It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO nearly misses plane, incident recorded from plane 09/07/15 Netherlands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

How the hell can you say it looks like a bird

Because to me it looks like a bird.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Because to me it looks like a bird.

What kind of bird?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hi
Regarding the report on the Ryanair flight and missed ufo, I have a few points. Firstly, the article is clearly there, but it appears very small as it passes beneath the wing. Due to speed the shape is distorted. It follows the rapid movement of air below the wing, so is being dragged as opposed to flying under the wing intelligently. This lends credence to it being a bird (luckily avoiding engine intake!). Next, if you look at a Google map of Eindhoven airport you'll see that just south west of the airport (within a mile i think )is where this footage is filmed, with the distinctively straight edged woods and funny shaped lake. So we can pin point where this footage is from. The aircraft is climbing, so either just departed or lifting from a go around. If you study the Jeppsen aeronautical charts for Eindhoven

Click here for pdf

you will see that one of the standard departure routes from Eindhoven would entail taking off and taking a right turn northwards, which is what this aircraft is doing lost taking off. And finally, the same charts mention noise abatement and the requirements to ascend to 1000ft before noise isn't an issue, which would probably explain the use of more thrust to aid the aircraft in climbing to the 5000ft required as it departs. All in all, this looks like a bird that missed the engine, there appears to be no strange movement of the aircraft or its flight plan and is probably not a flying saucer o drone. But, I suppose, until it is identified, it stills fills the criteria for ufo...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It was Will Smith shooting Hancock 2.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Taranis?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why are ufo's always fuzzy and ghostly looking?

[SNIP]
edit on 8/9/15 by argentus because: removed personal website info

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Except it appears turned around and passed the jet going forward. Just next to the fuselage in front of the wing you can see it shoot back past.

ETA: Regardless of banking the airframe was still moving at least 100 knots and no bird could overtake a jet even in a bank. Maybe a tiny plane with a tight enough turn radius, but not this large passenger plane or whatever it is.

edit on 8/9/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: weemadmental

Taranis?

Now that is the best explanation I've seen thus far. Could be.. i wonder if test flight logs are public (probably not)

Nor would they want to own up to something like this. It would explain the no comment from the airline.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Here is a link to an theoretical animation done by lions ground news (no idea who they are or if I yet agree/disagree with their theory). Approx. 1:30 into the clip, for those who are not grasping the " object" moving from the rear to the front of the plane.

youtu.be...

Still not sure what this is. Leaning far away from it being a bird though (unless it is Larry Bird, then yes, I always knew Larry Legend had super powers)

But most logical scenario in my book......Hoax (unfortunately I do not have the technical chops to definitively prove that)
a reply to: RogueWave

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paddyofurniture
Here is a link to an theoretical animation done by lions ground news (no idea who they are or if I yet agree/disagree with their theory). Approx. 1:30 into the clip, for those who are not grasping the " object" moving from the rear to the front of the plane.

youtu.be...

Still not sure what this is. Leaning far away from it being a bird though (unless it is Larry Bird, then yes, I always knew Larry Legend had super powers)

But most logical scenario in my book......Hoax (unfortunately I do not have the technical chops to definitively prove that)
a reply to: RogueWave

EXCELLENT POST!

This details the reality of the situation and with more information from other witnesses and the article.

The Stewardess even said it was an odd occurrence and there is multiple witnesses now.

This is picking up some steam.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
To reiterate I have no solid research into the' Lions Ground News ' . A quick look at their YouTube page doesn't instill the utmost confidence that they are strictly a fact based investigative group, with the best interest of quality knowledge seeking in the UFO/UAP phenomena field.
Apologies to the OP. This video was in your 2nd link but in wading through the pages I saw not direct reference to it and thought it would contribute.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Kind of looked like an SR-71.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Hey, OP said the airline and pilot REFUSED to comment. Perhaps that's inaccurate, but either way, not 'responding' doesn't make sense to me from a PR point of view either.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It screams fake, listen to it, you can 'hear' it as it passes the plane, a whooshing sound.
Yeah, the more I watch, the more I think I think its fake

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: weemadmental

Taranis?

Now that is the best explanation I've seen thus far. Could be.. i wonder if test flight logs are public (probably not)

Nor would they want to own up to something like this. It would explain the no comment from the airline.

So , how big was Taranis again ?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The object is extremely dark... Unnaturally dark. As if it absorbs light. Very strange.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

12 ft long

Which this object totally could be depending on the distance away from the plane

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Perhaps that's inaccurate, but either way, not 'responding' doesn't make sense to me from a PR point of view either.

You see to assume that anyone was actually asked anything.

edit on 9/9/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

The Stewardess even said it was an odd occurrence and there is multiple witnesses now.

According to whom?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

Could be a hoax. All I know is that it isn't a bird.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join