It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All Lives Matter' march draws more than 20,000 in Alabama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Houston marches for slain deputy
Marchers gather and sing for peace

www.click2houston.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Actually, I don't have to read your post to know where you are going to stand on any issue,

I don't care what color or faith one is or who shows up as long as it is for the right reasons and love is the message.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Houston marches for slain deputy
Marchers gather and sing for peace

www.click2houston.com...

that is great to see, see, more stuff like this needs to be in the news

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Even on a thread about folks coming together in the spirit of brotherhood...there are some members that feel the need to foster division and try to advance their political dogma....amazing!

This is whats getting me , its a thread about unity and , its clear those that want to remain divisive........

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Sorry I don't call unity, organizing a march under the umbrella of racial unity, then when you have everyone's ear talk about them evil Muslims. Yes, it's horrible that it's happening. What is driving up hate against Islam going to do to help them? Nothing. It's only going to hurt the Muslims here... you know, our fellow Americans?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I really dont even see the point in responding to you

You do realize you are displaying discrimination , and nastily so....

i find that quite hypocritical

ive heard name calling, down talking christians, down talking beck, foul language

All from you, on this thread, a thread about a large group of people that came together in the spirit of something good and to unify...

That says more about YOU and who you support than anything else

its the perfect analogy, because clearly it is attitudes and viewpoints like yours that are divisive...

Not what glenn beck and Martin Luther King Jrs, Niece and Bishop Lowe are doing....

Youve responded in anger and hatefulness, to something great and full of hope.......

maybe its time to re-evaluate yourself

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Sorry I don't call unity, organizing a march under the umbrella of racial unity, then when you have everyone's ear talk about them evil Muslims. Yes, it's horrible that it's happening. What is driving up hate against Islam going to do to help them? Nothing. It's only going to hurt the Muslims here... you know, our fellow Americans?

Stop trying to disquise your hatred for a different type of social justice....

What ISIS is doing over there IS horrible

Seriously whats wrong with you?

This isnt just about Christians, its about EVERYONE, there werent just Christians there, again I keep repeating myself

And even if it WAS a group of Christians trying to do something GOOD, and unify people

What difference does it make?

You claim to support a group that seeks to end persecution and wants equality but then you want to pooo poo one group of people?

edit on 8/31/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Wow...you are the most butthurt person ever over this huh? People of all kinds of status and race joined to promote unity under a banner of equality in saying we all matter and our lives should not be ended trivially and you denouce it. Get over your precious racist group of BLM protestors...hell they are no better than the KKK or Neo Nazies. Get behind something promoting unity or get out of the way...all you're doing is siding with racist jackasses.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I really dont even see the point in responding to you

So don't. Nice to see "friend" only means someone who unquestioningly agrees with you, though. That's okay, I prefer honesty.

You do realize you are displaying discrimination , and nastily so....

Against Glenn Beck? Okay, I can live with that.

ive heard name calling, down talking christians, down talking beck, foul language

I called Glenn Beck an asshole. Wah?

That says more about YOU and who you support than anything else

Yeah, it says I don't fall for televangelicalesque BS. I support authenticity. You have a problem with black people standing up to racism from the state. You'd rather delude yourself into thinking it doesn't exist, that black people are just whining and looking for a free ride.

Not what glenn beck and Martin Luther King Jrs, Niece and Bishop Lowe are doing

Appealing to authority? Shame on you.

Youve responded in anger and hatefulness, to something great and full of hope

Because it tramples over the real warriors and Becks involvement to turn it into a ploy to stoke hatred against Muslims is just sick.

maybe its time to re-evaluate yourself

So now you care? Sorry I don't buy that either.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Glenn Beck....

www.youtube.com...

Where's Trump?

I cannot take Beck seriously in this video with the whole "As Christians we are to take our beliefs and church out into the street, and practice what we are learning."

Meanwhile, several years back I remember him speaking against charity, social justice, and anti-poverty measures, saying on video that he didn't want to share any of the pie and "I want all of the pie." Typical religious right person. Claims to follow Jesus but is all for corporatism, pro-rich policies, pro-war leaders, and nothing for the poor and disadvantaged. These are the hypocrites and pharisees of our day.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

This post here is an example of why I don't like this movement as the one for this. It's beginning is too cluttered with controversy... While the message is unity, and that's what it's about and why it's gaining support. It's origin is divisive and that will always be a dark blot upon it which causes some to denounce it and remain divided.

Yes, I would be very hesitant to join a movement co-hosted by Beck. He has too much Republican pro-rich, pro-war, anti-evidence, anti-social investment that are proven by research, attitudes and preaching for my to trust him.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I cannot BEGIN to relate just how glad I am to see this. It is AMAZINGLY sad that the BLM crap is still getting the airplay instead, but...hey....if over 20K folks showed up...that says something.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Great thread!

I wasn't aware of this so thank you for sharing.

I am not religious at all but your comments have me over here saying "amen" and "hallelujah". lol...

My hubby (who happens to be black) says that BLM started out as something good and something to get behind but it has since run amok.

Anything that can get us on the road to unity is where our allegiance lies.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Americans marching for "All Lives Matter" is a sick joke given American history is littered with genocide and mass murder.

Deez Nutz 2015

You know, I get it. You're probably British...and regardless of your nationality you're looking to troll, and stick a thumb in the eyes of the folks who are trying to work for change.

I for one don't blame my German friends for the Third Reich. Nor do I blame my French friends for planting trees along the street so the Nazi's could march in the shade.

When are you going to wisen up and realize that a nations constituents are human, just like you?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Unity is strength, strength is power - the MSM will not promote this righteous march because the agenda of those who own the US and western media conglomerates is to spread hate - not love.

Can you imagine this 20K turning into 20 or even 200 million people around the US (and other countries rife with corruption and propaganda perpetrated violence) all coming out in all cities and uniting against the common enemy whose only objective is to keep us all divided.

#politiciansforprison2016

thanks OP - great cause, great comments.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If someone said to a BLM person: Native American Lives Matter

Would that be alright with them?

We all understand that the BLM people are talking context: black people in America have been especially oppressed.
All that's true

But when you denounce others who don’t see or accept your contextual meaning entirely then you may be dealing in ethnocentricity which is the source of racism

To fight for your own race or group being free without understanding that justice is FOR ALL PEOPLE NOT JUST FOR BLACK PEOPLE is not the highest moral standard

It is pedestrian

MLK wouldn’t be a part of that movement

If we are to arrive at true justice for all

We have to transcend our own race and group and understand we are all of one race:

THE HUMAN RACE

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

But if one movement is meant to divide and degrade the other how does that represent unity?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think that is pretty debatable, and since he is dead we can't say either way...

Kinda disingenuous to claim something like that IMO.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Americans marching for "All Lives Matter" is a sick joke given American history is littered with genocide and mass murder.

Deez Nutz 2015

...because obviously every American is a genocidal mass murderer.

p.s. it'd be Deez Nutz 2016

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Willtell

I think that is pretty debatable, and since he is dead we can't say either way...

Kinda disingenuous to claim something like that IMO.

I wouldn’t argue with you over that. Of course I can’t claim to know what MLK could do.

But the point is to the BLM people is that it isn’t necessarily a great humanitarian feat to defend YOUR OWN RACE AND GROUP.

Mlk ABOVE ALL WAS A HUMANIITARIAN WHO SAID THIS:

No man is free until all men are free

He didn't say just black people

One has to be better than all the time just sticking up for ones own group

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join