It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascadia Independence Movement - State of Mind or Future Nation State? What does ATS think?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat
@JadeStar
I noticed the Football Jersey in the second post I did not know about the Cascadian Football team

Would be nice if we got Cascadian Rugby team too

You can always start one. There's supposedly a Cascadia national cricket team starting too.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Traitors! Bigots! how dare you want to leave the US!

If Texas is a bigot for wanting to do it, SO ARE YOU

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

I normally wouldn't, but surtain isn't even a word. When a guy is making things up that you didn't say all bets are off.

I asked a serious question due to the large amount of illegals in CA, and the overall far left leaning partisan nature that would be Cascadia.

If you can't see that you are ASSuming things I didn't say, just don't respond anymore. This is getting sad...if this thread is indicative of the average Cascadian, PLEASE SECEDE!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

They would have a hard time with Idaho, and eastern oregon anyway. WAY conservative

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I wonder when they'll kick me out.

lolz

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown
a reply to: intrptr
Meh!
I bet if each megaregion decided to simultaneously succeed from the union there would be no way to stop it!

Meh? How do you secede, stop paying taxes? Okay, you first.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown

But. . . but. . . we have a flag!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It's ugly. Doesn't count.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Or better yet... wouldn't they just be considered citizens since they were here when the nation formed?

Yes. Their legal status in the U.S. or Canada probably would have zero significance in terms of Cascadian citizenship if they were already here when the nation formed.
edit on 20-8-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JadeStar

…or as a result of the inevitable quake.

Thats interesting. Or a volcano? Whats left will be occupied by FEMA.

You can bank on that.

I am afraid that many a nation is currently trying to throw off the yoke of US military occupation, aggression, oppression. You ready for that kind of Democracy in your neck of the woods?

I keep trying to tell people they don't have to fight the government, just ignore it. The more people wake up and become aware, joining agencies like CAS, the more power they will have, and the less Washington will have. A matter of course, their control only extends to the power the people give it.
edit on 20-8-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I like the idea, personally.

But I do have to wonder how many posting on here, sneered at Texas.

Going to have to grow a chin-beard now.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Are you familiar with the 'State of Jefferson'.

Yes as some have mentioned there's some overlap between the Jefferson movement and Cascadia but mostly they're separate things.

How about 'Ecotopia" a novel by Ernest Callenbagh written way back in the oh, late 70s or 80s. It revolved around an independent state from Shasta all the way north.

It's on my reading list though I have been warned that it was written in the 70s with all that comes with that (good and bad).

I'm all for it Jade. Living in rural Oregon and hoping.

Yes. Someday.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I like the idea, personally.

But I do have to wonder how many posting on here, sneered at Texas.

Going to have to grow a chin-beard now.

I saw that thread, lol a lot of them on here did sneer at Texas

I think its a great idea, then Texas and that area can setup trade with each other and tell the rest to bugger off

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
A very comprehensive and informative post. Thank you. It reminds me of the novel "Ecotopia" of several years back, which has more or less the same theme: The Great Northwest against the big, bad guvmit. However, I think this is a a wet dream of typical Seattle libs who never leave the city limits and do not recognize that there is another side to the Northwest, a much more conservative and less affluent one, one that furnishes the food for the Seattleites to grown fat upon, and one that although it distrusts the other Washington as much as anyone, distrusts the Seattle metrosexuals even more.

As a lifelong resident of these environs I would steadfastly oppose such a notion and would be very willing to take up arms on behalf of my government, the one with 50 states, against this absurd idea. No way. No how. Ain't gonna happen. These utopias never go well.

I starred your post even though I disagree. I think if you dig a little deeper you will also find that your view of the people into Cascadia Autonomy are a lot more diverse politically than the rather narrow definition you have.

For instance notice that "the right to bear arms" is considered part of one of the fundamental freedoms of Cascadia. Hardly a neo-hippie idea is it?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
As a lifelong Cascadia resident I've pondered this a time or three...

...or twelve...dozen.

For it to happen, it would take a major, major fracturing/Balkanization of North America, including Canada and Mexico.

A Cascadia, as envisioned in the OP could survive very handily.

Personally, I'm not sure what I think, truth to tell.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danke

Do you even read your own threads responses? Evilbat just said that, and you responded to me agreeing to his comment.

There aren't illegals in CA?

I do read responses I just didn't understand who these illegals would be in the context of a new nation of Cascadia. If they were here when the nation formed they'd be citizens. Whatever their immigration status in the U.S. or Canada was it probably would be irrelevant so long as they were here when the nation formed.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

Was my second answer to your immigration

more understanding then the first answer?

@JadeStar

I haven't the slightest knowledge of starting a team, I just started watching about a year ago.
If I had the money to start one , get a field and all the other hoopla that goes with it,
I could see Cascadian Emeralds ( or something ) having a great time playing US Eagles and working their rank up.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Where the muk is *ukilteo?

-----

I've never heard any convincing arguments for leaving the US. I think we're doing pretty well here in WA at the moment. Guns aren't messed with (we get suppressors yay), marijuana is legal, gay marriage is legal, we seem to have fairly liberal leanings towards social issues without turning into California... Why ruin a good thing? People from Oregon are weird and I'd rather not be associated with them, though I'd be fine with stealing that area of Canada.

Quick Googling:

Description of the movement[edit]
There are several reasons why the Cascadia movement aims to foster connections and a sense of place within the Northwest region and strive towards independence. The main reasons stated by the movement include environmentalism, bioregionalism, privacy, civil liberties and freedom,[8] increased regional integration, and local food networks and economies.[9]

I mean that all SOUNDS good. I'd rather we just focus more on State's rights and stay a part of the US personally. We can accomplish a lot of that on our own.

So you are perfectly ok with your taxes going to the NSA to spy on you as if you already lived in a foreign nation.

Don't think those billions could be better used closer to home?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Your OP says nothing of 100% of "cascadia" land was stolen from 100's of indigenous tribes from 1804 thru present day.

Are "cascadians" going to the Hague to answer for MASSIVE crimes against humanity?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Also, the flag is TERRIBLE. It looks like someone wiped their bum on the middle.

Don't dis my flag, brah. Seriously, brah.

It's my flag!

Brah!

Don't dis "The Doug". It's beautiful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join