It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All Lives Matter' march draws more than 20,000 in Alabama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
No one in the MSM, or even the populace want to see people coming together, its the way it was and will be for a very long time, IMHO ALL protests should be covered, but for that to happen we have to be less reliant on the MSM to do it, it takes people that are going to these things to show solidarity, social media is one of the ways this can be done.

Instead people want to take pictures of their food, or like pages like Walmart and mayonnaise. I cant lie I was unaware of this as well, but thankfully someone did think about it and post it.

link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What I find interesting is that humans need to be reminded that all lives matter.

Someone remind the media. They promote the divisions that hurt everyone.

link   

The next time someone says All Lives Matter, show them this: Ignoring the Problem

link   

It's not my preferred banner, because the problem is the lobbyists and corporations that control our government. I'm not sure this banner will be the one to take care of that, and that's what we desperately need this unity for, so we can solve police corruption, and everything else, and make the government by the people and for the people again. Plus I dislike all lives matter having the root of it's beginning based on trying to spit on another group, who while divisive in their strategy and a bit misguided was at least attempting to make a difference.

Thus why, I'll support it as is for unity, but is not my preferred.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

And look at the vitriol already on this page for it

I know, for the life of me I don't understand, why this wouldn't give people hope.

because people dont want that anymore, people want whats in their own interest, they want "special "interests

They dont want equality ,they special treatment.

Because people have lost the ability to see something thats actually good without trying to destroy it, for whatever reason

Like I said regardless of what you think of some of the people that were involved in this, the intent and the message behind it was good

Hell Aleveda King, Martin Luther King jrs niece, you know the guy who Championed the Civil Rights movement? Was actually there in support and to march

And whats the response from BLM people? Nothing but ugly diatribe

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It's not my preferred banner, because the problem is the lobbyists and corporations that control our government

Couldnt agree more with that!

I'm not sure this banner will be the one to take care of that, and that's what we desperately need this unity for, so we can solve police corruption, and everything else, and make the government by the people and for the people again.

it will take more then this one instance, but just look what they did with only a few months of preparation? The largest march in Birmingham since Martin Luther King did it, thats amazing and a wonderful statement for Unity

If this movement could keep going, it could do something, well Id like to hope it could....

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

The next time someone says All Lives Matter, show them this: Ignoring the Problem

Do you have anything to add about the actual march with all these people and the message or just more divisive rhetoric to combat an event that actually brought people together?

you know every one of you thats come on here so far putting this down, are showing the world what your true intent is, its not unity
edit on 8/31/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

What I find interesting is that humans need to be reminded that all lives matter.

Someone remind the media. They promote the divisions that hurt everyone.

very true statement

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Right which is why I'll support it, it just isn't my preferred. Honestly this does give me hope. It goes in my people waking up hope bucket.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkB4USpeak2Me
No one in the MSM, or even the populace want to see people coming together, its the way it was and will be for a very long time, IMHO ALL protests should be covered, but for that to happen we have to be less reliant on the MSM to do it, it takes people that are going to these things to show solidarity, social media is one of the ways this can be done.

Instead people want to take pictures of their food, or like pages like Walmart and mayonnaise. I cant lie I was unaware of this as well, but thankfully someone did think about it and post it.

indeed, whats the meme? "We live in a world where our phones are smart and people are stupid"

If it doesnt come across a twitter feed, or spoon fed by big MSM it seems people wont see it....

And the People at the top know that

Thats why they only promote things that are divisive, to change that we have to take it upon ourselves to put stuff like this out there..

We have the power of networking to do so,

Anyway I tought this was a great thing , was really surprised when monday came around and there was nothing on it

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
BLM is Obama's army which may be Soros' proxy army.
This must have been what the war room meetings with Al Sharpton were all about, him meeting in the White House more than anyone else, pfft. Easy to see through.

As far as the MSM goes, unity doesn't get ratings, racist rants and tirades do so that is why the BLM with only a few attending got the majority of the coverage.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Right which is why I'll support it, it just isn't my preferred. Honestly this does give me hope. It goes in my people waking up hope bucket.

Hey im all in with you on that one, I hope its not just a flash in the pan

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I would like to see this movement spread all over the nation and become the grass roots spring board to actually unite people politically and culturally.

The Trump supporters must really dislike this gathering as it is unifying rather than dividing the nation into factions.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

When the civil rights movement first began there were black radicals and black pacifists, same as now. Generally they respected each other believing that people were doing what they thought was right. You want me to respect a march by that asshole Glenn Beck who purposefully and dishonestly smears the BLM movement? I don't care if some black people agree with him or the notion.

racially divisive diatribe

It is the truth. You're not wanting to see it, is what's telling.
edit on 8/31/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

This post here is an example of why I don't like this movement as the one for this. It's beginning is too cluttered with controversy... While the message is unity, and that's what it's about and why it's gaining support. It's origin is divisive and that will always be a dark blot upon it which causes some to denounce it and remain divided.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Very good on these 20,000 Plus who came together from everywhere , we need more things like this in this country and indeed the world

...........Which is why it wasn't covered. Now if there been blood, looting and breaking glass...... it would have been a different story. CNN: Goes where the blood is.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It isn't about unity either, it's about Christians unifying to 'fight the evils of the world'. Not one mention of the issues black people face, not one mention of police corruption, civic corruption, state corruption or federal corruption. I even suspect that Beck's goal is to turn it into an anti-Muslim movement.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You want me to respect a march by that asshole Glenn Beck who purposefully and dishonestly smears the BLM movement? I don't care if some black people agree with him or the notion.

He doesnt "smear" BLM , the radicals and racist involved in BLM do it themselves.

Doesnt matter what you think about his Politics the guy has raised millions to help people on the border, he also has a charity that goes in and saves child sex slaves over seas and has for quite a few years now....

And now hes trying to get families out of the area where ISIS have come in and threatened them with death

Hes now standing WITH people who were detrimental in the Civil Rights movement, including Martin Luther King Jrs own flesh and blood and you have the GAL to say that YOURE not going to respect him?

Whats it say when paragons of the Civil Rights movement are NOT standing with BLM, and will Unify with Beck, no matter HOW bad you think of him?

Maybe you need to be evaluating THAT

Wow, YOU are the face of whats wrong with the BLM movement

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Very good on these 20,000 Plus who came together from everywhere , we need more things like this in this country and indeed the world

...........Which is why it wasn't covered. Now if there been blood, looting and breaking glass...... it would have been a different story. CNN: Goes where the blood is.

how true as that, no one was arrested, no violence, no name calling

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It isn't about unity either, it's about Christians unifying to 'fight the evils of the world'. Not one mention of the issues black people face, not one mention of police corruption, civic corruption, state corruption or federal corruption. I even suspect that Beck's goal is to turn it into an anti-Muslim movement.

Im sorry are you psychic? you know his intentions to make it anti muslim?

The issue that black people face were evident in the entire WEEKEND of speeches that were made not only by Beck, but Aleveda King herself, and Bishop Lowe

But you wouldnt know that all those issues were addressed would you, because you just looked at the surface an cant see past your own vitriol

Try going and actually listening to the speeches before you start slamming peopel for actually DOING SOMETHING , and doing it peacful and together....

And what does it matter if its Christians? Isnt that what everyone tells Christians to do? To live their faith like a Christian and stop being a hypocrite?

So thats what these ones are doing, and trying to UNIFY EVERYONE, and youre still nasty

There were more than just christians there by the way

you support a movement that has repeatedly had the face of racism and violence, and you have the GAL to try and pass judgement on 20,000 people who came together peacefully to spread a message, because they are CHRISTIAN?

Your hateful tone through out a thread that is about love and peace and something great that happened, is INDICATIVE of the difference between a movement of peace and change , and a movement of hate
edit on 8/31/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join