It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky clerk Kim Davis ordered released from jail

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Never mind. Been said and resaid.
edit on 8-9-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Strange. Can they call an emergency meeting to work this out, or is this a case of them having the same thoughts on it and deciding to just wait until the next actual scheduled meeting to let it roll on as long as possible to see what the outcome is prior to having to make a decision?

They can. But I think it is a waste of taxpayer money to call them in just for this issue. Let her marinate in jail until the legislature determines what they want to do with her.

edit on 8-9-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm predicting she will not be following that order and be going back to jail. There is no way she'll be handing out marriage licenses and will probably be invalidating those given out by her staff.

Well, then Saint Kimberly the Incarcerated can continue her path to martyrdom in a 10x8 and I say good riddance.

Rather than the extreme solution of jailing her......why not just you know.....fire her?

What is it with Americas obsession in jailing people for non violent crimes?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Rather than the extreme solution of jailing her......why not just you know.....fire her?

She cannot be fired, she is an elected official. She needs to be impeached.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
To stand up against the government whether right or wrong shows character.

Yeah, that. Only issue is she is the government and the 'standing up' she is doing is to the Constitution which, quite frankly, far too many government officials have done already.

That there! How can a Christian in good conscience work for the government? Gay marriage is bad, but (at least this point in time) working for the government is aok? (edit, I didn't mean that to me gay marriage was bad.) Just wanted to clear that up.

I do respect her for standing up for her beliefs, but I just can't see how working for our current form of government is okay in her God's eye either......
edit on 8-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Do they have contempt of court or something similar in the UK? So if people are ruled against in court in the UK and they say "nuh uh" and don't comply with the ruling what do the courts do then?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: mOjOm

I'm predicting she will not be following that order and be going back to jail. There is no way she'll be handing out marriage licenses and will probably be invalidating those given out by her staff.

Well, then Saint Kimberly the Incarcerated can continue her path to martyrdom in a 10x8 and I say good riddance.

Judges are GOD in the US! Seriously! Whether they are right or wrong, and you defy them, you will go to jail!

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

How can a Christian in good conscience work for the government?

Romans 13:1
Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Why, Kim Davis is ordained by GOD! Some Christians WANT to get into public office, then push their religious agenda. These Christians are known as Dominionists.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Been a long time since school for me, but here is my question.

Isn't this whole issue, a separation of church and state issue?
She works for the state, so the church shouldn't be allowed in? (her beliefs?)

edit on 8-9-2015 by chiefsmom because: fixed for clarification.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Isn't this whole issue, a separation of church and state issue?
She works for the state, so the church should be allowed in? (her beliefs?)

Other way around. As she is the state she cannot impose her religious beliefs to the point where they impinge on another's Constitutional rights.

If Saint Kimmy did not order her clerks to also refuse issuing licenses none of this ever would have happened.

edit on 8-9-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Some Christians WANT to get into public office, then push their religious agenda.

That statement could be (and should be) made about people from ANY background, and not just those professing to be Christians.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If Saint Kimmy did not order her clerks to also refuse issuing licenses none of this ever would have happened.

I get this and agree, but shouldn't she also not be refusing to issue them?

I mean it is still her job.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
I get this and agree, but shouldn't she also not be refusing to issue them?

I mean it is still her job.

My personal opinion? She should be issuing them. I think legally she can avoid issuing them as long as she does not prevent others from doing so.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

originally posted by: windword

Some Christians WANT to get into public office, then push their religious agenda.

That statement could be (and should be) made about people from ANY background, and not just those professing to be Christians.

But that wasn't the question. The question was "Why would a Christian want to enter government politics.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
She should be reporting for work in the morning so check tomorrow afternoon the newspapers and late night news. I have a feeling there will be a new break in the story by close of business tomorrow and if not no later than this Friday.

I suspect she will be back in jail no later than this Friday.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

True, but the Christians are the ones trying to change our Republic into a Theocracy. They want to change authority away from "We the People" to "Lord God in Heaven".

Other groups usually have a variety of ideas and influences and change ideas from time to time. But when you follow an alleged perfect God of the Highest Authority there is no changing anything and no questioning anything either. It is the ultimate system of control without the possibility of change.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

She should be reporting for work in the morning so check tomorrow afternoon the newspapers and late night news. I have a feeling there will be a new break in the story by close of business tomorrow and if not no later than this Friday.

The ball is in her court. If Adam and Steve show up and want to get hitched she cannot stop them or she ends up back in the slam.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The ball is in her court. If Adam and Steve show up and want to get hitched she cannot stop them or she ends up back in the slam.

I wonder how many same sex couples are going to make a run on this and try to get hitched here just to try to force her back to jail.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I think it is a shame if she can really legally get away with that.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I wonder how many same sex couples are going to make a run on this and try to get hitched here just to try to force her back to jail.

Well, now that she put herself out there with this ridiculousness I would be shocked if none made the trek. She would probably have attracted less gay men if she put The Wizard of Oz on endless loop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join