest this someone offended me, someone denied, boo boo, it's not right crap is just that. Grow up, grab your sacks, toughen up, overcome .

Someone threatening someone life, because of it you got a point. Someone being denied life saving medical because of it you got a point. Something pretty serious..understood. beyond that cry me a river. #smallviolinfortheoffendedanddenied
edit on 12-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I know, specially when it falls no within the law as wade vs roe but within religion.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Ok a member was denied service, it happens, can't fix stupid. You overcome that's life. But to be as brutally honest as possible, except for some segments who really cares? It happens, we all know it.

I care. And, the LGBTQ member that shared his experiences of discrimination cares. We may not be able to fix "stupid", but we can make it so the "stupid" doesn't hurt so much.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join