It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Space Fleet

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I know... it is "dont call us... we'll call you"!
The astronauts point is very true. My mate re-iterated the same point to me when talking about this whole ssp affair. he said exactly what you r saying.

They would be royally pissed to say the least. But that is just a very small part of the $h!tstorm that would erupt if this was ever disclosed. Think of all the lawsuits of hidden tech and the resulting loss of human life in the form of disease, malnutrition, environmetla impact etc.

I think the reasons for not disclosing are more earthly than one might think.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Yeah, that "poopstorm" is one of the reasons that this (and astr0's) narrative resonated with me... it is one of the few hypothetical reasons for keeping this technology so secret that make any sense. It may simply be about economics and continued control of the masses... by a few... so they can maintain their self delusion that they are "better" than most.

But think about that and all it implies.

IF this SSP narrative is true ... even in part... never mind some of us not getting to play Star Trek in real life... the real tragedy is mind boggling in scope and effects every living thing on this world.

We could all be free of want, disease, misery, environmental degradation... and not in a century or ten, but almost a century ago! Heck, apparently even some existential questions about mortality and our mysterious consciousness have been answered via this tech... our collective angst and nihilism could be partially erased overnight and a brighter future would finally seem achievable.

But darn, we can't have all those dumb, regular folks free of exterior control via higher technology. The tech could give them free stuff and blow their little minds ... the "important" folks in leadership roles wouldn't be so important anymore... those ultimate useless middlemen who start wars to keep their junk turgid.

So the secrets of the universe and mankind are there to explore... but old so-and-so has to maintain his illusion that he's better than most... so oh well, humanity...

As I said... I really, really hope that isn't true and there is some other answer. It cannot be that horribly wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: interupt42

wow... cool story.

ive noticed one thing many accounts of bbt's have in common. people seem to either forget or shrug off the experience until later on in life if at all.

It leads me to the conclusion that these things mess with peoples perception, albeit with differing but similar results.

That's a common element with UFO sightings in general. It's evidence that these sightings should perhaps be considered in that category of paranormal experience and not necessarily as secret human technology.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

True... and much UFO lore is too weird and old to connect with ssp... and maybe they are two separate subjects... and I think we'll understand the paranormal through science, eventually (and perhaps already in the ssp), but how about this hypothetical "explanation"...

Maybe this UFO weirdness is due to a partially functional, global, ancient human tech system with degraded memory and degraded systems and near godlike powers (or holographic projections) that makes those seeming glitches appear through the ages, heh... think a malfunctioning world wide entertainment system, heh.

The possible answers are only limited by imagination... but the phenomena is NOT imaginary (in some cases, anyway!).

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

IMHO an elite group that seek control of the masses for the sake of controlling the masses makes no logical sense. It is self defeating. The strategy has to differ from the objective.

It would make more sense if controlling the masses was a means to an end...

Apart from the $H!tstorm that would erupt, you have to understand that most individuals in this world are not ready for such technology! Example: The reason ISIS cannot get to you or me and parade our headless bodies on youtube from our own rooms is because we are seperated by thousands of miles. Now, if one was able to travel that distance in 1 minute... how would the world look with 7 billion individuals (each with his own grudge/agenda in life) with knowledge and potential access of that tech?

I am thankful it is not made public. When the masses stop asking questions like 'how can i make more money' and start asking 'how can i help people like Elon Musk accomplish his mission', then we will be ready for disclosure of supposed tech!

Until then, people like me, u and the rest on this thread (among others), sure we might think we could handle disclosure - and we probably could! But this isnt even 1% of the human population. Grown men kicking a ball (world cup) brings more unity to a world divided by borders than the will to achieve peaceful type 1 civilization status... so how can we blame anyone but the masses for non-disclosure?

Ask yourself this: would it look any different to us if they actually wanted to release and disclose this world of tech, but realized it would destroy the world overnight as we have not intellectually evolved to handle this type of manipulation of nature?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
well we do sorta. just google private spacecraft. we have at least 6 or seven different types of space capsule or plane.

NASA Orion Capsule
Space X Dragon
Boeing CST-100
Blue Origin Shepherd
Dream chaser (is still a thing)
ARCA Space Corporation
Armadillo airspace
Xcor Lynx
Virgin Galactic
Bigelow Airspace Space stations

to name just a few. remember the private asteroid miner could become a thing.

Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR)
USAF Space Command

Satellites.

U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC)

Satellites and Missiles.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
well to be fair there is this:

news.yahoo.com...

and the marines want a toy of thier own too.

but space fleets with alien officers? i dunno. i'd know for sure that is just crazy talk except for:

i have to confess in the early 1980s i saw a BBT myself. hovering. very large, completely silent, blacker than black and very nearly impossible to see except the very edges (or impression there of) and occulting of the background stars. and i too became disoriented. It was over my house/front yard and it was fairly low . it moved off slowly i think. if it had been quick i would have been even more awestruck than i was. as to size i think it was as large as a C-5 more or less but can't be sure due to uncertainty about the altitude. i know it was generally triangular but can be sure if it had all straight lines or a semi boomerang look or a serrated trailing edge. it was that difficult to even see all of it. It had no lights of any kind like aircraft normally have.

i do not know what it was but i think i thought it was probably "one of ours" which gave me a little bit of comfort.

so no; even as crazy as all the web lore is i just can't be totally sure there isn't something to it.

edit on 17-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

That doesn't quite work as a total answer as the tech would be completely inaccessible to the average insane mutant ape (human) even IF they knew it existed... like the inner working of cpu or cell phones. Does ISIS have (many) jets? They know jets exist and the jihadists could get here in a few hours as it is... they don't need bbt.

We've had nukes for almost a century, and though I know we could be under a mushroom cloud tomorrow (and thus another reason to spread out from Earth) so far, we've managed... with the exception of Japan and a few thousands cancerous folks downwind of all the testing, that is. With the shut downs of nuke silos connected with ufos, perhaps our good "luck" is thanks to the ssp?

Heck, they could keep the theories secret and just dribble out the useful, humanitarian tech... anything but a total black out... letting the masses suffer and a large portion of the biosphere die for the secrets, no matter how life changing, is insane (even more insane than believing this in the first place, to be fair).

Fear ... paternalistic, paranoid mistrust of our fellow humans is likely at the bottom of this... with good, historical reasons for caution, but it could be worked ... if they wanted to. Unless, of course, it's something about the very nature of the tech that is the problem... like, say, just using the tech opens portals to Cthulhu... who knows.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

It's been proven that certain government projects can be compartmentalized while employing thousands of people without ever being discovered (Manhattan Project) -- so It's not out of the realm of possibility that a program could exist and remain secret.

Generally speaking, those who talk don't know. Those who know don't talk.

At times, there are exceptions on both sides of the aisle though. Sometimes deliberately which just adds to the confusion.

Having fun yet?

except the manhattan project even at the top tier was full of russian and german spies. the only people who didn't know were american civilians and allied citizens.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
why do we get such crappy aliens? why not ones with worm hole tech, transporters, shields? immortality? we get simplistic bugg ridden junk powered by unobtainium. they gave us a buggy IC chip? how about holographic computers and human level AIs? why not synthetic matter made of monopoles? we didn't even get a lousy 2nd periodic table.

Thier UFOS are flimsy, prone to malfunction and crashes. They are littering the universe it's so bad. Thier drunk ass punk crews go out and molest cows and troll the locals. i understand that they are sexually impotent and can't get laid. They can't even get insurance they are so bad.

what a rip off!

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

why do we get such crappy aliens? why not ones with worm hole tech, transporters, shields? immortality?
we get simplistic bugg ridden junk powered by unobtainium. they gave us a buggy IC chip? how about holographic computers and human level AIs? why not synthetic matter made of monopoles? we didn't even get a lousy 2nd periodic table.

Thier UFOS are flimsy, prone to malfunction and crashes. They are littering the universe it's so bad. Thier drunk ass punk crews go out and molest cows and troll the locals. i understand that they are sexually impotent and can't get laid. They can't even get insurance they are so bad.

what a rip off!

Because ET isn't any more advanced that you are...their tech is on par with Earth...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

well we do sorta. just google private spacecraft. we have at least 6 or seven different types of space capsule or plane.

NASA Orion Capsule
Space X Dragon
Boeing CST-100
Blue Origin Shepherd
Dream chaser (is still a thing)
ARCA Space Corporation
Armadillo airspace
Xcor Lynx
Virgin Galactic
Bigelow Airspace Space stations

to name just a few. remember the private asteroid miner could become a thing.

Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR)
USAF Space Command

Satellites.

U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC)

Satellites and Missiles.

Yes and possibly more

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Could that disorientation have been somehow produced by the craft or it's propulsion?
There is talk of an EM effect and I am curious.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
And sometimes those who know don't talk because there's no point in doing so.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Could that disorientation have been somehow produced by the craft or it's propulsion?
There is talk of an EM effect and I am curious.

That could be. or it could be because i had my nose pointed up in the air like a silly turkey watching it rain?

everything is so vague and squishy about my own sighting that i cannot be sure about anything other than it happened and was extraordinary. it's weird.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Subsonic/ultrasonic frequencies and possibly EM emissions to cause discomfort and disorientation? Sound like a good tool to keep eyes that aren't meant to be looking upwards from looking upwards?
edit on 19-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Good to know so it can possibly be countered by the observer to get that camera.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It could mess with the CCDs inside the camera. Nearly all cameras today are digital, so some kind of electronic interference could scramble the image sensor. Could be a byproduct of some kind of layered stealth technology.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

we can't "see" anything beyond abut 30 fps, so the extra is kind of wasted. Additionally, this is a telescope, not an animation, so in reality anything faster than say 15 fps is unnecessary...

Are you serious?, what sort of nonsense is this ?

video

your eye doesnt see in fps

Wee Mad

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join