It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cascadia Independence Movement - State of Mind or Future Nation State? What does ATS think?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Where the muk is *ukilteo?

-----

I've never heard any convincing arguments for leaving the US. I think we're doing pretty well here in WA at the moment. Guns aren't messed with (we get suppressors yay), marijuana is legal, gay marriage is legal, we seem to have fairly liberal leanings towards social issues without turning into California... Why ruin a good thing? People from Oregon are weird and I'd rather not be associated with them, though I'd be fine with stealing that area of Canada.

Quick Googling:

Description of the movement[edit]
There are several reasons why the Cascadia movement aims to foster connections and a sense of place within the Northwest region and strive towards independence. The main reasons stated by the movement include environmentalism, bioregionalism, privacy, civil liberties and freedom,[8] increased regional integration, and local food networks and economies.[9]

I mean that all SOUNDS good. I'd rather we just focus more on State's rights and stay a part of the US personally. We can accomplish a lot of that on our own.

Also, the flag is TERRIBLE. It looks like someone wiped their bum on the middle.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

Reaching for an argument? It is a logical question to ask when talking about secession. Republicans for the most part don't want illegal immigrants in the country, so what doesn't it have to do with it?

YOU ASSumed I had a lot of illegals in my area and wanted to get rid of them from your reply to me. Please link one thing I have said that stated I have an illegal problem in my area, or that I wanted to get rid of them... you have been the only one saying that.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Also, the flag is TERRIBLE. It looks like someone wiped their bum on the middle.

Don't dis my flag, brah. Seriously, brah.

It's my flag!

Brah!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Danke

originally posted by: Danke
a reply to: JadeStar

Since you guys are so left leaning and awesome, I assume your borders are open, and will be taking all the illegals currently in the US?

Wouldn't be fair to leave them with the rest of the US...them being awful ignorant racists and all.

your first post in this thread

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Yeah nice try, still not seeing it. Can you be specific?

I complimented the people of Cascadia and asked a question.

Where did I say I wanted to get rid of them or that I had a problem in my area again?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I would love to shed the nuts on the left coast and the ones on the East Coast. Those of us in the middle are tired of you trying to impose your lifestyles on us.

You know the opposite of that is also true. People up here do not think we should be beholden to the overly-religious and often intolerant values of your region and the deep south. Realistically the U.S. is a combination of completely opposite ideologies and values. In Europe we'd be different countries entirely.

And when I say that, it is with the realization that if we had kept to the COTUS as it was supposed to be, no one had to be imposing their anything on anyone, but because we allowed the Feds to take over, this is how it is.

And as a result no one gets exactly what they want. But that's what compromise is for isn't it? I heard a long time ago people on different sides of the political spectrum could actually politely agree to disagree and politicians often did what was best for the country as a whole rather than be beholden to two-party myopia.

I don't believe that was ever the case but older people tell me that it was.

If the trend has been away from that then ultimately as you say, a geographic split may be preferred.

Breaking the country apart may be the only way to stop having a system that ends up stepping on each other's toes. Because in all honesty, how you live out there is completely different than how we out here and it should be. They are completely different regions with different climates and different demands.

I agree.

I do not feel that someone in your part of the country should be able to dictate how we live here and if the way we live here is offensive to the values of your region then we shouldn't have the federal government forcing them on you either.
edit on 20-8-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
WHeres all the hate from the left for this idea?

When Texas came up with this sort of thing, people were all over that thread talking bad about Texans and calling them names etc etc

This is essentially the same idea

wheres the bigotry against them?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sorry what I ment by that was I have read and heard they Want to be North California. It will be hard for them to break off like that. If they were to go with Cascadia , they would have an option to break off into North California.

Sorta help them a long

Didn't mean to ignore the statement was rewording an answer.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat
a reply to: calstorm

some of Jefferson is in Cascadia ( see my location ) North Cali does not want to be part of Cascadia they want to be North California from different views I have read and watched ( meetings ).

I honestly say that we should take them along for the ride with us.

I was a Trinity county (nor Cal) resident for a decent chunk of my life. I have lived in Siskiyou county for a time where i attended a meeting regarding the State of Jefferson. I don't know of anyone who would be opposed to joining Cascadia.

Perhaps the more southern counties in Nor Cal would like to be Northern California, but the Far northern counties that are involved with the state of Jefferson do not. Hence the name State of Jefferson.
edit on 8/20/2015 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I was under the impression that the folks out towards the eastern part of "cascadia" were more libertarian than progressive, and that would make secession more complicated unless they agreed to be included in it.

You're correct. The commonality however is that neither they nor the more liberal western side of Cascadia feel the region is treated fairly so even though the USA divides along left/right lines Cascadia is a mix of left, right, liberal and libertarian views and everything in between but commonly united by an idea of a common future with greater freedom in general as well as more accountability from politicians local to where we live with our interests primarily in mind rather than those of two-party establishments based far from our region.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I appologize if I am miss reading your post, it reads to me a surtain way.

I hope my second answer about ilegals , answers your question.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Simmderdown
WHeres all the hate from the left for this idea?

When Texas came up with this sort of thing, people were all over that thread talking bad about Texans and calling them names etc etc

This is essentially the same idea

wheres the bigotry against them?

It's different because progressive.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

Because you can't fix stupid.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

surtain? When the red line is under the word it means the spelling is off a bit FYI.

It's dangerous to make things up just because you feel like it. Either I said it or I didn't.
edit on 20-8-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Which is better - to be ruled by one tyrant three thousand miles away or by three thousand tyrants one mile away?"

- Mather Byles

- also, many libertarians.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvilBat

I'm part

I passout little booklets at local gatherings and such. ( from cascadianow.org )
I don't force them into peoples hands I wait to hear if they are intrested. Then hand them a little booklet.

---
S&F thanks for more info put out there.

Yeah, that's how I found out about the movement. I was on campus and seeing the CascadiaNow presence. They're cool people they aren't preachy or like overbearing or anything. It's kinda like an underground scene kinda thing. Like "if you are down with us then we're having a meeting". You guys are not like those people shouting on megaphones downtown or the people from the Democrat and Republican parties around election time.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The commonality however is that neither they nor the more liberal western side of Cascadia feel the region is treated fairly

Can you expand on this a bit? I've never taken the whole thing seriously, and haven't really done a ton of reading on it. SOrt of on the fence.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Go look at voting results for the 2012 presidential election...all the states in Cascadia are BLUE.

What does progressive have to do with it?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

The only time I see Cascadia being an independent nation would be if the US' power grid got knocked out by EMP or another disaster that causes the US to disintegrate.
edit on 20-8-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

great attack the spelling ::golf clap::

what did I make up? Look at your first post that I quoted. Do you see it

read it

Do you see how some one might take

I assume your borders are open, and will be taking all the illegals currently in the US?

as you want illegals out of the rest of the country?

So explain to me how I made something up, I apologized for misreading your post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join